Home The Bridge

PLEASE FIX QUICK BUILD

That is all.

Comments

• [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ummmmm what is broken?
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I get the opposite sometimes where it says I don’t have enough items to build but when you do them individually you do have enough

Yeah, that's sort of a subset of what I was describing — basically it comes down to the game not being able to count properly. ;)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • VesmerVesmer ✭✭✭
    I’ve seen that “not enough items” too but somehow I don’t have to go down and build item by item, I just press build again - and it successfully builds up
  • Vesmer wrote: »
    I’ve seen that “not enough items” too but somehow I don’t have to go down and build item by item, I just press build again - and it successfully builds up

Yes. I have done this also then realized everytime i hit the build button i am being charged credits. Sooo 2 or 3 times the credits to build the same item. I get out of crew section and go back in or log out after one try then come back and it is built.

I have seen the highlight box as if u can build and then it says you dont have enough items as everyone else is describing.

I have also come across, many times, i want to build an item that, so i start drilling into the build specs to go get what i need and then... oh wait, i have everything. Build individually from bottom up and all good. But the quick build option did not recognize that did in fact have all the items for the build.

Basically both problems, but opposite. Still a matter of the game not calculating components correctly.
  • please don't fix anything about building

For real. You can’t help but be scared they’ll make it worse if they touch it.

Definitely. Every single crew you ever leveled with quick build could come undone! :#
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get the opposite sometimes where it says I don’t have enough items to build but when you do them individually you do have enough

The apparent bug is that you don't actually have enough materials to quick build the item.

It shows correctly that the item cannot be "quick built"

Sometimes when you build items, it shows you need two or something to build it. It needs two of that item to build it, but only one of that item is used. This means that when you build a second copy, part of it is already built and you need less raw materials.

The bug means it is cheaper on materials and chrons to build items individually rather than use quick build. I nearly always build individually because it is kind of relaxing.

please don't fix anything about building

Yes, this.

The only downside is that you may have more unneeded items in your inventory.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is all.

No. That is all.
    Farewell 🖖
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    That is all.

No. That is all.

Agreed. Don’t touch it.

llzlz9ptt1x9.jpeg

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Yea, don't touch that one thing (best bug evar!!) we all like and don't want taken away.

Wink wink, to you slower folk.
  • Don't fix anything, move along, nothing to see here.
  • kapukapu ✭✭✭
    lol yeah dont fix this! Fix the skill based crew sorting in the Vault to include the icicles!!
    Captain Lvl 99; Vip0; 552 Unique Immortals; Fleet: Omega Molecules; Base Lvl 134 (MAX); Playing Since March 2016.
    edited August 2019
    kapu wrote: »
    lol yeah dont fix this! Fix the skill based crew sorting in the Vault to include the icicles!!

Yes, there are much bigger bugs to fix. Especially since the OP couldn't be bothered to give specifics.
    Farewell 🖖
  • kapu wrote: »

Yes, there are much bigger bugs to fix. Especially since the OP couldn't be bothered to give specifics.

And the way the title was worded, it should be in Engineering anyway...
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    kapu wrote: »

I was also looking for more details from the OP. Given other issues in the game, this seems minor... But, such is the beauty of the Forums as any concern can be voiced.

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps this bug ties in with that mission that says drops 4* shirts but doesn’t.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps this bug ties in with that mission that says drops 4* shirts but doesn’t.

That is the bug I would like fixed.
    The game telling us the best mission for the item showing 5 pips. We run a 10 Warp get none. We go back, click on it again. Then we see it is in the rare rewards that we already have gotten, but is not in the normal rewards.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »

The game telling us the best mission for the item showing 5 pips. We run a 10 Warp get none. We go back, click on it again. Then we see it is in the rare rewards that we already have gotten, but is not in the normal rewards.

I feel a little bad saying this, but will say it anyway: if you’ve heard of the wiki and don’t use it for finding the best mission to run, I don’t have all that much sympathy. New players and those who have been around for a while but haven’t been to the forums or have fleet members who haven’t talked about the wiki...I still feel for them. Anyone else? No, not really.

