Home The Bridge

DB, can we please do something about fully fused beholds?

RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
I k now that this has been mentioned numerous times, and it's "working as intended" and what not, but this is ridiculous. Supposedly if you get three of the same Rare crew in a pack, you can trade them in for a Rare crew of your choice. Why can't we do this for FF Beholds?

Comments

• +1000

This is beyond a joke. Beholds shouldn't reward nothing! DB already know our crew from their servers, & if they can tailor the Dabo to suit our requirements, Why not Beholds?

But i can't see this happening.... Because: Money.....
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no worse aspect in this game, in my opinion, than having the joy of receiving a behold swiftly turn to ashes in your mouth when you see that it is in fact, meaningless.
  • Great suggestion Rennjaxo. I wish they would offer a re-roll option like you said. Even if it is dilithium, honor, merit, whatever, it gives us the choice. I would much prefer that it not give you duplicates of FF beholds but your suggestion is a great alternative.
  • [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Edited
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has DB ever commented on this?
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    RennJaxo wrote: »
    Has DB ever commented on this?

Yes.
    You mentioned something else that should not and normally does not happen. If you receive a behold that is all crew that you already have, you will not be offered an exchange. However, if you get two of the SAME crew in a single behold, we will offer to swap the result.
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    How disappointingly predictable.
  • SuperdDawgSuperdDawg ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Yeah, I know exactly what others are saying. Over 3 weeks ago in just one really lucky 10x pull I got three 4* beholds ... but already had all 9 crew either immortalized or fully fused. Was quite a disappointment . Tried submitting a ticket on it but still haven't received the initial response. I guess they are only responding now to what they consider "valid" issues with support tickets.
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diminishing returns. It's no different than buying a box of baseball cards, then buying more packs and getting dupes.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I suppose that's true, but according to the Wiki there are 172 Super Rare cards. I have about 55 fully fused. I'd say the odds are still more or less in my favour, and this really shouldn't be happening either way, no matter how much you try to spin it.
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hell, I even once got a fully fused option in a LEGENDARY Behold. And I literally only have one Legendary immortalized. That was a disappointing day.
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    The real pain is if you get three legendary choices who are all already FF ... that stinks big time. There should be a fourth option for a Behold-Refresh which is only clickable if at least two of the offered crew are already FF.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭

Diminishing returns. It's no different than buying a box of baseball cards, then buying more packs and getting dupes.

It is very different from baseball cards. If you get duplicate baseball cards, you can try to sell them on eBay. Or you can trade them with other card collectors. Or you can stick them in the spokes of your bike to make that "fwup fwup fwup" sound that kids in the 70's loved. Or you can use them for kindling when you become homeless because you spent too much money on baseball cards, so you can at least be warm for a few minutes when you are freezing in your alleyway cardboard box.

If you get a duplicate in this game, there is no value in whatever you got, other than saying you just earned 1% of a citation.

There's also the consideration that when this game shuts down in a year or two, all your cards are going to be lost forever, even the ones that aren't dupes. I would think they would want to make the appeal to spend money as enticing as possible and not just "Thanks for the money, try again sucker."

Grim, but most likely accurate.
  • [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since this got culled to makes it so might aswell merge to this thread

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/1331/alleviate-behold-frustration-from-players#latest
  • SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    I don't think fully fused beholds should be removed.

You win some, you loose some. You have to be able to get crap ones to make the good ones better.

Same goes for duplicates in a behold. Fair game in my book.

The booby prize - 200 honour.
  • I got last week 2 FF beholds in a row. I think the more crew you have, the more likely is a FF behold.
    It would be nice, if we could have a behold "1 of 5" not just only 3.
    Just waiting for the day, I get a 5* behold and all 3 are FF.

But there are also players, that want double crew. Especially crews, that appears more often in events than others (e.g. Picard) .
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suppose that's true, but according to the Wiki there are 172 Super Rare cards. I have about 55 fully fused. I'd say the odds are still more or less in my favour, and this really shouldn't be happening either way, no matter how much you try to spin it.

55/172 is 32%
    So 68% chance that you don't have a random 4* FF.
    A behold has 3 random 4*.
    The chance that all 3 are not FF is .68^3 = 31.5%
    Odds are still in your favor, but every couple beholds you're going to see someone you have.
    And remember there is a 3.3% chance that the entire behold is FF.
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

55/172 is 32%
    So 68% chance that you don't have a random 4* FF.
    A behold has 3 random 4*.
    The chance that all 3 are not FF is .68^3 = 31.5%
    Odds are still in your favor, but every couple beholds you're going to see someone you have.
    And remember there is a 3.3% chance that the entire behold is FF.

I'd say this more or less corroborated my point. I assume that was your intention.

• Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    The easiest solution would be to have Beholds have four options. Three random crew of whatever rarity and one citation of the same rarity. Then if all three crew are already fully fused, you can select the citation.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The easiest solution would be to have Beholds have four options. Three random crew of whatever rarity and one citation of the same rarity. Then if all three crew are already fully fused, you can select the citation.

The problem is, as others have pointed out, a citation is worth more than a random crew of the same rank from a Behold. For that reason, DB would likely not consider this. Maybe they'd consider it if the citation was for a rank one less than the rank of the other Behold crew: that is, if it was a Legendary Behold, the citation would be for a 4* crew; and for a Super-Rare Behold, the citation would be for a 3* crew. An alternative suggestion is that they could offer Honor of an amount significantly higher than what you'd get from dismissing that rank of crew. Though honestly, I think both of those options are pie-in-the-sky daydreams which will never come to pass.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • KTzKTz ✭✭✭
    There is no worse aspect in this game, in my opinion, than having the joy of receiving a behold swiftly turn to ashes in your mouth when you see that it is in fact, meaningless.

+1
  • KTzKTz ✭✭✭
    A Citation would be the solution for those Beholds
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think one potential solution is a redraw option where a significant amount of honor or dil is charged, say 10k honor or 500 dil to redraw a legendary behold, or 2k honor or 100 dil to redraw a super rare.

It does speed up players ability to fuse players, but it also provides DB revenue along the way.
  • A citation would be nice as if you can FF a crew, you can airlock him and make more space to buy more packs and keep the cycle going.
    Immortalized crew count:
    27×1★; 45×2★; 72×3★; 121×4★; 14×5★

FE, not fused crew count:
    0×2★; 0×3★; 18×4★; 21×5★
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »

The problem is, as others have pointed out, a citation is worth more than a random crew of the same rank from a Behold. For that reason, DB would likely not consider this. Maybe they'd consider it if the citation was for a rank one less than the rank of the other Behold crew: that is, if it was a Legendary Behold, the citation would be for a 4* crew; and for a Super-Rare Behold, the citation would be for a 3* crew. An alternative suggestion is that they could offer Honor of an amount significantly higher than what you'd get from dismissing that rank of crew. Though honestly, I think both of those options are pie-in-the-sky daydreams which will never come to pass.

As many folks in the boat of having a 4 star behold be all duplicates , the 3 star citation is likely to be of less use than even the 200 honor you'd get for dismissing a 4. However, that provides a very good point of compromise from another idea. Give the same amount of honor that would be one steps down citation, or thereabouts.

• Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    DB have ruled out more honour in exchange for duplicate beholds.
    Q15: Are you planning on reviewing honor costs, so we either get more honor for dismissing crew or citations/etc cost less?
    A15: We're not planning on any changes to Honor costs. Our goal with the Honor Hall was to allow players greater value (compared to before) when dismissing crew and allow players new paths to collect and invest in their favorite crew. We understand that players would like to earn more Honor for dismissing crew, but Honor was designed to be accrued gradually over time. With that said, we do keep a close eye on how Honor is earned and redeemed.

Translation: Thanks for the money, we don't care - better luck next time suckers!!
    DB: Do Better
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess that sorta is their motto.