Home The Bridge
Options

Clarification about Flashback Event

2»

Comments

• Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭

/edit: If DB wants to play it cheap they could give us a skirmish rerun. That would generate quite some applause by the majority of players at least.

No, please :s

I really want this version of Janeway, but even if that wasn't the case, so far, except for Wrathful Kirk, most Skirmishes had a relatively minor character as a ranked reward. If they'll start picking popular versions of the main characters as ranked 5* in Skirmishes, the competition combined with the easy availability of intel will turn those events into nightmares :s
    Wrathful Kirk was the ranked reward of a Faction event.

Skirmishes in my experience take about 6 to 8 hours of playing to rank in the 1500. But I can distribute them as I like over the weekend and do not have to do anything at work for it.

In my opinion Factions are much more time consuming with all the waiting and timing for 4 days straight, Friday and Monday during office hours being the worst. Some people even set alerts during the night... THAT is hard.

And Galaxies... if the reward is totally desireable people go nuts with their 100k+ chrons and many people including myself with like 10k on the shelf can tick that off immediately when a good part of it goes into levelling up the event crew first. That is why I basically do not care in the first place. Maybe I will change my mind in a year or so with 100k chrons lying around with no purpose but... Galaxies are also the most boring sort of event.

From the fun factor imho Factions are the best but 4 days is just too long for me, and a Galaxy hybrid is chron-wise basically again just a Galaxy.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭

Skirmishes in my experience take about 6 to 8 hours of playing to rank in the 1500. But I can distribute them as I like over the weekend and do not have to do anything at work for it.

From the fun factor imho Factions are the best but 4 days is just too long for me, and a Galaxy hybrid is chron-wise basically again just a Galaxy.

That is the benefit of Galaxies as well: The flexibility. I can play it whenever I want. And for Top 1500 it takes much less time than Skirmishes. Plus a complete 4* as one of the rewards.

And no, when you have many shuttle tokens etc. saved up and go hard in the faction part of Shuttle/Galaxy hybrids at least for Top 1500 you don´t need too many Chrons in the Galaxy part.

But as you said: One day when you have also hoarded up tokens you will probably see the "other side" as well...

• Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is the benefit of Galaxies as well: The flexibility. I can play it whenever I want. And for Top 1500 it takes much less time than Skirmishes.
    If you have all the stuff pre-farmed Galaxies are quick to finish I assume. For me the time consumption for Galaxies vs. Skirmish towards the threshold are very similar. A Galaxy threshold takes around 3 hours for me (I am very picky and check wiki all the time as I tend to forget the best missions over and over again). But these 3 hours feel like half a day due to their tediousness.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Am I the only one who remembers when repeats didn't offer a chance for the old 5* at all and players complained that there was no point of a replay when they couldn't get the old 5* outside of buying packs. Then a 400k threshold was added and players complained that the threshold was too difficult to reach. Now DB has done what players always wanted and repeated the old rewards and players are still complaining?

^ what he said.

Also, I realize the sequence of events is rough, but they have also selected a pretty unpopular card which was another factor to consider for a repeat. I suspect more people would be unhappy if they repeated a hotly contested event where people spent lots of money for a great card, and have that event as flashback just because it fits better in the event type sequence.

A rough sequence gives you even more reason to consider taking a week off, which is another request that comes up on the forum regularly. DB can't win indeed.

Was Landry really an "unpopular" card? I know there's a lot of Disco hate here, but I'm not sure she's especially disliked as far as cards go. But I agree with your point of selecting this event instead of the one that gave us, say, Humbled Archer. Or imagine the pandemonium if they had gone with High Roller Sisko or Captain Sisko.

The two-skill issue I think is the real sticking point. And that the two skills are the most common, that didn’t help. She’s a reversed version of T’Kuvma with a better primary skill base and a worse secondary skill proficiency. With a bland ship ability, she’s just not that interesting from a utility standpoint; add in some general Disco hate, and you have a crew that really only appeals to Landry collectors and new players who could use nearly any legendary to help their crew.
    That is the benefit of Galaxies as well: The flexibility. I can play it whenever I want. And for Top 1500 it takes much less time than Skirmishes.
    If you have all the stuff pre-farmed Galaxies are quick to finish I assume. For me the time consumption for Galaxies vs. Skirmish towards the threshold are very similar. A Galaxy threshold takes around 3 hours for me (I am very picky and check wiki all the time as I tend to forget the best missions over and over again). But these 3 hours feel like half a day due to their tediousness.

I tried the pre-farming route and I found it easy enough to clear the 130k threshold but much harder to make rank...banking at least 15k chrons gives you, I think, a better buffer in case the event happens to be particularly popular. It’s tougher to do so with components since we don’t know which ones we need for any given event until the event starts.

