Options

Discovery Season 3 Trailer

GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2019 in Strange New Worlds
https://youtu.be/46ec8WnBHes

No Utopia left unburnt to ashes!

Comments

• Options
    I don't know why they will not allow us to see these trailers and shorts in the UK. Surely the "international" market is just as important for Trek?
  • Options
    I don't know why they will not allow us to see these trailers and shorts in the UK. Surely the "international" market is just as important for Trek?

I'm sorry, I'll be on the lookout for a reposted version from a non-region-locked uploader.
  • Options
    John Luck PikkardJohn Luck Pikkard ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Can't watch it from Germany either. And I can only find the German version of the new Picard trailer on YouTube. Saw the English one on instagram though. It looks FANTASTIC!
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe try a VPN or US proxy server?

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options

I'm sorry, I'll be on the lookout for a reposted version from a non-region-locked uploader.

I did not intend my post to be aimed at you personally. No apologies necessary. I just find it odd that CBS locks them by region, surely a wider audience is better to hook people into their product!
  • Options

I did not intend my post to be aimed at you personally. No apologies necessary. I just find it odd that CBS locks them by region, surely a wider audience is better to hook people into their product!

Oh, no no I didn’t take any offense! I was apologizing for effectively teasing you with something you could not view.

I assume there will be a repost of the trailer from another uploader within hours, however I suddenly realize I will be unable to test whether it is viewable from overseas.
  • Options
    I'm from the UK. I just googled them and watched the trailers.

The shorts are kn Netflix under trailers and other I found out a couple of weeks ago.
  • Options
    Anyway I can't flipping wait for either show. They both look amazing.
  • Options
    Haere LinteseregHaere Lintesereg ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it helps, I'm from Spain and I can see the trailer in the Star Trek Twitter account:

And in the Star Trek Facebook page too: https://www.facebook.com/122908054392375/posts/3168382926511524/
  • Options
    Looks intriguing. ☺
  • Options
    Ace_Rimmer wrote: »
    I'm from the UK. I just googled them and watched the trailers.

The shorts are kn Netflix under trailers and other I found out a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks. I am aware of those. I was referring to the new ones. There is one out now with Number One and Spock trapped in a turbo lift. I'm hoping they escape by climbing a ladder singing "Frere Jacques" :blush:
  • Options
    Bluebeard1Bluebeard1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Spanish version working for me, thanks @Haere Lintesereg.

Thanks for the original post too @GhostStalker.

I also have no idea why they make them region specific these days, but I do know why they used to. In the past, some movies and TV shows would have different versions in different countries for censorship laws. Nowadays, however there's no purpose in that because the internet means that we all get it from the same source (Netflix, Amazon etc.)
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked it. It looked good but also looked a lot like Andromeda tv show.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    PompeyMagnusPompeyMagnus ✭✭✭✭

I also got some Andromeda vibes from that trailer. Even so, Andromeda with Discovery's larger budget might actually be alright.

Way too early to say, but I am curious as to whether or not they'll remain in this future beyond this season. If this is what Discovery will be going forward.

In any case, I'm intrigued and looking forward to the new season.
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭

I also got some Andromeda vibes from that trailer. Even so, Andromeda with Discovery's larger budget might actually be alright.

Way too early to say, but I am curious as to whether or not they'll remain in this future beyond this season. If this is what Discovery will be going forward.

And without Kevin Sorbo and his galactic-size ego as the showrunner.
  • Options
    Personally, I didn't get Andromeda vibes at all, and I am still a fan of that show.

Hey, it's all Roddenberry-verse, so all good, right?
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Ren~ wrote: »

And without Kevin Sorbo and his galactic-size ego as the showrunner.

Part of the problem with Andromeda was Kevin Sorbo had a bad back from Hercules and was significantly limited.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Discovery needs to just make Saru captain, rotating captains is getting annoying. I hope season 3 is great. They can do whatever they want now. I wonder what shenanigans Georgiou will get up to.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    kobakoba ✭✭✭
    I dont get whe they lock trailers outside US. Like if that was a problem to override... It cost 5 sec of my life...
    Leader of the Czechoslovak Fleet (Starbase level 134). We are recruiting!

My Cryostasis Vault
  • Options
    Discovery needs to just make Saru captain, rotating captains is getting annoying. I hope season 3 is great. They can do whatever they want now. I wonder what shenanigans Georgiou will get up to.

Well, if the Federation isn't out in the Beta quadrant by the 30th century, then they will have their own set of rules to make up and live by! Could get ugly with Georgiou around...

I am definitely looking forward to it!
  • Options

Well, if the Federation isn't out in the Beta quadrant by the 30th century, then they will have their own set of rules to make up and live by! Could get ugly with Georgiou around...

If only they had Archer with them they could put right what once went wrong and Quantum Leap it.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

If only they had Archer with them they could put right what once went wrong and Quantum Leap it.

This is interesting. Archer was there, although it was a timeline that turned out to not pan out. They had TOS characters in TNG, TNG characters in DS9 and Voyager (I think). Why not have the Discovery crew run into Crewman Daniels?

• Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    koba wrote: »
    I dont get whe they lock trailers outside US. Like if that was a problem to override... It cost 5 sec of my life...

Usually it's to keep whoever licensed a show for outside the US from getting cranky. They usually want to be able to do their own region targeted promo. Stupid in this day & age? Yeah, but it still happens.
  • Options
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

This is interesting. Archer was there, although it was a timeline that turned out to not pan out. They had TOS characters in TNG, TNG characters in DS9 and Voyager (I think). Why not have the Discovery crew run into Crewman Daniels?

Daniels could even go back and forth to the 30th century to check on Disco if he so desired, and then they could tie in a past ENT episode snippet with Archer that shows he has to do a certain something to allow Disco to exist at all. I guess he could end up in the future/past on Picard as well. :D
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/46ec8WnBHes

No Utopia left unburnt to ashes!

Craft!!!!!
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's no surprise that once again Burnham is the only hope
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, in the future, the Federation burned out and now only Burnham can save us from a gritty doom? Where are those Temporal Agents? ;)
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    So, in the future, the Federation burned out and now only Burnham can save us from a gritty doom? Where are those Temporal Agents? ;)

I guess they lost the temporal cold war.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Yateball wrote: »

Well, she is the main character so it is much like how lead character Kirk, Picard, Sisko, Janeway always had to and did save the day. But yes, I agree, it gets predictable. Disco writers need to spread out the love and include the other crew too. Make it more ensemble and less Michael and the Burnhams.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »

Well, she is the main character so it is much like how lead character Kirk, Picard, Sisko, Janeway always had to and did save the day. But yes, I agree, it gets predictable. Disco writers need to spread out the love and include the other crew too. Make it more ensemble and less Michael and the Burnhams.

The standout to me in the ridiculousness of Burnham always takes me back to last season when she had to come up with the idea of self destructing the ship which somehow COMPLETELY eluded Captain Pike's brain as an idea... it happens a lot with her character but this to me was the ultimate eyeroll.

I wouldn't mind if she did main character stuff, it's just gets painful how anytime she's not on screen all the other characters are like DAMN WE NEED MICHAEL

I'd enjoy Discovery a lot more if they did as you just said and spread the love out to the other characters more