Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Who? Well, guess thats good then. No temptation to do any pulls here... :D
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

Not being a devoted TOS fan, I definitely remember the episode and he looks vaguely familiar, but ya... Especially with the discounted Mega packs due out today, I don't see myself pulling here unless he's the SEC proficiency beast I've been waiting for.

ETA: NOPE! He falls in at #45 Voyager, #6 CMD/SEC Shuttle, & #10 SEC Base.
  • Options
    Awww I wanted Redjack Scotty! Sec/Eng/Com

‘I don’t remember!’
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    400% damage might tempt some
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coffee Janeway might get some people's attention. Also shocked to see Thot Gor in a pack.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    People who spent citations are gonna love seeing Thot in a pack.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kirki wrote: »

At least this isn't a year ago when you could only get him once. But didn't Colonel Worf pop up in a pack once? Or was it just Elusive Treasures?
  • Options
    I am KirokI am Kirok ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

A great episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdPDvGkvbFs
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's another 6 sec 400%'er for arena...if you need another one that is...
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options

To be honest, those packs are very diluted, and it's quite possible that they might not get one, let alone 2-3 more copies.
  • Options

To be honest, those packs are very diluted, and it's quite possible that they might not get one, let alone 2-3 more copies.

I dont know, 54k honor vs. Packs could be enough to make noise about.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thot Gor is actually one of the few voyage characters I did immortalize through drops. The other is that horse dude.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    From "Wolf in the Fold"

Some combination of CMD, DIP and SEC.

xcwe753nos88.png

Springheeled Jack!!!!!
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »

I dont know, 54k honor vs. Packs could be enough to make noise about.

Anyone who spent honor before he was available to get multiple times already received compensation when the change was made. Anyone who spent honor after the change was made assumed the risk of getting multiple copies of him later.

If I got an Armus in Gauntlet and spent four citations to finish him off, only to get another copy of him tomorrow, that's on me - not DB.

And other characters like Worf have shown up in special packs before. The Voyage Exclusive crew have always had the possibility of being added to special packs. Just not the regular portal.
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    well he's an accuracy 400%er with no annoying position or cloak restriction so I would indeed like him but uhh nah.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m not bothered. In fact, I'm happy for anyone who can get him without having to get lucky with dilemmas.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    This seems like a somewhat more nonsensical choice for a card than usual.

If it's going to be Redjac, Hengist would make the most sense, followed by possessed Scotty. I suspect they couldn't get the rights to John Fiedler's likeness though. :shrug

Jaris was a big player in the episode, but his possession was brief and not much of a factor in the overall narrative. I wonder if we're going to get a Prefect Jaris at some point??

I am not going to rewatch the episode.
    But, I do not believe Scotty was ever possessed by Redjac.
    Did Redjac possess anybody or did they have to be dead?
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

If it's going to be Redjac, Hengist would make the most sense, followed by possessed Scotty. I suspect they couldn't get the rights to John Fiedler's likeness though. :shrug

Jaris was a big player in the episode, but his possession was brief and not much of a factor in the overall narrative. I wonder if we're going to get a Prefect Jaris at some point??

Yeah, I was all excited when I saw that new crew mentioned, then remembered that wasn't Fiedler's character. :/

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Data1001 wrote: »

Yeah, I was all excited when I saw that new crew mentioned, then remembered that wasn't Fiedler's character. :/

Shame really. I might have pulled some packs for Piglet.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    WaldoMag wrote: »

I am not going to rewatch the episode.
    But, I do not believe Scotty was ever possessed by Redjac.
    Did Redjac possess anybody or did they have to be dead?

Jaris was alive and well when Redjac possessed him. He was one of the last remaining people on the Enterprise who hadn't been given McCoy's "sedative".

At the end of the episode, Kirk remarks that Scotty seems happy (mostly because he's high as a kite), and he answers, "And why not? For awhile there, I didn't know whether I was innocent or guilty!" It's implied that Redjac had been using Hengist the entire time, dating to a rash of murders on his home planet, but given that he could take possession of anyone, it's certainly plausible that he used Scotty for any or all of the three murders. No one seems to really care once they establish Redjac as the culprit.

It's a weird damn episode, though. Consider the following:
    • The first two minutes of the episode are just a belly dancer performing. Two full minutes. Doesn't sound like much until you sit through it.
    • Scotty had been injured in an accident caused by a woman, prompting Scotty to become "resentful" of all women. Dr. McCoy's professional treatment was to take him to an entirely hedonistic planet, where Captain Kirk acts as his wing man to hook him up with a hookup.
    • Before the culprit is established as Jack the Ripper, McCoy's medical defense of Scotty is that his concussion has made him kill three times without remembering it.
    • Kirk and Spock just leave Hengist's corpse in a chair in the briefing room with everyone else.
    • Did I mention this originally aired three days before Christmas?

