Home The Bridge

Leonard McCoy

First 2 dilemnas in my voyage gave me a higher duty, 1 and 2. Decided to take a shot at part 3. 30 hours later...and nearly all my voyage refresh tokens....finally got part 3. Frustrating because I still need Colonel Worf and Ensign PIcard and got none of their dilemna options the whole time.

Comments

• eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i got the first two and chased after McCoy a few months ago, and what "helped" was that i had ZERO tokens in my inventory, so i was able to spend relatively low dilithium on the first couple of refills and THEN use tokens from inbox messages....he ended up dropping at i think 14 hours, still no sign of picard yet though!
  • AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got my Ensign Picard last week. Parts 1 and 2 at 2 and 4 hours, used revival tokens until part 3 dropped at 18 hours.

From what I gather, I got lucky. And I still need to do it again to get Colonel Worf.
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Got Worf from a 60 hours voyage, still need Picard.

Saving now tokens again for a 60 hours voyage. The crew from the 3parters are the hardest things to get in the game, but I like the challenge. At least something you can do without spending a big amount of $.
  • PompeyMagnusPompeyMagnus ✭✭✭✭
    I was lucky. Last week I got Champion of the People parts I & II at the two and four hour dilemmas, respectively. At six hours I got A Life Alone I (I need one more Jannar to freeze) and something else at eight hours.

In any case, I made the decision to chase part III and was lucky to get it at the twelth hour dilemma.

This was my second attempt at chasing the third part of a dilemma chain. The last time I used up more than a dozen revive tokens and didn't get it.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    The thing i care less about this game is the voyages exclusive crew. Most have crap status anyway. Using dilithium or tokens to run voyages 14h+(along with a good chance the voyage gets stucked) just to maybe secure 1 copy? Not worth to me.

But i am totally fine with that other players seem to enjoy the hunt and happily spending to collect all voyages exclusive crew. Happy hunting and good luck. :)

•SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing i care less about this game is the voyages exclusive crew. Most have crap status anyway. Using dilithium or tokens to run voyages 14h+(along with a good chance the voyage gets stucked) just to maybe secure 1 copy? Not worth to me. If i get them (by accident, since i don t even check which option to pick when a part 3 dilemma comes up) fine, if not fine as well.

But i am totally fine with that other players seem to enjoy the hunt and happily spending to collect all voyages exclusive crew. Happy hunting and good luck. :)

I totally agree. The cards themselves hold no value to my crew situation

• Everyone knows that the cards are not worth the effort, but let me quote one of the great guys, Lemmy himself:

rusxnamaopd8.jpg
  • Finally got part 3 just this week for my 2nd * for McCoy. I'm not sure how many months in between that was, but it was a lot! Got part 3 at the 8 hour mark. took the loot & sailed home!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as there is no collection with a stunning reward for them there is no chance that I will ever chase them. If they ever drop naturally I will probably lament over the honor involved to finish them but will not have the heart to airlock them.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as there is no collection with a stunning reward for them there is no chance that I will ever chase them. If they ever drop naturally I will probably lament over the honor involved to finish them but will not have the heart to airlock them.

The voyage-only crew have been using the 4* campaign citations for me. It’ll be wonderful next year when I have all of them finally done.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    The voyage-only crew have been using the 4* campaign citations for me. It’ll be wonderful next year when I have all of them finally done.

I did the same with Fierce Guinan. I have all the voyage cards except the remaining 3-parters, so now I'm using the campaign citations on the 4* cards from faction events where I skipped buying packs. I used the last one on Jodmos, and Keyla Detmer will be getting the next one. (Neither card is part of the current portal update - others that were in the update will just have to wait until they drop.)
  • Cam TaliisCam Taliis ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone knows that the cards are not worth the effort, but let me quote one of the great guys, Lemmy himself:

rusxnamaopd8.jpg

They should have called the current recurring mega gold Q as “Lemmy”.
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    After a year and a half playing, I finally got my first three-parter on a voyage (Colonel Worf). I luckily only had to do a 16hr voyage to get him.

One thing I would like to see is that when you get the first part of these dilemmas, you get locked into the sequence until you break it with a choice. That's how I assumed it worked when I first started playing and was surprised it's any other way. They could balance things out by making the part 1 of the dilemma slightly more rare. Doubt this would be implemented though.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1470 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just save up your voyage tokens and don't make a run until you have enough to clear the board. Anything else is asking for RNG to disappoint you.
  • I said in a previous thread they should introduce a voyage collection as an incentive to keep them.

I am totally for the "locked in" idea to a multi part dilema...or make voyage tokens droppable in voyages or shuttles. At the moment its too much of a faff to get even 1 of the part 3er characters, let alone ff them, which i think you should be abe to do after 8-12 months of continous voyages.
    Then I will lament over those. :D Every week without a community reward means another 3/4 toon. It is not like I had no (better) use for the campaign citation without the voyage-only crew. :(
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I said in a previous thread they should introduce a voyage collection as an incentive to keep them.

I am totally for the "locked in" idea to a multi part dilema...or make voyage tokens droppable in voyages or shuttles. At the moment its too much of a faff to get even 1 of the part 3er characters, let alone ff them, which i think you should be abe to do after 8-12 months of continous voyages.

After 12 months you should have:
    12 4* Citations from campaigns
    52+ Voyage tokens from clearing threshold every week and a couple DB sorry token emails

You need ~28-29 tokens to run the table.

You will have enough to complete 1 full Voyage getting 2 of the 3 part crew.
    You will have enough citations to FF both of them.

You will have 23 tokens left and 6 4* citations left.

In another 6 weeks(so 13.5 months total), you will have enough tokens for a second long voyage run to get the other 2 crew.

In 13.5 months you will have all four of 3-part crew FF. If you're lucky and get both part 3s before the final dilemma then you can shave a couple months off of that total.

So you're 8-12 months is right in line with what is possible.
    AviTrek wrote: »
    52+ Voyage tokens from clearing threshold every week and a couple DB sorry token emails

In another 6 weeks(so 13.5 months total), you will have enough tokens for a second long voyage run to get the other 2 crew.

In 13.5 months you will have all four of 3-part crew FF. If you're lucky and get both part 3s before the final dilemma then you can shave a couple months off of that total.

You make it sound positive but this does not sound appealing in any way to me. Why should I bother? There is zero benefit in having them frozen.
  • AviTrek wrote: »
    I said in a previous thread they should introduce a voyage collection as an incentive to keep them.

Wow....that is a very good guide!

My issue is not bothering to clear every threshold in galaxy events due to time issues and general boredom of tap tap tap, and i have still not mastered the boost headstart for factions. Only in skirmishes do i seem to clear thresholds faorly regularly

I currently have 2 tokens...i better start saving. Could be a while though.

• Hopefully by the time that year rolls around they will have fixed the bug that screws up your Voyage after it’s been running for “too long”.
  • I'm not exactly chasing them. I still got Lucien 4/4 and some of the others (Guinan, the Clown and the Breen) now just by chance.
    Is there a 100%-chance that Picard or Old-man-Worf will be rewarded after Part 3??? I would bite myself in the **tsk tsk** if i did a 14-20h voyage, get to the third question, give the "right" answer and get 600 unnecessary schematics :s:s:s
    Serving with Battleship Texas [BBTX]
  • Huh? *tsk tsk*?
    Let me check: bum or butt?
    Serving with Battleship Texas [BBTX]
  • I'm not exactly chasing them. I still got Lucien 4/4 and some of the others (Guinan, the Clown and the Breen) now just by chance.
    Is there a 100%-chance that Picard or Old-man-Worf will be rewarded after Part 3??? I would bite myself in the **tsk tsk** if i did a 14-20h voyage, get to the third question, give the "right" answer and get 600 unnecessary schematics :s:s:s

I can only speak for myself, but every two/three part dilemma has dropped the voyage-only crew 100% of the time as long as the right options are chosen.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

You make it sound positive but this does not sound appealing in any way to me. Why should I bother? There is zero benefit in having them frozen.

A year straight of burning hard in every single event doesn’t sound any better to me. That being said, Thot Gor was a big help during the Dominion mega and has a reasonable ship ability, while The Clown has excellent base skills, Picard and McCoy are solid variants of main cast, Jannar counts for the Delphic Expanse collection, and Fierce Guinan is actually okay in the gauntlet thanks to how often they run Guinan-centric traits. Lucien is pretty worthless and so is Colonel Worf barring any Klingon-themed events.

I wouldn’t torch a year’s worth of tokens on voyages likely to be cut short by bugs anyway. Getting them the slow way, with a lot of luck and maybe some citations, is the way to go.
    I wouldn’t torch a year’s worth of tokens on voyages likely to be cut short by bugs anyway. Getting them the slow way, with a lot of luck and maybe some citations, is the way to go.
    Absolutely that. I have the Clown at 3/4 already as I get that dilemma quite often. Also some others are around at 1 or 2/4 (Jannar for example). But I will never hunt down the 3parters. If they happen coincidentially... well.. then it will be kismet and I will cite them, but the 2parters I let flow in naturally.
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am on the hunt for McCoy currently. 56 hour voyage and counting... Eat your heart out Gilligan!
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not exactly chasing them. I still got Lucien 4/4 and some of the others (Guinan, the Clown and the Breen) now just by chance.

I can only speak for myself, but every two/three part dilemma has dropped the voyage-only crew 100% of the time as long as the right options are chosen.

I have had other rewards other than voyage only crew even with the right answer. It may have been a glitch but there should be a disclaimer somewhere so everyone knows you still might not get the voyage only crew, even with the max length voyage. Perhaps it was a glitch, perhaps it works this way. I would like to see if others have had this happen.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am on the hunt for McCoy currently. 56 hour voyage and counting... Eat your heart out Gilligan!

Have you tried using a coconut radio?
    Let’s fly!
  • Whatever you do, RECALL the voyage immediately after the final, 36th dilemma. I was masochistic enough to dilithium my way through all 36 Dilemmas and stuck around too long. Once the system tries to load another dilemma, it can't rerun any of them, so it freezes voyages! Then you've got to submit a ticket and wait for DB to unlock it, which may take longer than the 28 or so hours recalling the voyage would take anyway.