Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Judgment - 08/29 - ME part 4- Edited bonus trait added

Comments

• Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any chance of moderating this thread so that we have one for next week's event and one for the griping about an event that's so far in the future that my kids will be back at school :)

I'm looking forward to a weekend off from the game FWIW

Guess I will thaw 4* Armed Philippa Georgiou & freeze 4* Kurros.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    So we’re looking at Mirror Landry, Vosk and resistance Shakaar next, next week

I have Mirror Landry 1/5, Vosk immo and Shakaar 3/4.......
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    This will be a good repeat for some of the newer players who couldn't capitalize the first time, and now have some of the crew beefed up to be competitive the second time.

It's also a good way for me to take a break from the event structure for two weeks.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hurray.....another Janeway........sigh...really? :/

Never enough janeway!! xzvyp7tupb3q.gif

Wasn't the last mega a Janeway? 2 months ago right? Could be wrong but I think it was. Hundreds of GREAT characters still not in the game but we need our 27th Janeway,........... :p
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    robownage wrote: »
    Ooh, loving this from the Communication:
    The featured event crew and rewards structure will be exactly the same as in the first instance of this event, except for the ranked 5* crew reward, which in this case will be Endgame Janeway (name subject to change).

This boss is coming!

ajken2qjefdl.jpg

I guess I'll finally get to use my 203 time boosts and 49.000 chrons :smiley:
  • Options
    WhatMeWorryWhatMeWorry ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I'm sorry....but for me, this flashback event looks and feels like bad news.
    It's like buying day old baked goods at the back of your supermarket.
    You know....the $2 bday cake next to the dented cans of refried beans.

Why is it bad?
    Because it feels like it's a cost-reducing move by DB.
    Whatever the costs are of a "new" event (licensing, design, coding, etc) ...they just saved them.

And the blurb about "more bandwidth to fix bugs"????
    Brought tears to my eyes thinking of my old Us Robotics 14.4K modem.
    Why should bandwidth a concern of DB EVER? Unless its a cost issue

Repeat events are bad enough. But not even a new 5*, no new prize structure...

All I can say is Wow.
  • Options
    edited August 2019

Wasn't the last mega a Janeway? 2 months ago right? Could be wrong but I think it was. Hundreds of GREAT characters still not in the game but we need our 27th Janeway,........... :p

Better than a DB 5* special, a character with 5 seconds of screen time and monster stats 😉

Captain Level 99

• Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    My bigger concern is, if a repeat event is too difficult for DB to run that they need to do this, that's really not a good sign for the stability of their code.
  • Options

Why is it bad?
    Whatever the costs are of a "new" event (licensing, design, coding, etc) ...they just saved them.

All I can say is Wow.

What's so hard to understand? The player base complains (rightfully) that bugs and certain game design choices are not being addressed. DB decides to allocate resources that would have been spent on a rerun event (designing a new crew member, rearranging shuttle missions and item build recipes to account for the new crew, and bringing the rewards table up to modern standards) to fixing problems, in the process giving people who want or need the original event crew from grinding for rank or buying packs a chance to do so without interference from veteran players gunning for an extended threshold. And the response? More complaining...

There are only so many hours in the day for DB to fill with work. They can’t add more without overtime, new hires, or shifting focus away from an existing task. They have chosen the latter. Hopefully we get some badly needed bug fixes - if they never materialize, then it would be appropriate to sound the alarm that something else is going on.

Before we generalize to the "all companies have limited resources" line of reasoning.... look at what it says about the resources that are currently available:

If DB had the resources to do both concurrently....and they apparently have had those resources for 3 years.....now they don't.

How much more obvious can it be?
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

Why is it bad?

All I can say is Wow.

What's so hard to understand? The player base complains (rightfully) that bugs and certain game design choices are not being addressed. DB decides to allocate resources that would have been spent on a rerun event (designing a new crew member, rearranging shuttle missions and item build recipes to account for the new crew, and bringing the rewards table up to modern standards) to fixing problems, in the process giving people who want or need the original event crew from grinding for rank or buying packs a chance to do so without interference from veteran players gunning for an extended threshold. And the response? More complaining...

There are only so many hours in the day for DB to fill with work. They can’t add more without overtime, new hires, or shifting focus away from an existing task. They have chosen the latter. Hopefully we get some badly needed bug fixes - if they never materialize, then it would be appropriate to sound the alarm that something else is going on.

Before we generalize to the "all companies have limited resources" line of reasoning.... look at what it says about the resources that are currently available:

If DB had the resources to do both concurrently....and they apparently have had those resources for 3 years.....now they don't.

How much more obvious can it be?

Did you forget the rollouts for client updates on all the various platforms, some of which are still pending?

Patience never hurts in playing this game. Ask @Dirk Gunderson about that. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Any chance of moderating this thread so that we have one for next week's event and one for the griping about an event that's so far in the future that my kids will be back at school :)

Ill put us back on topic. I think.

So no outrage that at the end of a mega, that all of your new Q and scoundrel crew and related unfrozen folk are now available to win a rerun, 2 skill, 5*??????
  • Options
    Flashback is great name to choose, as we go back to an older reward structure.

Already stacked 0* Furs because the original event zeroed out my inventory.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

Ill put us back on topic. I think.

So no outrage that at the end of a mega, that all of your new Q and scoundrel crew and related unfrozen folk are now available to win a rerun, 2 skill, 5*??????

She's sitting on my ship at 1/5 and she's not in the portal. I'm cool with that aspect. Normally at the end is a rerun. This is a modified rerun. The reward will not be a 1/5 that just takes up space. So... Yep, I'm totally on board. Might even go for top 25 to get that extra copy.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭

Better than a DB 5* special, a character with 5 seconds of screen time and monster stats 😉

Yes, you are right about that! :)
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I wanted the character the first time around I would have got it. If I didn’t want it then I don’t want it now. Can’t see how this appeals to anyone
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    If I wanted the character the first time around I would have got it. If I didn’t want it then I don’t want it now. Can’t see how this appeals to anyone

It appeals to them because they like the character, or they wants more stars on her 🙂

Captain Level 99

• Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

You would have because you have a deep enough well of resources. I'm sure a lot of people have come a long way in the last half year, allowing them a fighting chance when they didn't have it before. I suspect DB is gambling on players like us who already have Landry to want that oft-requested Janeway card and go HAM in the flashback to justify its existence.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

You would have because you have a deep enough well of resources. I'm sure a lot of people have come a long way in the last half year, allowing them a fighting chance when they didn't have it before. I suspect DB is gambling on players like us who already have Landry to want that oft-requested Janeway card and go HAM in the flashback to justify its existence.

It’s been a year since that event? Wow. It feels like it was more recent than that

• Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s been a year since that event? Wow. It feels like it was more recent than that

Just under half a year - March 7 2019.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    <snip> Unnecessary comment removed. ~Shan
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just under half a year - March 7 2019.

Oh. I see I read that wrong.

• Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aldude wrote: »
    The game is the game, and I enjoy playing it.
    A flashback event will give me a load of honour, and 2 purple pulls which gives me two more chances at adding stars/immortalising crew.

That is all.

....are we sure about this? the wiki appears to have this event as one WITH the threshold token and pack rewards...but what will happen if and when they "flashback" to one that doesn't?