Home The Bridge

Tuesday Speculations On Any Crew Reaching 2000 Skill Level

2»

Comments

• Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    The storyline of Janeway helping the Borg was a bit forced. Funny thing is those writers who didnt make the case for helping the Borg stronger do not have to answer these questions at star trek conventions, Kate Mulgrew has to.

I heard an interview of Kate Mulgrew on NPR's Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me. I really like her. And it contributed to why I like Janeway more than Sisko, even though DS9 edges out VOY in my hierarchy.
    Farewell 🖖
  • The idea Janeway helps the borg to defeat 8472 isn't so unbelievable. The problem is does Janeway have further strategy to prevent the Borg to bite voyage back when the war was over, and does she really face the consequence of it (Just see the episode Hope and fear ). In the story, she was offline for a while and Chakotay successfully airlocked all the other borg drones and only seven surviveed. One drone is much more easy to deal with than a batched of drones.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaBlack wrote: »
    Vid wrote: »
    Top card in the game should be Kirk, nothing would exist in this universe without him!

Or ... The uh... Voyager wouldn't have gone to the Delta Quadrant and struggled to get back? If... not for... Janeway? Wow. Way to be the only crew to not save the galaxy. :D

[/spoiler]

What do you mean not saving galaxy? She saved universe by stopping Q civil war
    https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Q_Civil_War

Hard to believe I overlooked that during the Q mega event. Well played. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Two weeks in a row a Disco crew person so I say a third Discovery person. I am guessing Craft from Discovery Short Trek Calypso.

a84ohdr83u31.jpg
    Let’s fly!
  • Resurrected this thread since the new Bones gets to 1887 with all med bonuses applied. Maybe we see our first 2000 skill level crew in 2020?
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivlain wrote: »
    As you can see from the card, he would have high Security and Diplomacy. But are we really going to ignore his Geology? He studied the rock so much he BECAME The Rock!

qg16xiqgy9q4.jpg

That last line.

I understood that reference........

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    did anyone else ever read the old TOS paperbacks "Dreadnought" and "Battlestations"?

latest?cb=20180911100418&path-prefix=en

Maybe Piper could be the first one-skill for command since she was inexplicably skilled at everything, and then Sarda for science because Vulcan :)
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    did anyone else ever read the old TOS paperbacks "Dreadnought" and "Battlestations"?

Maybe Piper could be the first one-skill for command since she was inexplicably skilled at everything, and then Sarda for science because Vulcan :)

I have them both.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Resurrected this thread since the new Bones gets to 1887 with all med bonuses applied. Maybe we see our first 2000 skill level crew in 2020?

No, we won t. DB has been very reasonable with power creep so far.
    And btw only raw status counts. ;)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Resurrected this thread since the new Bones gets to 1887 with all med bonuses applied. Maybe we see our first 2000 skill level crew in 2020?

I'm inclined to agree. The stat creep here doesn't bother me since he is one-skilled, with meh proficiencies, and for a special occasion. Not sure I would be up for this being a regular feature.

i agree, power creep has been well managed in the game so far.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

Own both. Love both. {Wasn't Piper going to the head during one of the battles the first indication ever that there is a head on the Bridge?}
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."