Home The Bridge
Options

Disruptor Beam Strikes Again

2»

Comments

• Options
    I can agree with that if opening up chat would bring you first to fleet chat then you can decide weather or not you want to engage with any of the uc conversation taking place after or just exit without even bothering... I know i most of the time when coming into chat with a notification can hit the fleet chat tab quick enough that UC is not displayed when it finishes loading the first thing i see is fleet chat. (priorities) then if i got time to bs i may lurk or say a thing or two... but those same people who may be acting a fool in your pan of vision when facing a serious game question are the first people to spout out helpful information to make thier lives so much easier... but absolutely do agree with choosing your default room!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps chat rooms? This one for game talk, this one for drunks, this one for bashing politicians.....I know it’s a dumb idea. Just felt like saying it
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Perhaps chat rooms? This one for game talk, this one for drunks, this one for bashing politicians.....I know it’s a dumb idea. Just felt like saying it

Not at all! I’ve lost count of the number of online communities I’ve been in and almost all of them have a little more structure when it comes to RL discussion, silliness and shenanigans, advice, general discussion, and more. Say...we could have a separate subforum devoted to a place where vehemently anti-Discovery folk can duke it out with anyone else not too weary to tilt at windmills, to keep those sorts of discussions from derailing topics here in the Bridge. :)
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

Not at all! I’ve lost count of the number of online communities I’ve been in and almost all of them have a little more structure when it comes to RL discussion, silliness and shenanigans, advice, general discussion, and more. Say...we could have a separate subforum devoted to a place where vehemently anti-Discovery folk can duke it out with anyone else not too weary to tilt at windmills, to keep those sorts of discussions from derailing topics here in the Bridge. :)

Ha! I wasn’t serious. I knew that would re-spark things

• Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    People who have two brain cells to run together use UC? I skim over it every time I want to look at the fleet chat logs and have never once seen anything there that could be considered a contribution to the game or, indeed, humanity. Close it all down and direct people to Discord, where overly sensitive censoring and a truly awful typing interface aren’t a problem.

With comments like that, it’s like the UC horrors you mention have found the Forums. ;)

Apologies if I have offended anyone...I just feel that the never-ending spam parade that shows up in UC every time I take a peek at it is a negative feature rather than a positive one. Case in point:

Screenshots removed. ~Shan

4chan exists for that kind of “high-brow” discussion...

Maybe it wouldn’t be so glaring if opening chat brought us first to our fleet chat (at least, for those players in fleets) rather than UC?

No offense taken by me. :) I have seen times where players have helped other players in UC, or some fascinating discussions on Trek (or other topics) have taken place. I am not discounting that a myriad of conversations take place in UC each day that will ultimately not better humanity... but it’s a game, and people will discuss whatever comes to mind; some tasteful, some tasteless. In those tasteless instances, use the available options... mute, block, or leave (as I do). As a social aspect of the game, UC serves a purpose for better or worse...

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Universe Chat is a slice of society, the good, the bad, and the weird. Really depends on who is on and what the discussion is though it is hard to read anything from a small slice out of context. Most of that was just regular talk. UC also discusses event info, different aspects of the game, giving encouragement to those that are feeling depressed or having a difficult time, telling jokes and trek trivia. But for anyone that thinks UC is bad I welcome them to try the Transformers Earth Wars chat where people just curse at each other.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    I can remember a time in this games history when the players input was actually used to decide what the next crew would be by voting at the end of an event... then came the censor and ended all that... when the wicked witch gets finished you all will be wondering who is who with nothing but a game id# to judge eachother by... just a nice halloween thought for you...
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I vaguely recall, there was a time in-game when most of the major fleet names (and player names) were being modified with colors and non-standard characters just 'cause someone figured out how to do it. Soon after, DB banned (blocked?) the practice. The only fleet that has seemed to be somewhat immune from this ban is eXo, along with a few individual players that also employ a red X in their names.

Personally, I don't care either way. But if this ban/block has now been expanded to UC, it would be consistent with the ban in the primary game channels.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    If the "Red X" thing bothers people so much, they can always move to facebook platform, they are alive and well on there....

Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
This discussion has been closed.