Agreed 100% that Galaxy events are tedious. You get all the tapping of a Skirmish event while watching your inventory decrease rather than increase...
  • Options

/edit: If DB wants to play it cheap they could give us a skirmish rerun. That would generate quite some applause by the majority of players at least.

No, please :s

I really want this version of Janeway, but even if that wasn't the case, so far, except for Wrathful Kirk, most Skirmishes had a relatively minor character as a ranked reward. If they'll start picking popular versions of the main characters as ranked 5* in Skirmishes, the competition combined with the easy availability of intel will turn those events into nightmares :s
    Wrathful Kirk was the ranked reward of a Faction event.

Sorry, I misremembered!

To be honest, I also like Skirmishes per se more than other event types, but not if I want to grind for the ranked reward. I did that once for Mirror Stamets and it was awful. 6 to 8 hours of doing the same thing over and over again are an awful experience to me. I prefer faction events where I just have to login briefly once every 90 minutes during the day.
    I guess that's subjective, but with a really popular ranked reward those 6 to 8 hours might easily turn into 10 or 12, which would probably make it less enjoyable for others too.
  • Options
    {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is just my opinion, but I would much rather they had left Pulaski as the ranked legendary. I would play this event hard for a second star on her. If Janeway isn't some kind of spectacular, this event will be an easy pass for me.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I the only one who remembers when repeats didn't offer a chance for the old 5* at all and players complained that there was no point of a replay when they couldn't get the old 5* outside of buying packs. Then a 400k threshold was added and players complained that the threshold was too difficult to reach. Now DB has done what players always wanted and repeated the old rewards and players are still complaining?

^ what he said.

Also, I realize the sequence of events is rough, but they have also selected a pretty unpopular card which was another factor to consider for a repeat. I suspect more people would be unhappy if they repeated a hotly contested event where people spent lots of money for a great card, and have that event as flashback just because it fits better in the event type sequence.

A rough sequence gives you even more reason to consider taking a week off, which is another request that comes up on the forum regularly. DB can't win indeed.

Was Landry really an "unpopular" card? I know there's a lot of Disco hate here, but I'm not sure she's especially disliked as far as cards go. But I agree with your point of selecting this event instead of the one that gave us, say, Humbled Archer. Or imagine the pandemonium if they had gone with High Roller Sisko or Captain Sisko.

She's 2 skills, and not particularly strong. I didn't bother pushing for her the first time because her stats just didn't seem worth it. Since I don't have a copy from the first run, I feel no need to push for a second copy now. I liked the character, but I just can't justify another weak 2 skill crew sitting at 1/5 on my roster.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

^ what he said.

She's 2 skills, and not particularly strong. I didn't bother pushing for her the first time because her stats just didn't seem worth it. Since I don't have a copy from the first run, I feel no need to push for a second copy now. I liked the character, but I just can't justify another weak 2 skill crew sitting at 1/5 on my roster.

I have her, so I want that second star, but to the original question of her being a weak card: yes, she's weak. I wouldn't recommend a first copy to very many players. SEC/CMD is not in strong demand and the stats are nothing special. I've never used her in Arena or Skirmish, or voyage, gaunlet, or chapter nodes. There are better cards.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    My issue with the flashback event is the very ambiguous message that they are working on bugs instead of telling us exactly what bugs they are working on i.e. inventory bug or improving the chat message etc.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    My issue with the flashback event is the very ambiguous message that they are working on bugs instead of telling us exactly what bugs they are working on i.e. inventory bug or improving the chat message etc.

They got more bugs than the US Embassy in Moscow.....

UHURA (on intercom): (in Klingonese) ...We is condemning food, ...things ...and supplies.
    SLEEPY KLINGON: (in Klingonese) Don't catch any bugs!
    Uh huh, hahahha, huhuh huh hahah....
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    Will the Faction Missions remain the same from last time?
    "Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig" Lazarus Long, Time Enough for Love, R.A. Heinlein
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely everything will be the same except the legendary ranked reward.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward to taking a break from the events for a week. Game has become rather stale lets hope they use this time to develop the game and not to peddle more packs.
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

^ what he said.

I seem to recall defending her when she came out. I did find a use for her in the early days after winning her but I think that was the last mirror event, I may have also sneaked her in the odd gauntlet. I think her use has dwindled for me quite dramatically. But then again that's probably because Mirror Reed has dropped for me and I have vastly improved my SEC COM with the likes of the Megas, and Campaign Legendaries.

If you have either Mirror Reed or Sulu your only hope of her use is if she is featured in events to discovery crew - but considering the sheer number of discovery crew and mirror crew those traits may be less used in future events.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO