Home The Bridge
Options

September Campaign discussion

robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2019 in The Bridge
Back to school!

Very happy about Professor Sato. She is fantastic, but never quite made it to the top of my citation list.

Comments

• Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yet another featured 5* that I currently have FE @ 1/5! Needless to say, I am very excited to get 4 more copies of Professor Sato!

I have 2 frozen copies of 4* Professor Scott already, so that is 800 honor for free.
  • Options
    IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I have her FF, so I'll skip Premium again this month. Still, happy to see DB continuing to put out quality 5*s at least some of the months (I'm looking at you, Drunk Troi...).
  • Options
    [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 1/5 Professor Sato and I approve of this Campaign.

Ditto.
  • Options
    NS111111NS111111 ✭✭✭
    Got her at 3/5 and think I used a citation, so a tad sore about that - but also was planning to use one on her in the not too distant future. Going to have to start totting up how many of these 5*s I dismiss though, 4 Picard, a Troi and now 2 Sato...
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome! I have her at FE 1/5, and she is/was number 2 on my citation list. She is such a monster on voyages and shuttles, this is great news. I'm happy, happy, happy!!! :)
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    So looking forward to her. Thanks, DB!
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great for a lot of people! Already immo'd for me, as was this month and last month....will prolly still go with it, but it would be nice to get a card I don't have yet.
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    I don't have her at all, but have seen a lot of glowing comments about her. Is she worth having multiplies of at say 1/5 or 2/5 ?
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hindsight being 20/20, I could have chosen someone else in that behold a week or two ago...oops. Great crew choice, thanks DB!
  • Options
    Good choices....

But why not a new 4 star school teacher Keiko???!! ;)
  • Options
    ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have her at 2/5 FE. Good think I held off citing her I guess.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mark D wrote: »
    I don't have her at all, but have seen a lot of glowing comments about her. Is she worth having multiplies of at say 1/5 or 2/5 ?

She goes on pretty much every set of shuttles I send (out of events) and some voyages at 1/5. I can't wait to immortalize her. Given the chance, I would start a second.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m in favor of campaign crew being new crew. Prolly sell way more DYC’s that way too. Crew already available is getting stale
  • Options
    Mark D wrote: »

FWIW, at 1/5 Sato is my #2 DIP base. At 3/5 she would be within 13 points of my #1 (FF/FE Interfaced La Forge). I could see her having value for some rosters as, say, a 3/5 and 1/5 instead of a 4/5, though I think you'd still be better off taking a single copy to 4/5 or 5/5, so you can max out her shuttle potential.
  • Options
    I have Sato at 2/5 and have thought hard about citing her up, but never did. Pretty happy about that decision now :)
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I’m in favor of campaign crew being new crew. Prolly sell way more DYC’s that way too. Crew already available is getting stale

Not really a fan of this idea, but if it happened once or twice a year, I wouldn't be mad. :)

They've been on a one good, one bad rotation. And October is Halloween. I bet Sato is followed by the worst main cast crew with the Costumed trait.

I’m curious your reason as to why

• Options
    Looking forward to this one! I don’t have Scott and I have Sato 1/5 so will be able to use my citation elsewhere 😊
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    This will be my third copy but I’ll take it. I know others that already have 4 copies.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

Not really a fan of this idea, but if it happened once or twice a year, I wouldn't be mad. :)

They've been on a one good, one bad rotation. And October is Halloween. I bet Sato is followed by the worst main cast crew with the Costumed trait.

I’m curious your reason as to why

As it is, it's that one extra chance to finish a 1/5. I may get to use the citation elsewhere. If it were a new legendary, then I would probably use the citation to finish it. But like I said, if it happened occasionally, it wouldn't be bad. I suppose I'm also comfortable with the current release date of new legendaries.

Edit: also, I like that only half of the new legendaries are behind a pay wall. Adding new ones to campaign would tip that balance of it were frequent.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Already have her immortalized. Had her immortalized since her event. Not sure if I want another copy or not. Maybe so, my DIP is surprisingly weak.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Why do you think new crew would sell more DYC? The campaign provides the crew 4/5 and a 5* citation. There is no need to DYC for the campaign.

Also, I don't know how the campaign sales are compared to Tue pack sales, but putting a new crew right in a campaign sacrifices a lot of revenue from the Tue pack.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I get a Trek Yea! Easiest $10 you ever made from me, DB.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

Why do you think new crew would sell more DYC? The campaign provides the crew 4/5 and a 5* citation. There is no need to DYC for the campaign.

Also, I don't know how the campaign sales are compared to Tue pack sales, but putting a new crew right in a campaign sacrifices a lot of revenue from the Tue pack.

It's probably a minority of players, but I might do a DYC on Sato since I don't have her yet. Then I can use the campaign citation elsewhere. It's like paying $25 for a citation. Since no one would have a new legendary, more players might choose that option. Not a majority, but it might make a difference on the DB bottom line.
    Farewell 🖖