Home Ready Room
Options

5* citation project

RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
Hi all,

I'm well on my way to being able to buy a 5* citation for my next citation project and wasn't quite sure on who to go with ... I have 2 options (yes I have better crew to cite, but I want to put some focus on collections this time around) ... they are:

North Star Tucker 2/5
Pros
- I need another 5* for the Jury Rigger collection ... I won't complete the collection yet, but will be close, as I have the remaining 4*s needed as a 1/4 or 3/4 and they are in portal, so only a matter of time.
- He has a unique skillset amongst my 5*s and is the only one with DIP, ENG and SEC in any order.
- He'd be my top DIP base once immortalised (tied with Cornwell actually).
- Would get me Tier 4 of the Western collection (meh).

Cons
- Really poor stats, both base and overal for voyages ... I mean, if I got the Back-to-School campaign 5* track he'd be knocked off top DIP spot by a 1/5 ...

Assimilated La Forge 2/5
Pros
- Will complete the Borg Collection (I also have 2 Sevens at 1/5 and a 3/4).
- Stats are decent, would be my #4 base ENG.
- Would get me Tier 5 for the Timelines Originals collection (not bad - includes a 10x premium pull).

Cons
- Even though stats are decent ... he'll be amongst a strong group of already immortalised crew (Temporal Prisoner Chakotay, RAF O'Brien, Determined Janeway, Etana Jol, Ru'afo) or the likes of The Caretaker (4/5), Degra (4/5) and Mirror Data (3/5) ... so I'd be doubling up a bit ...
- Not essential for the Borg collection ... I just need that 4th star for Riley Frazier ... but it has been soooooo elusive.

So, do you have an immortal North Star Tucker and do you ever use him for anything (other than the odd Gauntlet)? How is Borg La Forge holding up as an old card amongst the onslaught of new ENG crew? Or should I just write both off as event and minimal-use crew and not over analyse it?

Cheers.

Comments

• Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t have much to say about NS Tucker - he is a new addition to my crew that I haven’t yet bothered to level.

My 2/5* La Borge used to go on the occasional voyage back when RAF O’Brien was my only real engineering ace, though getting Ru’afo and DF Paris (among other engineers) ended that run. He is on my citation list, as there aren’t really any other internal options for boosting COM/ENG voyages; however, I admit he is pretty far down the list given all the other pressing needs.

Advantage for me goes to Geordi, but not by much.
  • Options
    I've used Assimilated La Forge in the Gauntlet since "brutal" and/or "Borg" seem to come up frequently so he's usually a 25/45% bonus and his secondary stats don't overlap the Caretaker.
    Capt. Ande Tennille
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    LaBorg has been in my crew for a long time; he was one of my first citation projects. At the time, he was amazing. These days he's less critical thanks to the arrivals of Ru'afo, Etana Jol, and Determined Janeway, all of whom I've also immortalized. That said, he still gets use for me on ENG/CMD voyages, and even my current ENG/SCI voyage. His Brutal, Innovator, and Borg traits come in handy more than you'd think. He also gets use on shuttles -- averaging roughly once a day -- when he's not on a voyage.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I only have the one side of the coin LaBorg - I do however like the western cards from an aesthetic/western interest point of view.

I think the critical thing to consider is just how badly you want to reach that jury rigger collection. This seems to be your main peak of interest here, sure he provides extra DIP but you probably have better citation options there, and as stats are low DIP ENG would be covered by the likes of Jol, Int. La Forge, BO No1, and a few others. So the other Pros are quite a bit meh - that's quite a sinking feeling when adding a hard earned citation into a yay but mostly meh card.

La Borg on the other hand does still have decent base and his voyage numbers aren't that terrible still in the top 100 (if i have that right, I haven't updated the spreadsheet I keep for a while)

But what I can deduce is that he has higher voyage stats than Ru'Afo in fact I think his numbers are better than O'Brien as well. There have been a number of times I have had to pull out Ru'Afo for faction event duty and yes I get ENG COM voyages at the same time, which can be annoying, so having a backup like La Borge would kind of make sense to me.

