Home The Bridge
Options

I want a Babylon 5 crossover mega event!

Yeah, I know we're barely into this mega event, but I'd love to see a B5 mega with Walter Koenig's Bester as the recurring 5*. There are several actors who played roles in various Star Trek series and Babylon 5, should be enough to fill out 4 weeks' worth of 4- and 5-star characters.

Comments

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would absolutely LOVE evil Chekhov. That would be great.

For that, I've also been watching Andromeda (which is Roddenberry, so sort of Star Trek) and they have Q in one of the episodes. Maybe that is where the Continuum is hiding.

In the end, however, they should stick to Star Trek.

Even though I would pay real money for Evil Chekhov.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be cool. DB doesnt have the rights to babylon 5 though so they would have to be careful with that idea.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I get the whole "stick to Star Trek" mentality to some degree, but DB already opened the can of worms by introducing Prince Bashir and Army Chaplain Odo.

So, because they did it twice (out of 750+ characters), clearly they can do a dedicated crossover mega event regarding Babylon 5? I’m still not feeling it... I play this game because I like Star Trek. I wasn’t a fan of those other two instances, anymore than I would care for a Babylon 5 or Reading Rainbow crossover. Just because the can of worms was opened twice, doesn’t mean it can’t be closed, welded shut, and sunk to the dark recesses of Mariana’s Trench. But, those are just my feelings on it. lol. Again, it’s just my two cents...

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    I get the whole "stick to Star Trek" mentality to some degree, but DB already opened the can of worms by introducing Prince Bashir and Army Chaplain Odo.

So, because they did it twice (out of 750+ characters), clearly they can do a dedicated crossover mega event regarding Babylon 5? I’m still not feeling it... I play this game because I like Star Trek. I wasn’t a fan of those other two instances, anymore than I would care for a Babylon 5 or Reading Rainbow crossover. Just because the can of worms was opened twice, doesn’t mean it can’t be closed, welded shut, and sunk to the dark recesses of Mariana’s Trench. But, those are just my feelings on it. lol. Again, it’s just my two cents...

As long as you're consistent with your disdain for all things non-Trek in this game, I have no issue with your opinion. I appreciate the feedback.
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭

As long as you're consistent with your disdain for all things non-Trek in this game, I have no issue with your opinion. I appreciate the feedback.

I will endeavor to remain consistent in that regard. :p

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not care one or the other way (license is a valid argument in any case though), but... maybe stick with guest characters in Star Trek which had a major role in B5? Would there be enough to fill a Mega? I hardly ever recognized the actors (was so proud to recognize Sirtis and Jerald in Orville, but they were not masked... so...).
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    If this is the case Iwant a BOSTON LEGAL crossover! There were loads of Trek actors in that!

The most notable being William Shatner, Rene Auberjonois, Armin Shimerman, Jeri Ryan, Ethan Phillips, Michelle Forbes, and Scott Bakula.

• Options
    Additionally to that...a Shatner take over event special. Each role held by shatner appears as a star trek equivilant:

Cop Kirk (TJ Hooker) Security key skill
    Lawyer Kirk (Boston Legal) Command
    Alien visitor Kirk (3rd rock from sun)
    Beauty padgent judge Kik (Miss congeniality)

There are more buy am bored of typing...lol

We could even add cameo roles such as ones from Columbo, Police Squad etc
  • Options
    Aside from the license issue, I'd love a B5 crossover. Just off the top of my head, besides main B5 cast, Tallman, Katsulas, you have recurring guest Koenig, and one off guest appearances by Barrett, Ansara, Vaughan Armstrong, Mary Kay Adams, and David Warner. As said, the precedent has been set, not to mention adding in non-canon STT originals.

I don't see DB expending the money to acquire the license though, however much people might enjoy it. (or not)
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please. NO just NO. This is a Star Trek game, let‘s stick with it.

Good thing, it will never happen anyway cause of license issues. :D
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    As a Babylon 5 fan, I like this idea, but would rather see a stand alone Babylon 5 mobile game instead.
  • Options
    I really liked B5 and this is an interesting idea...but there is already enough issues with people complaining about canon vs non-canon and so many desired crew that haven't been released yet. If DB could and did do this, there would be a shortage of pitchforks at Menards and Home Depot.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    The occasional nod to something outside of Trek is fine (don’t forget Yelgrun’s musician trait that oddly angered so many people), an entire mega event is just silly, no matter how much I would try for a 5* Denny Crane.
  • Options
    I'm more a B5 fan than a Star Trek fan, but no.

Just no.
    Captain Bubble Bobble
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would mind a tongue in check nod to the show, like they did for MASH in A Changling In Time.
    https://stt.wiki/wiki/A_Changeling_in_Time
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    Kaitee wrote: »
    I mean I'd love B5 variants, but I'm silly. I do think it would be fun to do a Stealth B5 event though, where everyone involved was on B5 at some point, and they're all acting a little B5-ish so far as it can be justified. Like it starts out on DS9 with "Commander Sisko has been reassigned", Chekov's there leading an off-the-books investigation for Starfleet Security into who wants Sisko out of the way and why, it turns out it was Admiral Lleyton and he's planning a coup against the civilian government of Earth (they walked into that one), Lwaxana comes in and gets Lleyton to stand down by reading his mind and telling him where his plan's going to end up... Nothing inconsistent with Star Trek (or to get in legal trouble), but it'd be a cute tip of the hat to B5 fans.

This. Perfect little tongue in cheek just like the M*A*S*H* event.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I propose that the title of this hypothetical Mega be “The Stars My Destination”. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Huge B5 fan, but I'd rather see a "nod" to it than outright characters from the show (not that anything like that would even be possible, since they don't have the rights). That having been said, there are a lot of actors who've crossed over. I started putting together a list until I found that a much more complete one already exists here. Nevertheless, since I spent all that time, here's what I managed to find before I discovered I'd just wasted a half hour. ;)

Thanks for taking an interest in the topic. I'd forgotten about some of those.
  • Options
    I dont know whether I recognize fewer of the Trek characters listed above....in that great list.....or fewer of the B5 characters. That being said.....the obscurity makes all of them worth 5* characters....and oodles of events...in STT
  • Options
    Thorozar Thorozar ✭✭✭✭
    Sign me up for the Quantum Leap crossover. Sam, Al, and the bartender from the finale all in star trek. I believe Sam and Al both in enterprise and the bartender was Braxton in Voyager.