Home The Bridge

Tuesday Poll: Byloband's Ideas

Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
For a breakdown of each idea, please see Byloband's thread.
Tl;dr, pick a topic that you would like to see DB improve with their finite resources.
The Roman numerals correspond to @ByloBand 's outline.
I limited the poll to 10 options that were most discussed on the first day of the thread due to forum limitations.
If you like one of Byloband's topics, but would like it to work differently, please vote for the topic, then add your opinion of how it might work better. That is the spirit of his own thread, after all. :)
Farewell 🖖

Tuesday Poll: Byloband's Ideas 88 votes

I. Gauntlet
4%
YateballDispaterCam TaliisZuuru 4 votes
II. Cryovault
5%
[QH] OxmyxMe [AUS]ShellandflamePavelHCaptain_Romo83 5 votes
III. AND Shuttles
4%
Jim RaynorJayBeezycaptain_yarPrime Lorca 4 votes
V. Player Committee
4%
ChaoticDNADirk Gunderson Coelji84 (Retired)Haere Lintesereg 4 votes
VI. Inventory Management
48%
WaldoMagSabine of AthensDane 'Glynn Fury[SSR] The Iron CowZombie Squirrel Ivanstone[TLA]  84wb[KM] WOLF 359AntasilLeshy~peregrine~(10F)GeekgirlDrone_oneSvenLundgrenTcalCFOHSilverknightOdo Marmarosacmdrworfsexy_ladyMRNelson 43 votes
VIII. Opening packs (user interface)
11%
Zann Calcore (ISA)dext74[SSR] GTMETAggeK Han Solo Ng & Thank4 All DteaCapt. Pete OwenProontCatsoElenaerilVesmer 10 votes
IX. & X. Voyages
15%
eXo | das411HaBlackHungry Dog DDMPinkyfirstThurthorad[DC] Picard Loves RedsBylo BandThorozar Fox Van VoxBakerbeanz BriKPan [ISA]guest_691165260378113Captain Idol 14 votes
XII. Faction Realignment
2%
EnderWCaptain Kerberos 2 votes
XX. Minuet
1%
12345678 of 123456789 1 vote
XXI. Tuesdays
1%
Banjo1012 1 vote

Comments

• Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    IX. & X. Voyages
    I should probably refrain from voting, but this is unbelievably awesome, thank you :)
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    VI. Inventory Management
    It's hard to pick one but I'd say inventory is the most pressing and most overlooked considering the constant influx of new individual items from new crew being introduced each week, and as time goes further more and more players will be affected by this.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    VI. Inventory Management
    Oh, I did not know that there are no multiple choices possible on the forum. That is a pity.

I also think that the inventory management is the most urgent topic as it turns the game more into work than acceptable. Even without the item limit pressing on me replicating safely is time consuming and no fun.

But also better crew management and sorting/display options I would consider as very important.

Ideas I would NOT support that much: Cryo-voyages, Siege, more options for new random outcomes for dil (e.g. for Voyage skills, Gauntlet...) and Committee. But I am not strictly against any of those, I just would not put any priority on them.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    III. AND Shuttles
    ByloBand wrote: »
    I should probably refrain from voting, but this is unbelievably awesome, thank you :)

It's so little work compared to what you did, lol. But... I am glad to have the originator's stamp of approval. :) I will vote, but I haven't decided upon which to choose yet.

Unfortunately, @[Mirror]Sanoa , I do not think the forum supports voting for multiple options. Or I just don't know how to do it. But as a side effect, it makes players choose one thing. That is in line with allocating limited resources. Especially considering that DB probably has ongoing projects already.
    Farewell 🖖
    VI. Inventory Management
    Unfortunately, @[Mirror]Sanoa , I do not think the forum supports voting for multiple options. Or I just don't know how to do it. But as a side effect, it makes players choose one thing. That is in line with allocating limited resources. Especially considering that DB probably has ongoing projects already.
    I do not think that you missed the option. I looked it up myself and could not find one either. Yes, it makes us choose the very most important thing which is not a bad thing, you are right. :)
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
    IX. & X. Voyages

It's so little work compared to what you did, lol. But... I am glad to have the originator's stamp of approval. :) I will vote, but I haven't decided upon which to choose yet.

I would just like to muddy the water a bit and say that of all the responses so far the one I find most surprising is that the DYC stuff has not been more popular.
  • VI. Inventory Management
    Inventory Management could also be realy helpfull in preparing for a galaxy-event. (At least i think it would help me.)
    It would also be interesting to turn some of the stuff into replicator rations, of course in a trade not even worth doing it, but why not have the possibility to do so.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    I. Gauntlet
    Inventory Management was tempting, but I hate Gauntlet in its current state WAY too much to not vote for it
  • cptrioscptrios ✭✭✭
    VI. Inventory Management
    Voted for inventory management since it’s in “I can’t believe they haven’t dealt with this yet” territory, but all-IM beholds are almost an equally-pressing need. I’m at a point where nearly every purple behold is all-IM.
    III. AND Shuttles
    I decided on AND Shuttles. I would love to see it resolved as a game mechanic. 80% from first skill listed plus 30% from second skill listed or whatever ratio DB decides - just spell it out.

Inventory Management is the overwhelming favorite at this point. I did another poll that was (understandably) ignored due to the release of Cheesecake Seven. Last I checked, "fix existing bugs" was in second place in that poll. I consider inventory management to fall in that category. Maybe others do as well. Either way, it seems like the largest QoL desire is centered on inventory and QoL is largely requested.

But... It's only been a few hours. Let's see how this plays out. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • IX. & X. Voyages
    This was an incredibly difficult poll to only give one answer to because of the depth of @ByloBand OP on these improvements. Honestly, inventory management is the least of my concerns. Voyages bring in the most resources and seem to be the driving force for essentially all my crew choices as of late.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    V. Player Committee
    As important as a revamp to inventory management is, I went with the Player Committee because the number of pitchfork-worthy events is still higher than we would like to see and I can think of at least five people who would be able to help with that.
    edited August 2019
    VI. Inventory Management
    As important as a revamp to inventory management is, I went with the Player Committee because the number of pitchfork-worthy events is still higher than we would like to see and I can think of at least five people who would be able to help with that.
    Really? The only pitchfork event I can remember in the recent past where a Committee might have counselled on before it happenend is the Mirror Picard campaign decision. But I think it was a deliberate test run, and DB would not have asked a Committee beforehand or tried it despite their recommendation to not do it anyway.

All the other pitchfork events that happened recently were accidents so the Committee could at best suggest consolidations which the forum community does with various suggestions anyway.

Given Shan takes the time to read through the posts on the Bridge, Engineering and the Make it so! section which I assume she does I cannot see too much value added by such a Committee.

But I share the already raised concern that it could give the Committee members an advantage over others by knowing things beforehand, like the theme of a Mega months before it takes place, as well as the featured trait as the rewards to be revised would share it, so they could focus on building up their crew long before the official announcement.
    IX. & X. Voyages
    Really? The only pitchfork event I can remember in the recent past where a Committee might have counselled on before it happenend is the Mirror Picard campaign decision. But I think it was a deliberate test run, and DB would not have asked a Committee beforehand or tried it despite their recommendation to not do it anyway.

All the other pitchfork events that happened recently were accidents so the Committee could at best suggest consolidations which the forum community does with various suggestions anyway.

Given Shan takes the time to read through the posts on the Bridge, Engineering and the Make it so! section which I assume she does I cannot see too much value added by such a Committee.

But I share the already raised concern that it could give the Committee members an advantage over others by knowing things beforehand, like the theme of a Mega months before it takes place, as well as the featured trait as the rewards to be revised would share it, so they could focus on building up their crew long before the official announcement.

It comes down to integrity, honesty, trust, and respect. There are people on this forum with integrity and honesty that I both trust and respect.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    I. Gauntlet

2thgyec141wj.png
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    VI. Inventory Management
    You need an All of the Above option.

Ultimately, though, they should just hire @ByloBand and be done with it. Pay him in beholds.
    VI. Inventory Management
    It comes down to integrity, honesty, trust, and respect. There are people on this forum with integrity and honesty that I both trust and respect.
    I think it is very hard to ignore things you know or figured out. Knowledge influences decisions one or the other way. Of course one could say "as I know that there will be a Q Mega featuring scoundrels in 3 months from now I will not take Qs or scoundrels out of beholds or level them before the Mega is announced officially", but this really was asked a lot from a human being, no matter their integrity.
    III. AND Shuttles

I consider forum regulars to be an informal committee. Maybe Shan takes some of us more seriously than others. Who knows? But I find the current state preferable. Us on the forum and Shan to sort things out. Maybe another system could be devised, but it's not a top priority to me.
    Farewell 🖖
    VI. Inventory Management
    Yateball wrote: »
    2thgyec141wj.png
    True but not recent. :D
    III. AND Shuttles
    You need an All of the Above option.

Ultimately, though, they should just hire @ByloBand and be done with it. Pay him in beholds.