TOS is strange, and I adore its strangeness.

As for the inclusion of Thot Gor, I'm one of those players who chased him in Voyages back when they dropped only once and cited him to immortality. I'm all in favor of him being in a pack. Just because I took that path is no reason to deny other players the chance to luck into him in a pull. I hope the other Voyage exclusives get circulated this way, too. (In the case of Colonel Worf, re-circulated; I can't account for why I didn't bite on those packs, but either I didn't or I came up empty handed.) Good luck to anyone who's hoping to snag Thot Gor in this pack!

Thanks Travis.

As I was writing it, I thought it might have been possible to interpret things as if Scotty was possessed by Rejac. In my memory of it, I did think they were implying that Redjac was in Hengist.

I now probably will have to rewatch it. This time thinking that Scotty was possessed by Redjac, just to see if there is something to refute it.

This certainly is a weird episode, good but most certainly a strange one.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »

Shame really. I might have pulled some packs for Piglet.

Nice. I was going to make a "Mr. Peterson" reference, but I fear even fewer people would have gotten it than probably got your reference. ;)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Just watched the episode again. Right with the first murder Scotty says he heard her scream and went to turn and remembers nothing. Also remember Scotty did not have the knife first. Has to be someone else most likely Hengist.

2nd murder knife is gone. Murder happens weapon is not found. Again Scotty eliminated because of knife. Scotty again blacked out. But there is another way into room where murder happens.

3rd murder Scotty never blacked out and says he did not do it.

In determining that it is some entity that feeds on fear it is thought that the creature could put people into a hypnotic trance. This is meant as people around the murder not knowing what happened such as Scotty.

Hengist does not want the psychological evaluation, which would show what Scotty actually did, to be done. The 2nd murder is to keep it from happening.
    When on the ship and they want to do the same test he protests.

I would say the implication is that it is most likely Hengist Redjac committed all three murders and Scotty was not taken over by Redjac.

Edit: remember Scotty never had knife first. Redjac Hengist would have to bring knife so Scotty can have it then possess Scotty.

Edit2: I just read memory alpha's info on episode. I would not suggest reading it, you are better off watching the episode. In the 2nd murder, they say that Scott was found with the knife in hand. He was not. The knife was no where to be found. Though it would be found with the third murder in the victims back.

Also when you watch the episode. You realize the talk of Scott's resentment of women was another of those joking moments this time between Kirk and McCoy. The conclusion you have to make is Scott does not have resentment towards women. But, reading it in Memory Alpha makes it seem like Scott does have a resentment towards women.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Also when you watch the episode. You realize the talk of Scott's resentment of women was another of those joking moments this time between Kirk and McCoy. The conclusion you have to make is Scott does not have resentment towards women. But, reading it in Memory Alpha makes it seem like Scott does have a resentment towards women.

I can't see reading it as a "joking moment". They talk about it twice. The first time is in the teaser, when they have the following exchange after Scotty goes off with the dancer Kara (who becomes the first murder victim).
    KIRK: We won't leave without you, Scotty. Relax and enjoy yourself. (Scott and Kara leave) My work is never done.
    MCCOY: *My* work, Jim. This is prescription stuff. Don't forget, the explosion that threw Scotty against a bulkhead was caused by a woman.
    KIRK: Physically he's all right. Am I right in assuming that?
    MCCOY: Oh, yes, yes. As a matter of fact, considerable psychological damage could have been caused. For example, his total resentment toward women.
    KIRK: He seems he's overcoming his resentment.
    MCCOY: Of course, in my professional opinion, when he gets back to the ship, he's going to hate you for making him leave Argelius. But then he will have lost total resentment toward women.

They're lighthearted about it, but it's clear that they're dead serious about the resentment being the sincere reason McCoy has insisted on taking Scotty to this "hedonistic" planet. That's the whole setup for why Scotty is (supposed to be) believable as potentially being the killer. Kirk and McCoy come back to it later, when sending Scotty off with Lieutenant Tracy for his eval:
    MCCOY: Captain, under normal conditions, Scotty would have never done such a thing.
    KIRK: But that blow on the head. It could put all his previous behavior patterns into the junk heap.

It's insultingly stupid, but the plot is actually predicated on Scotty actually having misogyny as a symptom of a bump on his noggin that McCoy actually treated by taking him to a place where he could get over it by hooking up with some babes. Oh, TOS. You can be so backwards in your forward-looking storytelling.