Yes, the pips in-game are usually pretty horribly wrong and should be fixed. Yes, switching from whatever client you’re using to play the game to a browser tab to look at the wiki adds time and effort to the process that shouldn’t be necessary. What should be and what is are different things, however, and until DB does fix the problem we’re stuck dealing with it as it is.

I think of it this way: someone has put a bear trap on a popular jogging path, chained to two trees so that it can’t be removed. The person who put it there keeps sneaking out at night to cover it in dead leaves but never moves the trap, so people who frequent the path know it’s there anyway, leaves or no. If you step in the trap every time you jog on that path knowing it is there, how bad should people really feel every time it happens after the first time?

Talk to your fleet members. Remind them that farming components can be tricky if they only rely on in-game suggestions (for the number of pips as well as the curious order in which the missions are sorted). For anyone who has stepped in the bear trap and lost chrons to a broken game feature, give DB something they can use to prioritize bug fixes - file a support ticket. We love Shan and how she communicates things to and from us but unless there is a metric for the number of times she brings a problem to the team, I doubt whomever is in charge of allocating programming resources is going to really notice that this is all that much of a problem.
    Finding the best missions to farm items is a farming issue and not a quick build issue. As much as I would like to see it fixed, it deserves its own thread.
    Farewell 🖖
  • [RotP]Ran Airen[RotP]Ran Airen ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

I think of it this way: someone has put a bear trap on a popular jogging path, chained to two trees so that it can’t be removed. The person who put it there keeps sneaking out at night to cover it in dead leaves but never moves the trap, so people who frequent the path know it’s there anyway, leaves or no. If you step in the trap every time you jog on that path knowing it is there, how bad should people really feel every time it happens after the first time?

Remind me never to jog in your neighborhood
    Member of Rise of the Phoenix.

If it helps, we don’t even have sidewalks in this area. :) It’s one less thing to shovel in the winter, so that’s good.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

If it helps, we don’t even have sidewalks in this area. :) It’s one less thing to shovel in the winter, so that’s good.

We don’t either and it’s annoying. What is my kid supposed to ride her bike on when she gets that age?

• I can totally relate. I just moved from OR, where nearly every road has a bike path, to VA, where most intersections don't even have a proper crosswalk.

As to the topic at hand...I love being able to only use 5-6 items to manually build an item that uses 8-16 when done automatically. Major chron savings for those willing to slow down a bit.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭

I feel a little bad saying this, but will say it anyway: if you’ve heard of the wiki and don’t use it for finding the best mission to run, I don’t have all that much sympathy. New players and those who have been around for a while but haven’t been to the forums or have fleet members who haven’t talked about the wiki...I still feel for them. Anyone else? No, not really.

Yes, the pips in-game are usually pretty horribly wrong and should be fixed. Yes, switching from whatever client you’re using to play the game to a browser tab to look at the wiki adds time and effort to the process that shouldn’t be necessary. What should be and what is are different things, however, and until DB does fix the problem we’re stuck dealing with it as it is.

Talk to your fleet members. Remind them that farming components can be tricky if they only rely on in-game suggestions (for the number of pips as well as the curious order in which the missions are sorted). For anyone who has stepped in the bear trap and lost chrons to a broken game feature, give DB something they can use to prioritize bug fixes - file a support ticket. We love Shan and how she communicates things to and from us but unless there is a metric for the number of times she brings a problem to the team, I doubt whomever is in charge of allocating programming resources is going to really notice that this is all that much of a problem.

I understand your argument. It even makes sense. Something you need to remember, is that even if you have a work around, the issue needs to be fixed. Another thing to remember, is that not everybody uses a computer. I play exclusively on my phone. Accessing all of that other information is extremely difficult and much more time consuming than it would be on a computer.

I understand your argument. It even makes sense. Something you need to remember, is that even if you have a work around, the issue needs to be fixed. Another thing to remember, is that not everybody uses a computer. I play exclusively on my phone. Accessing all of that other information is extremely difficult and much more time consuming than it would be on a computer.

I only access the game and wiki on my phone, not sure what’s hard about switching apps even when Timelines reloads itself due to poor memory management. The wiki works quite nicely on mobile browsers, though editing pages can be annoying with scrolling through the text to find the area you need to fix.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

I only access the game and wiki on my phone, not sure what’s hard about switching apps even when Timelines reloads itself due to poor memory management. The wiki works quite nicely on mobile browsers, though editing pages can be annoying with scrolling through the text to find the area you need to fix.