So in sum La Borg is both possibly useful for daily use and you get instant collection gratification.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Thanks for the comments. Some replies back:

- Cheers Dirk ... comments always welcome. Regarding crew quality ... yeah I have quite a few choices who are better to cite then the two I mentioned ... Pollard, Loken, Da Vinci, TO Neelix, Owosekun, Mirror Stamets, Bell Riots Jadzia, Braxton etc. ... but I wanted to focus on crew for collections ... Tuxedo Nog was another option, as he would get me Lucille Davenport.

- Yes ... I use both NS Tucker and Borg La Forge in the gauntlet at times ... but they don't need to be immortalised to be good there ...

- For traits ... yeah, they actually both have a good selection and both will be of use there.

- I'm a collector, so I think collections are a cool part of the game, would love to finish Jury Rigger, but do need a couple more stars on 4*s for that ... but I'm really close and the other 5* option at the moment is EV Suit Archer (1/5)(yawn - cowboys are so much cooler).
    La Borg is a good voyager and I'm on the cusp of reaching 10 hrs with CMD/ENG or SEC/ENG ... I can't compare his number to RAF O'Brien ... the third skill is key there ... Also, O'Brien has 2 base stats of over 1200 for me (CMD and ENG) so I'm basically using him all the time, he's super versatile ... heh, there's a reason he was my first citation project. :) Anyway, I'm sure he'd be great immortalised and would see regular use ...
    For DIP/ENG/x crew I have ... Bell Riots Jadzia(1/5), NS Tucker, Grand Nagus Rom(1/5) ... Jadzia is obviously the better choice to cite ... but I'm not really bothered about specific crew strength anymore (at this time). For voyage usefulness I would lean towards citing Pollard or Da Vinci.

Anyway, still have a little while before I can get a next 5* citation ... so will mull things over a bit more.
  • Options
    Since your consideration is for collections, I'd go with Tucker. La Forge is, as you say, not essential for your Borg collection, whereas you still have a ways to go on Spit and Bailing Wire. Given how difficult that one is, every time you can add a star to any of the 5*'s needed for it, that seems like a citation well used to me.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    In the end I went with North Star Tucker ... now immortal (thanks to Skirmishes!!).

While I was mulling it all over ...
    - The last star for Riley Frazier dropped to complete the Borg collection;
    - My 5th copy of The Caretaker dropped to immortalise him.

So, that just pushed me to Tucker.

Not sure where to go next ... the smart move would be SCI crew like Mirror Stamets/Owosekun or MED crew like Pollard/Pulaski (TO Neelix), but I'll wait to see what the mega-event 5* brings us.
    Too many choices, which is why I go for collections in the end. :)

EDIT: If I go collections ... the only real options at the moment are: Assimilated La Forge (Originals), Aviator Yar (Originals) and Tux. Nog (Holodeck).
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    In the end I went with North Star Tucker ... now immortal (thanks to Skirmishes!!).

Not sure where to go next ... the smart move would be SCI crew like Mirror Stamets/Owosekun or MED crew like Pollard/Pulaski (TO Neelix), but I'll wait to see what the mega-event 5* brings us.

EDIT: If I go collections ... the only real options at the moment are: Assimilated La Forge (Originals), Aviator Yar (Originals) and Tux. Nog (Holodeck).

Given that Timekeeper Tenavik has a robust SCI secondary skill, it seems to me that it’s Pollard Time. :)
  • Options
    RaraRacing wrote: »

Given that Timekeeper Tenavik has a robust SCI secondary skill, it seems to me that it’s Pollard Time. :)

yup ... every way I look at it I end up seeing her at the top of each list ...
  • Options
    Depending on your situation it may be worth waiting to see what the discounted packs offer in the next couple of weeks, I have Pollard 3/5 and hoping that she makes an appearance.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I immortalized Pollard. She's fantastic. And with Tennavik and Pollard both in your crew, a CMD+SCI voyage will look really strong.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends