Maybe 5* Guinan will be in the pack!?
    Prob not but MAYBE!

Probably Gloria
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    Prob not but MAYBE!

Not this time, sadly. Celebrating Generations instead.

c9c81eix7dcg.png
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. Good job.
    Is she in a collection?
  • Options
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    Here are stats
    ycwmmr8ms47g.jpeg

Must you win ALL the FTMs? :D
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Here are stats
    ycwmmr8ms47g.jpeg

Brutal?
  • Options
    Here are stats
    ycwmmr8ms47g.jpeg

You're a maniac dude... 😂😂
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    Yateball wrote: »
    Prob not but MAYBE!

Not this time, sadly. Celebrating Generations instead.

c9c81eix7dcg.png

Damn, all golds immortal... oh well
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here are stats
    ycwmmr8ms47g.jpeg

Omg what are the odds that you would have the stats of Nexus Guinan at the same time another person with the same name was first to immortalize Nexus Guinan!?!
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Cam TaliisCam Taliis ✭✭✭✭
    Does she merge with Nexus Kirk to form 6* Horse-riding Kirk and Picard?
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Took a shot, got a Guinan. I'll quit while I'm ahead.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    3* for Soran..
    Starfleet Commission: August 12, 2017
  • Options
     Bri Bri ✭✭✭✭
    Is there even any point to 4* crew anymore?
  • Options
    Here are stats
    ycwmmr8ms47g.jpeg

Brutal?

She stabbed Q with a fork...that's brutal dude

That should be its own card, Stabby Guinan.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    [S14]Bri wrote: »

lmwmjt8ku9rc.jpeg
    Not sure if joking or not.

Assuming not: 4* crew provide depth during Faction events (pure or hybridized) and can offer players with limited crew decent options for Galaxy events as well. (If we ever see another Expedition, they are also critically helpful there as well.) Some remain solid gauntlet or arena options even after they are no longer necessary for daily use on shuttles and voyages for veterans and whales. For newer players, they are also still better than 1-3* crew and easier to get than 5* crew, and so will form the bulk of crew used by most players.

It can be hard to shift your perspective to that of players in other situations. I recall a time when I felt compelled to shop at every faction store every day to keep up with certain hard-to-find components...I haven’t done so in about a year. I remember when I needed 4* crew to fill out shuttles and holes on voyages left by my legendary crew (I haven’t sent a 4* on any voyage in at least six months, not even during a Faction event). I remember being bummed when a new 4* had weak stats and ended up going directly into the freezer (all 4* crew except gauntleteers and arena crew are now automatic freezer bait). The ability to pretend to be in someone else’s shoes, even just for a minute, is critically important not just in the game but in life...

Yah, I mean when I'm competing for rank in Faction events I use a metric ton of 4* crew so..... yah
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

lmwmjt8ku9rc.jpeg

Assuming not: 4* crew provide depth during Faction events (pure or hybridized) and can offer players with limited crew decent options for Galaxy events as well. (If we ever see another Expedition, they are also critically helpful there as well.) Some remain solid gauntlet or arena options even after they are no longer necessary for daily use on shuttles and voyages for veterans and whales. For newer players, they are also still better than 1-3* crew and easier to get than 5* crew, and so will form the bulk of crew used by most players.

It can be hard to shift your perspective to that of players in other situations. I recall a time when I felt compelled to shop at every faction store every day to keep up with certain hard-to-find components...I haven’t done so in about a year. I remember when I needed 4* crew to fill out shuttles and holes on voyages left by my legendary crew (I haven’t sent a 4* on any voyage in at least six months, not even during a Faction event). I remember being bummed when a new 4* had weak stats and ended up going directly into the freezer (all 4* crew except gauntleteers and arena crew are now automatic freezer bait). The ability to pretend to be in someone else’s shoes, even just for a minute, is critically important not just in the game but in life...

Bri is just speaking to the long term game which involves getting as many legendaries to FE/FF as possible and any super rares you do not turn into honor is slowing your honor accrual and getting more stars for your legendaries. Also, Tuesday packs are extremely difficult to get the new crew member and for that new crew member to be a super rare and not a legendary it makes Tuesday packs even less appealing.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the other hand, the odds of getting a new 4* in a Tuesday pack are a lot higher than the odds of getting a 5*. You could get a 4* FF in the odds it takes to get one 5*.

