Home The Bridge

Thank you for the 5 free crew slots DB!!!

2»

Comments

• Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Why do you freeze them then?

Good question. :)

Because they don't make my Voyages or shuttles and I have OCD for seeing only Gold in my crew quarters?
    Sounds to me like you played a short game instead of a long game - rather than judiciously airlock crew you chose to take a shortcut. At least now you have tons of room to unlock bonus crew for Faction and Hybrid events.

I have played since the beginning so I'd hardly accuse myself of "playing a short game". I don't know how long you've been playing, so apologies if I'm explaining how to $uck eggs - in the beginning there was no Cryo (no speed training or quick build either, another story) In order to progress through the missions one had to airlock lower level FE/FF crew in order to make way for crew with better stats OR buy slots. If I am guilty of anything it is the Pokémon style of play, I chose to buy slots because of this, not to take a "shortcut". A new player does not have to make the same decision I and others had to, hence my first post about feeling that crew management was a big part of the game. :)

*Edited to correct some quote bracket errors.

I’m a Day 2 player and airlocked a lot of crew before the cryo vault was introduced. Even after that, I kept everyone I could but had to dismiss crew to make room for others. It 5ucks to do that, no disagreement there. Working on Rianna Mayweather was set back by about a year after I had to airlock her (at 2/4*, no less), I never did get another CD Quark after that freebie on the 1-year anniversary of the game, and I probably spaced a dozen Ambassador Foxes before finally being able to keep him...those are just the ones I remember). When you don’t buy slots, or only buy three tiers as I have, it’s what you have to do.

fiw522e3pij4.png

When I say “playing the short game” I didn’t mean you haven’t been around a while, I just meant that you prioritized keeping everyone over making the hard choices to let someone go and hope you get them back later. I’ve been fortunate to get back most everyone I sent packing, but those 65% Quark gauntlets are rough for me.

Anyway, new players do start with more slots but there are so many more crew that I suspect the problem is at least as bad as it was in the early days. Plus, having a Faction and a Skirmish every month means the number of unfused 4*s taking up space goes up by two every month without spending on event packs....that certainly wasn’t the case early on.

What was even worse was we used to get trainers for airlocking crew. If we airlocked them we obviously didn’t need the trainers

I think the game might be dead now if they hadn’t added honor when they did. What a difference that made!
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Because they don't make my Voyages or shuttles and I have OCD for seeing only Gold in my crew quarters?
    Sounds to me like you played a short game instead of a long game - rather than judiciously airlock crew you chose to take a shortcut. At least now you have tons of room to unlock bonus crew for Faction and Hybrid events.

I have played since the beginning so I'd hardly accuse myself of "playing a short game". I don't know how long you've been playing, so apologies if I'm explaining how to $uck eggs - in the beginning there was no Cryo (no speed training or quick build either, another story) In order to progress through the missions one had to airlock lower level FE/FF crew in order to make way for crew with better stats OR buy slots. If I am guilty of anything it is the Pokémon style of play, I chose to buy slots because of this, not to take a "shortcut". A new player does not have to make the same decision I and others had to, hence my first post about feeling that crew management was a big part of the game. :)

I’m a Day 2 player and airlocked a lot of crew before the cryo vault was introduced. Even after that, I kept everyone I could but had to dismiss crew to make room for others. It 5ucks to do that, no disagreement there. Working on Rianna Mayweather was set back by about a year after I had to airlock her (at 2/4*, no less), I never did get another CD Quark after that freebie on the 1-year anniversary of the game, and I probably spaced a dozen Ambassador Foxes before finally being able to keep him...those are just the ones I remember). When you don’t buy slots, or only buy three tiers as I have, it’s what you have to do.

fiw522e3pij4.png

When I say “playing the short game” I didn’t mean you haven’t been around a while, I just meant that you prioritized keeping everyone over making the hard choices to let someone go and hope you get them back later. I’ve been fortunate to get back most everyone I sent packing, but those 65% Quark gauntlets are rough for me.

Anyway, new players do start with more slots but there are so many more crew that I suspect the problem is at least as bad as it was in the early days. Plus, having a Faction and a Skirmish every month means the number of unfused 4*s taking up space goes up by two every month without spending on event packs....that certainly wasn’t the case early on.

What was even worse was we used to get trainers for airlocking crew. If we airlocked them we obviously didn’t need the trainers

I think the game might be dead now if they hadn’t added honor when they did. What a difference that made!

Oh yeah. When people talk of the game not adding much over the years the addition of honor is HUGELY overlooked. Made a huge impact on the game

• (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    As did Voyages for chrons. We used to have to save and skimp every chron and do little in the game.
    Let’s fly!
    As did Voyages for chrons. We used to have to save and skimp every chron and do little in the game.

I remember that too. I finished third in a galaxy with 16,000 chrons once. Without pre-farming, Would that even get you top 1500 now?

• (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember that too. I finished third in a galaxy with 16,000 chrons once. Without pre-farming, Would that even get you top 1500 now?

16,000 chrons on a galaxy would get you top 200 and possibly top 75 but definitely not top 25.
    Let’s fly!
    Adding a Saturday cadet challenge with credits was much welcomed as well
  • Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Adding a Saturday cadet challenge with credits was much welcomed as well

Indeed. I was running out of credits more than anything else.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Sometimes I miss the red/blue/green indicator on the card’s equipment boxes, but I got used to the play/wrench/plus soon enough. Some players howled, though, because, well ...

Anyway, thanks for the crew slots, DB! 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭

fiw522e3pij4.png

Oh yeah. When people talk of the game not adding much over the years the addition of honor is HUGELY overlooked. Made a huge impact on the game

Just agreeing with you both that the addition of honor made a huge difference to the game. If that hadn't happened, I would have stopped playing a long time ago.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends