Home The Bridge
Options

QOL updates. Have you seen them???

Has anyone noticed any improvements or differences in the game over the past 4 weeks, for better or worse? Everyone who has noticed any portion of change, please take moment to give some current feedback.
In order to help Shan report user problems, screenshots along with OS info would be more helpful.

QOL updates. Have you seen them??? 63 votes

YES!! I have seen improvement.
7%
Zombie Squirrel [QH] Oxmyx[Deleted User]Fi®3wallMiT Sanoa 5 votes
I have noticed no differences. Everything seems the same to me.
68%
ADM Fletcher [ET]sorinev[NDQ] Joker41NAMRocpileJim RaynorVaelerys Targaryen[SSR] GTMETHungry Dog DDMLeshy(CSF) Jesus Is Lord [••••]AggeJayBeezy[S47] ELiLcmdrworfguest_757423444811776Gib - Admiral MarinersLeadHeadCapt. Pete Owencaptain_yar[DB:LOL] eXo | Kurrostanza 43 votes
I have noticed increase in malfunctions.
17%
Captain DurfeXo | SilverRose (retired)gregorytCranky (SC) [DCC] bebe has BadgeyMe [AUS]ProontRen~MirrorVerse JcCigAros_DK[10F] Unnar 11 votes
Other.. please specify below.
3%
Commander SinclairPrime Lorca 2 votes
I hate polls
0%
I like polls
3%
Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Captain_Romo83 2 votes

Comments

• Options
    IOS. Where is my ship?ksjgk1632w15.png
    zw0a2gy8x4qh.png
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recognized these a couple of days ago: Videobutton, „14“ on the galaxy map was gone but returned like yesterday, everybody can initiate starbase room completion.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    IOS. Why is my cloak not working in arena?
    It works properly in galaxy map battles, but malfunctions in arena.
    vu8num9xe4yg.jpeg
    c4e0ozinam5y.jpeg
    b0g3izqimrac.jpeg
    f9bnmgi4k4v8.jpeg
    3r131k0b82qf.jpeg
    01sodxpvsohp.jpeg

• Options
    Blank screens. Everywhere. IOS
    3myhaizi6euv.jpeg
    v4f2rtud752o.jpeg
    jlejz3hrea10.jpeg
    qe0el6mtrf1k.jpeg
    t9rxkc69q8n5.png
  • Options
    MirrorVerse JcMirrorVerse Jc ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Increased server errors and crashes, pop up screen overlay, shuttle malfunctions. IOS
    7fbs280oqsre.jpeg
    aakauesqnb4i.jpeg
    k2oyme4nvsui.jpeg
    ywb4si5edd5h.jpeg

• Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe QoL is code for debugging our new client version so all the other plans we have could be put into place. They have been working out bugs in the new version since the flashback event and have been in a state of having multiple versions accross platforms for months while they try to debug before rolling out to IOS. We saw how well the android roll out went in the last month.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    Maybe QoL is code for debugging our new client version so all the other plans we have could be put into place. They have been working out bugs in the new version since the flashback event and have been in a state of having multiple versions accross platforms for months while they try to debug before rolling out to IOS. We saw how well the android roll out went in the last month.

Glad they want to ensure quality for us iPhone users. I’m guessing it’s because we are the biggest device demographic?

• Options
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

Glad they want to ensure quality for us iPhone users. I’m guessing it’s because we are the biggest device demographic?

I have considered this as a possible situation, looking forward to debugging the new rollout before total release. But i have posed questions few times if that was in fact the situation, those have gone un-answered about issues above. Sometimes i think C/S and Shan are out of the tech loop purposely to give them “plausible deniability”.
    So.... crossing my fingers new rollout will be all fixed but, just in case my thoughts were if different platforms are some great/some problematic, we can help them get it right for all users by reporting issues or notable improvements along with OS and platform info as they fix up the new version. Hopefully avoid any other forum anger and negativity.
    Maybe if we help instead of complain we get things going better.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

I have considered this as a possible situation, looking forward to debugging the new rollout before total release. But i have posed questions few times if that was in fact the situation, those have gone un-answered about issues above. Sometimes i think C/S and Shan are out of the tech loop purposely to give them “plausible deniability”.
    So.... crossing my fingers new rollout will be all fixed but, just in case my thoughts were if different platforms are some great/some problematic, we can help them get it right for all users by reporting issues or notable improvements along with OS and platform info as they fix up the new version. Hopefully avoid any other forum anger and negativity.
    Maybe if we help instead of complain we get things going better.

I won’t be able to join in that. I know nothing of the inner workings of technology.

• Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    As many bugs as usual except that the new client now takes a full minute to load on one of my android devices...
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ren~ wrote: »
    As many bugs as usual except that the new client now takes a full minute to load on one of my android devices...

I have also noticed the increased load time on Android. The game has generally been running smoother once I get in, though. But that initial load time is atrocious. :(
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    I can see my portal pulls!!!! :smile:
  • Options
    Fi®3wallFi®3wall ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    New Engine is amazing. Galaxy building is much faster as is opening and completing shuttles for tanked shuttles after a faction event. Everything just loads faster which is nice.
  • Options
    Most everything is generally the same, including the same old "malfunctions", with a notable increase of the game crashing or shutting itself down in the background. Usually I can go most of a day when the game only reloads itself maybe 3 or 4 times when I turn on my tablet. This past few days, the game has to reload nearly every time I pick it up. It's getting a bit annoying.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    I like polls
    All jokes aside, I have noticed no relevant changes on Android, but the Facebook version is functioning again without all the crashes.

One player in my fleet said that the Android version works much better for him now, while another one said that it was very slow during the event.
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    When the QoL improvements we are working on will go live, they will be announced.
    So I am not quite sure what the goal of this poll is.

7.2.0. has given us issues and we are trying to tackle them as quickly as we can.

If you have new issues to report please do so in the proper forum category, thank you :)

Thanks for an answer Shan. That was the “goal of the poll”. To find out if anyone had noticed differences, or if the Qol updates were all being directed into 7.2, as mentioned and speculated by Mr Paladin 27. As i said above, i had posed the question with no answer a few times. So now I/we have an answer. 🥓
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wondering what happened. Been, 8 months or so since QoL changes were coming. What have you seen recently?
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Wondering what happened. Been, 8 months or so since QoL changes were coming. What have you seen recently?

Shan said that they will be announced and not be stealthly implemented.

So the item update was the only one noteworthy for me. Bugfixing the ads I would not count towards QoL.

/edit: Plus removing the timer from Arena and Cadet Missions.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remaining chrons are now shown after you warp a mission (wasn’t ever announced)

This is a relatively new add and makes it easier to spam warps for skirmishing or just doing dailies and know exactly how many times you have warped.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭

Shan said that they will be announced and not be stealthly implemented.

So the item update was the only one noteworthy for me. Bugfixing the ads I would not count towards QoL.

/edit: Plus removing the timer from Arena and Cadet Missions.

Yses, timers going away was very nice :smile:
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.