Guinan may not be the 4* worth going for, but since at the end of the day this is a glorified CCG, I would consider going for a new 4* in a Tuesday pack if the rest of the pack wasn't likely to be honor.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

lmwmjt8ku9rc.jpeg

Bri is just speaking to the long term game which involves getting as many legendaries to FE/FF as possible and any super rares you do not turn into honor is slowing your honor accrual and getting more stars for your legendaries. Also, Tuesday packs are extremely difficult to get the new crew member and for that new crew member to be a super rare and not a legendary it makes Tuesday packs even less appealing.

1) I don’t recall seeing such a qualification in Bri’s post. Even so, having 4* bonus crew and existing event crew for events of all kinds is a major component to getting new 5* crew without playing Tuesday Pack Roulette.

2) Tuesday packs with new 4* crew are pretty meh, no lie there. The number of packs required to FF is rarely only 4 and if you don’t FF they take up a crew slot for 8-14 months, barring any ET pack surprises.
  • Options
    Another 4* only available in a Tuesday pack. Getting closer to say goodbye to this.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    For sure superrare crew are important to all events.
    For skirmish you just need one event specific crew, this crew will most likely be a superrare immortalized. Only one needed.
    For Galaxy and Galaxy phase 2. One preferably immortalized copy of all event specific crew is necessary, no copies of crew needed.
    For faction, event specific and bonus crew are an advantage. Copies of event specific will help the most but copies of any bonus crew will help too.

The need for superrares anywhere else in the game, is because you do not have a legendary that can top them.

It is my opinion, that even when a immortalized superrare is better than your legendary of the skill set and trait, their little bit of improvement that they provide does not make up for the crew slot they take. But, you still have to have a legendary that can provide you with close enough stats.

Also, arena will require you to have at least four superrare if you want to compete in that middle division.
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

2) Tuesday packs with new 4* crew are pretty meh, no lie there. The number of packs required to FF is rarely only 4 and if you don’t FF they take up a crew slot for 8-14 months, barring any ET pack surprises.

Why do take up a crew slot for 8-14 months without ET pack surprises? A: we have the super rare citations from the Campaigns or B: we could them cite them up with honor as well and so C: especially with a mix of that both it would go a lot faster.

And even if you do none of those: At least personally crew slots are no issue for me. And so even without daily usability I like to have some cards not frozen because I enjoy the character or the artwork. In best case both. And when I scroll through my crew I like to see them there. So they don´t even need to be immortalized.

Concerning the pack of today: The quality and age of the legendaries and also the super rare ones (Guinan apart) is pretty lame. Would have been ok as a 50% off pack or something like that, but not the way it is.

• Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do take up a crew slot for 8-14 months without ET pack surprises? A: we have the super rare citations from the Campaigns or B: we could them cite them up with honor as well and so C: especially with a mix of that both it would go a lot faster.

And even if you do none of those: At least personally crew slots are no issue for me. And so even without daily usability I like to have some cards not frozen because I enjoy the character or the artwork. In best case both. And when I scroll through my crew I like to see them there. So they don´t even need to be immortalized.

Slots aren't really an issue for me either, but I wouldn't waste honour or citations on a 4* at this point even so, knowing she'll eventually be in the portal, and especially when I still have a few of the voyage exclusives to finish off.
    Concerning the pack of today: The quality and age of the legendaries and also the super rare ones (Guinan apart) is pretty lame. Would have been ok as a 50% off pack or something like that, but not the way it is.

Although none of the legendaries are wow, Crusher still has two ranked Gauntlet pairs and Data still has one. The fact that all three are main cast and thus guaranteed to get the occasional event doesn't hurt either. God knows it isn't their best Tuesday pack, but it ain't their worst either.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

I am sure I am not alone in prioritizing campaign citations on voyage-only crew and any Faction/Skirmish crew that can’t get finished with event packs. Slots aren’t an issue for me but that doesn’t mean they aren’t a problem for others.