"Other" and "all of the above" would have taken away two options. I considered it, but decided on limited resource approach. :) Though we could probably make the game pretty fun and tackle all of the ideas one at a time!
    Farewell 🖖
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    I. Gauntlet
    Yateball wrote: »
    2thgyec141wj.png
    True but not recent. :D

Almost exactly the one year anniversary haha
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I went with Inventory Management, though I wold add another element not listed in the thread. I really, really, really want the Replicator to show me the name of single items so I can distinguish one Clothing Pattern looking thing from another. Also, others have floated the idea of allowing us to farm for items from the Inventory menu, and I love that.

I think it comes down to transparency more than those things, because questioning that is really the basis for questioning the integrity or honesty of anyone at DB. As I said in the other thread, I don't believe that the pitchfork crowd wold be satisfied that there was any more transparency with a Player Committee than they are now, because the committee members would not be able to divulge anything more than what Shan is presently able to share with us. The anger would simply expand to the committee members, too, and accusations of them being sellouts shilling for DB and just as incompetent.

The one thing I think a committee could realistically help with would be assignment of traits. Related: The Great Trait Audit is my personal biggest wish, and not among @ByloBand's suggestions.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    XXI. Tuesdays
    I’m going with Tuesday’s and tying it in with Sieges. Sieges are a great idea and to have them every Tuesday would seal the genius deal
  • AntasilAntasil ✭✭✭✭
    VI. Inventory Management
    Inventory management seems to be the most pressing broken thing in the game. People losing gold citations because of an inventory cap which they can hardly manage is insane.

Many of the other suggestions are very interesting. I'm not sure the gauntlet will be fixed with only small adjustments. There are simply too many players with too many good crew around now.

I disagree with most of the Minuet chapter. Although I agree that Minuet is mostly useless, with so many crew in this game some are bound to be more usefull than others. If we make everyone useful, then no one is really good.

I like a lot of the new ideas suggestions. STT is need of something new. We've seen Skirmishes take the place of Expeditions as third event type. We either need a new event type or bring Expeditions back to prevent monotony.

The idea of a player council is intriguing. I sometimes see customer panels with some companies, but its usually a group of people who take more extended surveys. I doubt DB will ever form a player council, but if someone in DB marketing would ever like to spar with me, I'm up for it! :-)
  • TS199TS199 ✭✭
    edited August 2019

I would just like to muddy the water a bit and say that of all the responses so far the one I find most surprising is that the DYC stuff has not been more popular.

The DYC is an interesting concept, and would serve better as a citation offer. However it may not be top of the list at this time as there are cheaper ways of doubling up: campaign citations, free 10x on galaxy packs, honor from voyages, mega event discounted packs etc.
  • IX. & X. Voyages
    I went with Voyages, but somewhere in there he talked about events, and a new type/s of events. That's really what I want to see, outside of Fleet management and chat improvement.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • VI. Inventory Management
    XXIII, crew sorting in vault. It has become crazy trying to keep track of crew. The header of the vault should be changed to:
    “owned/active/immortal/frozen/total avail”
    Then add a “2” (or more) badge at the corner for those who have duplicated crew.

And i believe byloband forgot to list one main thing ppl have shown interest in. Upgrade Starbase fleet controls to 2 command officers primary and secondary command. These two should have the only control over recommending rooms, removing fleet members.
  • tytlaltytlal ✭✭✭
    VI. Inventory Management
    XXIII, crew sorting in vault. It has become crazy trying to keep track of crew. The header of the vault should be changed to:
    “owned/active/immortal/frozen/total avail”
    Then add a “2” (or more) badge at the corner for those who have duplicated crew.

And i believe byloband forgot to list one main thing ppl have shown interest in. Upgrade Starbase fleet controls to 2 command officers primary and secondary command. These two should have the only control over recommending rooms, removing fleet members.

+1 (to both paragraphs)
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    VI. Inventory Management
    I hate the gauntlet, and only play occasionally. The real biggy for me is inventory management. A month ago I got my inventory down to 900 items so that I would not lose the 5* citation before I used it. Now I am back up to 978 items, and am unsure whether to buy the premium track campaign before it ends because of this.
    IX. & X. Voyages

Thank you for bringing that up, I meant to address it. There were several areas of the game that I did not address, for example I also left Dabo alone. This was not an oversight, I did not have an idea better that I felt comfortable sharing, and it is not my style to force things. That being said, one of my goals was to inspire others to think up new things to fill in the gaps and I am pleased that you have come up with something good that I missed :)