Home The Bridge

Tuesday Poll: Byloband's Ideas

2»

Comments

• VI. Inventory Management
    I was torn between inventory management and packs. The older packs idea is a good one (provided they have a reasonable discount) for people wanting to FF older golds. I'd like to see the ability to replicate citations. It would need to be a ridiculously costly function in terms of credits and fuel but at least I could get rid of the vast amounts of useless items in my inventory.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    VI. Inventory Management
    ByloBand hit On some key things one he missed, but maybe we just do not check it anymore.

I would really like the faction store to show how many of the item are currently in our inventory. Maquis Command Outfit and Maquis security outfit really frustrate me with their same picture. So many times I forgot which one I needed and bought the wrong one.

Maybe the reason this does not matter anymore is because many of us do not bother looking for items in the faction store because it does not show how many are in our inventory.
  • VIII. Opening packs (user interface)
    i really like the idea of opening old packs.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    III. AND Shuttles
    It's been a couple days now. Almost half of 79 votes are Inventory Management. Second place is Opening Packs, which is related to user interface.

I hope user interface is a priority for DB. Especially as it relates to inventory management. I understand that these things take time, so we shouldn't expect changes overnight. But here's to hoping.

Thank you all for participating in the poll, but especially to those who contributed to the conversation. There were a lot of topics and a lot of good ideas here. It was fun to discuss even the ones that are unlikely to happen. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    VI. Inventory Management
    Wow Bylo, you put alot of work into this, amazing job, hopefully the powers that be take a look at as well.

I wanted to add, not sure if anyone has ever suggested it, and its not a huge improvement, but maybe something DB might actually do?

Any way they can make opening single portals faster than one at a time? I currently have 400 single portals, and opening them are a pain in the **tsk tsk**..

• Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    IX. & X. Voyages
    Now that people have had nearly a week to vote, I decided to vote to support this thread without hopefully influencing too many voters.

I went with voyages because of the choices on the poll, that is the one I feel is both easiest to fix and will have the most impact on the most people. The decision to vote on this right now has NOTHING to do with the fact that I just sent out a doomed voyage with the "Maquis" trait, meaning there was literally no chance of hitting the ship bonus in a meaningful way (all my 10/10 ships had about 850 more AM than my best Maquis ship!).

The extra stuff with voyages would be nice, but cleaning up the ship selection process, limiting them to 5* ships, and re-working the seat bonuses IMO need to happen.

That being said, I very nearly voted for packs because those too desperately need attention (as to specifics, you can read the book I wrote on the subject, lol). If the packs option on this poll were bundled with DYC I would have voted for that instead because once again today my DYC triggered on a crew I have no intention of working on, meaning I was unable to DYC the second begold I opened which was for a crew I absolutely would have DYC'd. The DYC system is absolutely broken and IMO is costing the company a small fortune in lost revenue.

In closing, thank you to everyone who read through everything in my thread, I cannot begin to tell you how much work that took. The writing alone took about 20 hours, to say nothing of ALL the research, note taking, and photo editing (I actually had more images planned but I scrapped them at the end to save time).
  • MRNelsonMRNelson ✭✭✭
    VI. Inventory Management
    Given the lack of a choice for XVIII) REPLIMAT, I voted for VI) Inventory Management. There is a real need to be able to sort out crew-specific items for crew that are Immortalized, Frozen, or already FE. After all, who needs T'Mir's Velcro in inventory if you already have T'Mir in Cryostasis? ( yes, I know it's a crafted item )

Next on my list would be anything related to crew sorting. Trying to understand the sorting methods, and differences between sorting on the Crew screen and sorting on the Cryostasis screen are simple maddening!