Home Make It So!
Options

New Cadet Challenges and New 1-2* Crew

Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
So I've been floating around the idea of how the game could accommodate new 1-2* crew and have them not immediately go in the freezer. Well, why not have a new rotating list of Advanced Cadet Challenges...but with random traits.

So for instance Monday would be "Pilot, Talaxian, Nurse" only and have a set of nodes that need those traits to pass. Then the next Monday would have the same mission structure but need different traits, for example "Lurian, Maverick, Astrophysicist"
This way the game could add lots more lower class cards and actually have them be useful and have cadet missions be more challenging after being completed. A true Daily Challenge as it were...

Rewards could be more varied, making Merits, other Equipment, Faction Requests, Common Portal Pulls, Honor (maybe), Ship blueprints or even just randomizing the reward for that day! It would add a nice new layer of engagement and make people rethink their crew rosters to incorporate lesser ranked crew members.

Comments

• Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    First, merits would have to be a guaranteed reward to save it from being a resource sink on merits. Second, I would time the release with a slot sale (especially the 5 free slots), so there will be room to bring out the dusty old crew. A lot of players were happy to get the slots freed up when cadet missions became warpable. I would hate to go in the other direction, so free slots would hold back a few pitchforks.

It might help to make it a daily mission, but to not bump up the current number of 11. That would give a little flexibility when doing dailies.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay what about having an auxiliary roster, say 10 slots separate from the main group that can rotate ONLY immortalized 1-3* cards at will. Call it the walk-in-freezer :smiley:
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay what about having an auxiliary roster, say 10 slots separate from the main group that can rotate ONLY immortalized 1-3* cards at will. Call it the walk-in-freezer :smiley:

Make it any 1-3 star (remove immortalized restriction) and call it Cadet Quarters and I'm in. :)
    Farewell 🖖