I guess your right about the script being serious about it.
    But to me is utter nonsense and I cannot take it seriously..

Utter nonsense, a person who has resentment towards women and then the accident happens that was caused by a women, would have it feed their resentment. But, a person that doesn't, would have to have more happen then just an accident. And still, it would more than likely be directed at a specific person rather than a group of people.

Edit: doesn't Bones claim not to be a psychologist? Not in this episode but others.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

I can't see reading it as a "joking moment". They talk about it twice. The first time is in the teaser, when they have the following exchange after Scotty goes off with the dancer Kara (who becomes the first murder victim).
    KIRK: We won't leave without you, Scotty. Relax and enjoy yourself. (Scott and Kara leave) My work is never done.
    MCCOY: *My* work, Jim. This is prescription stuff. Don't forget, the explosion that threw Scotty against a bulkhead was caused by a woman.
    MCCOY: Oh, yes, yes. As a matter of fact, considerable psychological damage could have been caused. For example, his total resentment toward women.
    MCCOY: Of course, in my professional opinion, when he gets back to the ship, he's going to hate you for making him leave Argelius. But then he will have lost total resentment toward women.

They're lighthearted about it, but it's clear that they're dead serious about the resentment being the sincere reason McCoy has insisted on taking Scotty to this "hedonistic" planet. That's the whole setup for why Scotty is (supposed to be) believable as potentially being the killer. Kirk and McCoy come back to it later, when sending Scotty off with Lieutenant Tracy for his eval:
    MCCOY: Captain, under normal conditions, Scotty would have never done such a thing.
    KIRK: But that blow on the head. It could put all his previous behavior patterns into the junk heap.

It's insultingly stupid, but the plot is actually predicated on Scotty actually having misogyny as a symptom of a bump on his noggin that McCoy actually treated by taking him to a place where he could get over it by hooking up with some babes. Oh, TOS. You can be so backwards in your forward-looking storytelling.

Utter nonsense, a person who has resentment towards women and then the accident happens that was caused by a women, would have it feed their resentment. But, a person that doesn't, would have to have more happen then just an accident. And still, it would more than likely be directed at a specific person rather than a group of people.

Edit: doesn't Bones claim not to be a psychologist? Not in this episode but others.

Oh, I quite agree about not being able as a viewer to take it seriously. As for McCoy, he did say, "I'm a doctor, not a psychiatrist" in "The City on the Edge of Forever", but TOS internal consistency is not something to hold to an especially high standard.

Though now I kinda want DB to make all the variants of McCoy as the things he claimed not to be, among them a moon shuttle conductor, bricklayer, magician, or a coal miner.

Love it 👍😉🙂

I did probably show by my statement my close mindedness to Scotty being written to actually have a resentment towards women. But, I figured I just should make it clear that I totally closed my mind to the two later comments you pointed out.

I do kind of wonder if the director was taking it seriously. Scotty when the girl, who was murdered first, was dancing has this big grin on his face every time the camera shows him. This too added to making me ignore the thought that he harbors a resentment towards women.
  • Options

Oh, I quite agree about not being able as a viewer to take it seriously. As for McCoy, he did say, "I'm a doctor, not a psychiatrist" in "The City on the Edge of Forever", but TOS internal consistency is not something to hold to an especially high standard.

Though now I kinda want DB to make all the variants of McCoy as the things he claimed not to be, among them a moon shuttle conductor, bricklayer, magician, or a coal miner.

Love it 👍😉🙂

I did probably show by my statement my close mindedness to Scotty being written to actually have a resentment towards women. But, I figured I just should make it clear that I totally closed my mind to the two later comments you pointed out.

I do kind of wonder if the director was taking it seriously. Scotty when the girl, who was murdered first, was dancing has this big grin on his face every time the camera shows him. This too added to making me ignore the thought that he harbors a resentment towards women.

I would imagine the reason for Scotty's dopey grin was to corroborate McCoy's belief that a visit to the champagne room would be good for him. The payoff for that is when we're meant to question along with Kirk and McCoy later whether it actually was. The fact that anyone thought we would question halfway into the second season if Scotty was a serial killer is surpassed in stupidity only by the story point of a bump on the noggin would cause psychotic misogyny.

I gotta say, I've been gorging on films in the Criterion Collection and have just spent time reflecting on Certified Copy, and this thread might be the oddest rabbit hole I've fallen down this week. It's also been a stressful week, so I've enjoyed this autopsy, @WaldoMag!