Home The Bridge
Options

Dabo Changes?

They seem to have changed the formatting. The ships are in odd places and with odd values. And there are 3* crew and transmissions. I actually got the Orion ship, which is great, but only 150 schematics?
sfyl1muznh8k.jpg

Comments

• Options
    IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Mine had a 4* ship where your 5* ISS Defiant is.

Glad they added some new schems though (the Orion ship), and maybe I can get lucky with 2 more copies of 3* Commanding Officer Sisko!
  • Options
    On top of that, the 4* crew no longer seem to be tied to crew you need. Both of my options are crew I immortalized ages ago. On balance, I think I like it, as it equates to less useless items and more honor.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Free Account just got the final star for Command Wrap Kirk......
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    The odds are just terrible in Dabo.
    Someone is spending though, otherwise DB would change it up.
    I'd rather see ZERO items in dabo and ALL crew (2 star crew on bottom row)
  • Options
    This seems like a really bad change.
    Single transmissions and 3* Crew are not really needed (and with the 3* crew, there are plenty of other sources for obtaining).
    Member of Rise of the Phoenix.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spun the Dabo wheel and got a popup with Leeta, along with a written quote saying "You never know who you'll meet at the Dabo table", before winning a 3* crew... 100 honor.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    I spun the Dabo wheel and got a popup with Leeta, along with a written quote saying "You never know who you'll meet at the Dabo table", before winning a 3* crew... 100 honor.

I got that, too, on my second spin. Got excited for a moment.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »

I got that, too, on my second spin. Got excited for a moment.

I was about to get very mad when that popped up, as my featured 5* was Professor Sato, who I already have at 1/5. Had I finally 'won' Dabo to get a crew I will have immortalized by the end of the month, I would have been cheesed off! lol
  • Options
    DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    Personally not loving the change, but to each their own.

I kind of liked the option of getting higher up equip, cause I keep slots open specifically for that, and the honor you get from 3* crew is insignificant at best.
  • Options
    MirrorVerse JcMirrorVerse Jc ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Im reserving opinion for a bit. I usually spin 1 time only. On a rare occasion of being an over 3 year player i have spun continually just to see what happens. I never have hit top row until all 1st and 2nd row was claimed. Thats why 1 spin only rule. Usually schems for rep fuel.
    Today for the first time ever on my 1st spin i got lefler 3*. Dont need her but 1st time ever to get crew from dabo on 1st spin. In the end, honor may be more useful than rep fuel.
    At the very least this first dabo set does not have crew specific nonsense that clogs inventory cap. That is what we asked for. Common items everyone can use or recycle to honor or rep fuel.

Edit: day 2 new dabo. I can see the ship schems avail are not worthy, and transmissions should not be in dabo. Even a 1500 credit spin not worth trans. Other than that, im fine with honor as i pulled another 3* on 1 spin again.
  • Options
    Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    It would be nice that where the three 3 star crew are, we could get a behold and choose between a 3 star crew or a 3 or 4 star item.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish they wouldn't do the Leeta tease unless it was a 4* or 5*
  • Options
    I wish they wouldn't do the Leeta tease unless it was a 4* or 5*

Definitely this. Got me excited, then [whaa-whaa-whaaaa]. 3* lol

Otherwise, I don't mind the change since I got 2x3* crew and no useless schems as per usual.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Zann Calcore (ISA)Zann Calcore (ISA) ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    It reminds me of what Dabo use to look like a long time ago. They had a similar setup once and then changed it for the newer one we’re all familiar with. I have to say, this “update” sux. If I wanted useless blues and unconnected purples I don’t need, I’d do a standard 10 pull. Dabo is SUPPOSE to be random cool stuff you need and want, not filler junk.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Options
    pbertpbert ✭✭✭
    Dusting off some of the cobwebs of the old forum, it looks like this is in fact the setup that the Dabo Wheel was initially released with (see the image attached to the linked post):

https://forums.disruptorbeam.com/stt/viewthread/51614/P30/#233740
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed this change today, too. Like the OP, I showed 750 schems for the Borg Sphere 878 in the upper right and 150 schems in the middle right for the Orion fighter.

I like that more schems are available through dabo -- limiting it to that handful of ships hasn't made as much sense since they radically expanded the number of legendary ships in the game.

But I liked the previous design that tilted formulaically toward items and super rare crew that you actually need.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Selene 7Selene 7 ✭✭✭✭
    Bring back 4* characters you actually need! At least then you had some hope for something useful. (I did get somewhere between 7-10 useful ones over the last couple of years with my 2 spins a day.)
  • Options
    Just tried to chase Wrathful Kirk. Not making that mistake again
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a Transmission today. {Terran Empire}
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know a day after the change it would be nice if @DB Andrea or someone would confirm if this change was intentional or a broken roll-out that reverted to an old version.
  • Options
    Wrote that in the other thread already, someone mentioned that dabo seems to be a old version. However, any new player who hasn't maxed 5* ships yet will have a hard time. Schematics dilemmas help a bit but dabo was the main source for 5* schematics I'd say. Not sure this is intended?

Yea, new, low spending players are ****ed for a looooong time. The portal has more and more different ships' schematics; it could take close to year before they're able to run Skirmishes on the highest difficulty. As much as I prefer the honor for established accounts, this will **** over new players big time.

yes,the first two 5*ships i finished are from dabo (kubus and prakesh) and i was so happy to finally able to play the highest difficulty.
    same with the trainers for the thuesday cadet missions- i dont need them both anymore,but the first like 6month i was very happy they are there. i helps so much to make progress in the beginning.

its not that easy to find a good balance to give new players some usefull stuff/thinks to make em play on and at the same time dont losse "old" players because they get bored of the same stuff for example dabo or the trainers from the thuesday cadet mission (used this example,cause i read it more than one time people ask for a change for this).
    this game needs both, new and old players!

now i dont need them anymore,but for the new players i would like to see some "starter-stuff" stay in the game.

same for the gauntlet chars->read like an hour ago (again) someone ask for (a) new gauntlet char(s)
    i thought "dude,i played one year,have armus 2/5* (5408 tries so far), dont bring a new gauntlet char,give me time to grab at least two of the existing ones";)
    but i think,if i´m the one who got already all of them ff fe, i would probably also ask for some kind of solution...like i said,not easy...

anyway,second day in a row dabo shows me the warship ema i have 4/5*
    STOP baiting me god damn;p]
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s one of those Quality of Life improvements they talked about
  • Options
    Hi folks,

I am working to determine whether the re-addition of Transmissions and Rare Crew was intentional.

I can confirm that no change has been made to the algorithm used to tune the spread toward Crew and Items that may be useful specific to you. Keep in mind that the Dabo Wheel never guarantees you won't see things you don't need, it just makes it less likely.
    Manager of Player Experience
  • Options
    I got a rock....
    Starfleet Commission: August 12, 2017
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like my Dabo is now back to what it was last week.