Home The Bridge
Options

Clarification about Flashback Event

Hello All, forgive me for being a bit confused about the flashback announcement. I'm assuming that we will have the opportunity to get two copies of Ellen Landry. We will receive one for reaching 400k VP, and one for placing in the top 1500? @Shan

Comments

• Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, Shan already clarified this in a different thread. There will be no 400k reward.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    And you will be able to earn Landry if you place in the Top 1500 during next week's event (aka the final event of the Q Mega). The ranked reward the week of the flashback event will be Badass, err, Endgame Janeway.
  • Options
    Lol. Everyone is jumping 2 events ahead to 9/5 to figure out this flashback thing. Combo discussion in next weeks event thread for 8/29. You can refer to that.
  • Options
     Bri Bri ✭✭✭✭
    What was the event type and event crew for temporal misalignment? Apparently there’s a webpage that lists all previous events with the related info for each event?
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    [S14]Bri wrote: »
    What was the event type and event crew for temporal misalignment? Apparently there’s a webpage that lists all previous events with the related info for each event?
    Faction/Galaxy

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Temporal_Misalignment
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    GhaziGhazi ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    <snip> If you want to provide feedback, please do so in a respectful/productive manner. Thank you. ~Shan
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Ghazi wrote: »
    <snip> If you want to provide feedback, please do so in a respectful/productive manner. Thank you. ~Shan

This comment makes me want to reconsider taking it easy the next two weekends, perhaps even spend on packs.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    dang missed the good comment. :-) But I am curious how flashback plays out.

Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    Castell-NeathCastell-Neath ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Can we have "flashback" packs and dabo wheel to go with these events please??

The dabo can just be filled with pre 2018 cards at 4 and 5 star levels with a few 3s.

The packs just old 4 and 5 stars.

Please??!!

Please??!!

My x56 1/2 star super rare cards are begging you!!! Especially Enterprise E Picard
  • Options
    So it'll be faction - faction/galaxy - faction/galaxy? I've been saving boosts but not quite that many hehe
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there really any incentive to play? I really don't want to be negative and I appreciate the intention to 'fix and/or improve' parts of the game that have issues however this is one of the most unexciting announcements ever made. Two faction/galaxy hybrids in a row mean I'll probably play old threshold because I've a bit of a pokemon problem tbh and at least I'll save dilithium on packs because I dont chase legends when I get the SR guaranteed from community rewards.

Getting back specifically to these flashbacks though, maybe you could have made the community reward tier as folows: a SR, then a 10x pull and then the rerun legend. I'm not at all ecstatic about blowing my beloved chrons on a rerun event I've alrdy blown thousands of chrons on already. I'm assuming Janeway will have great stats in an effort to pull more of us in.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Selene 7Selene 7 ✭✭✭✭
    I wish it wasn't such a recent event, but oh well. That said, the reason given (they want to reuse threshold as is to save time) seems... odd. I can't imagine any way the code could be written that would make updating them take any serious amount if time...
  • Options
    SovinoxSovinox ✭✭✭
    So it'll be faction - faction/galaxy - faction/galaxy? I've been saving boosts but not quite that many hehe

The issue is chronitrons, not boosts, no? For hybrid events, the faction part is not really the big driver.
  • Options
    MRNelsonMRNelson ✭✭✭
    Since the name "Endgame Janeway" is subject to change and comes from the VOY episode Endgame, I wanted to toss out another couple of possible alternatives. Since Admiral Janeway is taken, my two best suggestions are:

1). Vice Admiral Janeway - from https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Endgame_(episode)
    2). Future Janeway
  • Options
    Why Not "Coffee Aged Janeway"?
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I am torn. On one hand this is totally normal - in other games events are replayed all the time without any change. Vererans enjoy a week off there or grab the equivalent of honor if they like. In Sims Freeplay for example you cannot even participate if you finished a specific event successfully before. That means that weeks can pass before another event shows up for you. Fine as well.

On the other hand the choice of event type could not have been worse. As was pointed out Faction -> Faction Hybrid -> Faction Hybrid is some sort of no-go. I have no idea what they were thinking.

/edit: If DB wants to play it cheap they could give us a skirmish rerun. That would generate quite some applause by the majority of players at least.
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am glad they repeat. I have 3/4 Shakaar I need to finish and I would like chance to get Mirror Landry
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the other hand the choice of event type could not have been worse. As was pointed out Faction -> Faction Hybrid -> Faction Hybrid is some sort of no-go. I have no idea what they were thinking.

If DB wants to play it cheap they could give us a skirmish rerun. That would generate quite some applause by the majority of players at least.

For casual playing I like Skirmishes. Not when I want to make at least 1500 though. Cause they eat much more time than the other event types. Since I am not interested in Colonel Q or Mirror Landry I have no problem with the event sequence cause I will take it easy this and next week.

Faction-Galaxy is my favourite event type. In case I want a card I go hard in the Faction part with saved up shuttle tokens, x2 things etc. And only need to finetune things a little in the Galaxy portion. Or also go hard there in case I want more than one copy of the card. Have enough Chrons in the tank for such occasions. But I know you hate Galaxies and their Chron eating nature much, so that is no option for you...

• Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    But I know you hate Galaxies and their Chron eating nature much, so that is no option for you...
    Jup, no Landry for me... again, except if 1000 to 1500 players who are usually ranking above me in Galaxies decide to boycott the flashback. :D

I think this was my very first event. I have Vosk at 2/4 and Shakaar frozen from voyages. Overall this specific event is quite underwhelming for me personally but not entirely useless.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Am I the only one who remembers when repeats didn't offer a chance for the old 5* at all and players complained that there was no point of a replay when they couldn't get the old 5* outside of buying packs. Then a 400k threshold was added and players complained that the threshold was too difficult to reach.
    No.
    Now DB has done what players always wanted and repeated the old rewards and players are still complaining?
    Yes.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel I'm a player that really tries to be positive, supportive and I also try not to judge beforehand.

I'm allowed to give constructive criticism and/feedback though, aren't I? I'm not 'complaining' for no reason, and I've never once asked for previous events to be rerun. (generally i dont mind reruns, tbh) I find this announcement unexciting and I'm disappointed that there are 3 galaxy type events in a row.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Am I the only one who remembers when repeats didn't offer a chance for the old 5* at all and players complained that there was no point of a replay when they couldn't get the old 5* outside of buying packs. Then a 400k threshold was added and players complained that the threshold was too difficult to reach. Now DB has done what players always wanted and repeated the old rewards and players are still complaining?

^ what he said.

Also, I realize the sequence of events is rough, but they have also selected a pretty unpopular card which was another factor to consider for a repeat. I suspect more people would be unhappy if they repeated a hotly contested event where people spent lots of money for a great card, and have that event as flashback just because it fits better in the event type sequence.

A rough sequence gives you even more reason to consider taking a week off, which is another request that comes up on the forum regularly. DB can't win indeed.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I the only one who remembers when repeats didn't offer a chance for the old 5* at all and players complained that there was no point of a replay when they couldn't get the old 5* outside of buying packs. Then a 400k threshold was added and players complained that the threshold was too difficult to reach. Now DB has done what players always wanted and repeated the old rewards and players are still complaining?

^ what he said.

Also, I realize the sequence of events is rough, but they have also selected a pretty unpopular card which was another factor to consider for a repeat. I suspect more people would be unhappy if they repeated a hotly contested event where people spent lots of money for a great card, and have that event as flashback just because it fits better in the event type sequence.

A rough sequence gives you even more reason to consider taking a week off, which is another request that comes up on the forum regularly. DB can't win indeed.

Was Landry really an "unpopular" card? I know there's a lot of Disco hate here, but I'm not sure she's especially disliked as far as cards go. But I agree with your point of selecting this event instead of the one that gave us, say, Humbled Archer. Or imagine the pandemonium if they had gone with High Roller Sisko or Captain Sisko.
  • Options
    Why Not "Coffee Aged Janeway"?

Or “Iced Tea Janeway”?

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    How about Jumping Janeway cause she jumped from the future or Borg Besting Janeway or Badass Janeway or Revenge Janeway or Temporal Directive Shemporal Directive I Am Janeway And I Do What I Want.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I had a mistake in thinking in this... there will be no Landry rewarded anyway in the Flashback. Instead it means no Janeway for me. And that means that the flashback will probably be as popular as any other event as there will be a new 5* reward (desired or not we will see).

It is the 4th Mega which might be easygoing with no new 5* ranked reward but Landry instead.

So an issue with flashbacks might be that they make 2 events boring for some people - the one prior to it and the flashback itself, for different reasons.

• Options
    Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

/edit: If DB wants to play it cheap they could give us a skirmish rerun. That would generate quite some applause by the majority of players at least.

No, please :s

I really want this version of Janeway, but even if that wasn't the case, so far, except for Wrathful Kirk, most Skirmishes had a relatively minor character as a ranked reward. If they'll start picking popular versions of the main characters as ranked 5* in Skirmishes, the competition combined with the easy availability of intel will turn those events into nightmares :s