So @Dirk Gunderson you always check wiki before you build. Or, do you get lazy or are too tired and hit the 10 warp on the mission DB puts as the best drop.

Remember the process, what item do you need, search for that item on wiki. Make sure to spell name properly before searching. Go to the rarity you want and then click on the mission to find out where it is located. Make sure you remembered Difficulty or you might have to go back to previous page to find that. Now go back to game, go to galaxy map. Click on missions episode or distress call. Choose difficulty and scroll to mission number. Confirm name, and now finally click it and ten warp it.

I get so sick of doing this. Reminds me of having to make my own maps in the old adventure games. DB needs to fix the items mission lists so the one that has the best drop for Chron. comes up first.

Sorry @Prime LorQa [10F] you are right this should be in its own thread. But I am sure it is already.

But, there is always a hint that the mission is wrong, When it uses the rare reward it always shows 5 pips almost always it should be 4 or less. BEWARE of 5 Pips.

So @Dirk Gunderson you always check wiki before you build. Or, do you get lazy or are too tired and hit the 10 warp on the mission DB puts as the best drop.

Remember the process, what item do you need, search for that item on wiki. Make sure to spell name properly before searching. Go to the rarity you want and then click on the mission to find out where it is located. Make sure you remembered Difficulty or you might have to go back to previous page to find that. Now go back to game, go to galaxy map. Click on missions episode or distress call. Choose difficulty and scroll to mission number. Confirm name, and now finally click it and ten warp it.

I get so sick of doing this. Reminds me of having to make my own maps in the old adventure games. DB needs to fix the items mission lists so the one that has the best drop for Chron. comes up first.

Sorry @Prime LorQa [10F] you are right this should be in its own thread. But I am sure it is already.

But, there is always a hint that the mission is wrong, When it uses the rare reward it always shows 5 pips almost always it should be 4 or less. BEWARE of 5 Pips.

If I am equipping a character l, I already have the short list handy - the wiki just reminds me which one to choose (except when 3* alcohol and 4* clothing patterns have the mission list bug, of course). It doesn’t need to be a giant dog and pony show to look up a little information.

If I am just randomly farming, like during a Skirmish event, that is indeed the process if I don’t manage to remember the mission off the top of my head, which is certainly true for most items that come up. The exceptions are 3* casings (Pirate Problems on Epic, CT’s first ship battle), 3* polyalloys and 1* databases (Change of Scenery on Normal, second ship battle of Episode 8), 3* alcohol (Operation Isolate on Normal, CT’s final mission), 0* translation algorithms (Beyond the Call on Normal, a few ship battles into Episode 1), 0* databases (I use Stolen Command on Normal from the Klingon Empire transmissions because it is the best ship battle, but the one away team mission has the best overall drop rage), and 0* isolinear rods (the away mission also has a better drop rate but Xahean Invasion on Normal, from the Infinity transmissions, is the best or only ship battle). 4* polyalloys are best farmed from the first ship battle in episode 8 on Elite, though I forget the name of it right now. And that PADD-looking thing that is always in diplomatic transmissions and other annoying builds...whatever that is, Double Trouble on Normal (episode 1, an away mission a few to the left of Beyond the Call) is the one to choose. If it wasn’t after my bedtime, I could probably reel off 0*/1* casings and 1* polyalloys as well...point is, tap enough times on the same thing and it does sink in eventually.

I also recall that Lashing Out on Epic (final ship battle of Episode 7), Ancient Guardians on Normal and Epic (first ship battle of Episode 6), and Long Live the King on Epic (ship battle roughly in the middle of Episode 5) also have good 3*/4* stuff (casings/sensors/databases), even if I can’t remember exactly what things go with which mission. Also: avoid the second ship battle in the Infinity transmissions even though it has a tempting farming target (exactly what that is escapes me and I am stubbornly refusing to check the wiki to confirm any of this right now), as DB has never bothered to fix the bug where that ship battle drops nanopolymers and transparent aluminum instead of tritanium and holoemitters.