Home The Bridge

Anyone notice some much more good RNG than usual

My RNG has been really good the past few days... Too good... and I was wondering if others have been experiencing the same thing.
A few days ago I got the caretaker in gauntlet. After a year and a half of not getting any gauntlet legendaries I was ecstatic. The next day I get Guinan (granted I have her ff\fe already) and I'm shocked... 2 gauntlet legendaries in 2 days? Both on streaks of 3? Plus I've observed WAAAAAAY more purple chars from my voyages (just today I got 3 from an 8 hour voyage) and to top it all off: after the event ended my 1x yielded a begold, and today's two 1x premium pulls both yielded (sadly useless) purple beholds. I haven't had this much good stuff happen in the span of 1 week... Ever and I think I saw someone else saying they have been having increased good RNG here too so I wanted to see if this is possibly a widespread occurance or random RNG as usual?

Anyone notice some much more good RNG than usual 78 votes

I have observed increased RNG goodness
16%
AviTrekCommander Sinclair[SSR]Trollhammeren(CSF) Jesus Is Lord [••••][Deleted User]MirrorMartiganGhostStalkerIronagedaveDarmok campfireÅnubisIshmael MarxMaripacsShellandflame 13 votes
RNG is being same old for me
55%
ADM Fletcher [ET]JeanLucKirk[NDQ] Joker41NAMZombie Squirrel Rocpile[QH] OxmyxZann Calcore (ISA)littlestoatieLeshyJayBeezySoupKitchen RikerOdo Marmarosacmdrworf[IPA] MarkasTP do better!! ~Colli~ (PoF)Gib - Admiral MarinersLeadHeadCapt. Pete OwenCranky (SC) •§ë• Captain Tatem 43 votes
Seems to me RNG is being crueler than usual
24%
Warrior WilloSSR BarkleyCapt. ChaosHaBlackRennJaxoAggeJean-Luc Kenobi[S47] ELiLgregorytguest_757423444811776[Deleted User]AldudeAce_Rimmer{R•PHX}Captain StupidMirrorVerse JcThe Captains LogVesmer-{Punisher}-[BAD]Jason KSS 19 votes
I LIKE POLLS!!!
1%
Jim Raynor 1 vote
I HATE POLLS (so why am I even answering this one? 🤷)
2%
uss_bonaventuresexy_lady 2 votes

Comments

• I have observed increased RNG goodness
    Ren~ wrote: »
    I always find conspiracy theories about RNG entertaining. If you play long enough, all of these things are bound to happen to you over a week at some point, no need to think too much about it.

Sorry...been playing for so long that good RNG sort of surprises me now
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a good dose of luck got two legendaries from the last events premium pulls got pah wraith keiko from a standard 10x pull splurge and then I got burnham 1st time on the reduced pack doubled her up on the 10 buck offer but then I tried a couple more times on the reduced packs but then rng sadly came down hard on me.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
    In the community rewards last event, I pulled second stars for both Pike and Culber out of the same pack.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve had Locutus drop from 3 streak boxes twice in the last two days.
    edited October 2019
    I always find conspiracy theories about RNG entertaining. If you play long enough, all of these things are bound to happen to you over a week at some point, no need to think too much about it.

I understand that as much as anyone but I think Jesus Is Lord is on to something. I’ve seen quite a bit of good luck lately with people posting pulls

• Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pulled 4 copies of Mudd yesterday before getting a second burnham yesterday (so she would be ff with the two from the $25 pack).

Best luck I’ve had with a few event golds in at least a year, if not ever.
  • RNG is being same old for me
    Good to see that the amount of good luck being experienced is exactly offset by the bad at the time of my writing.
  • Seems to me RNG is being crueler than usual
    It's all random
  • Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

I understand that as much as anyone but I think Jesus Is Lord is on to something. I’ve seen quite a bit of good luck lately with people posting pulls

That's because people rarely report their bad luck streaks or post their crappy pulls on the forums.
    I've had Armus drop twice this week, after not having received any gauntlet characters in the past 8-10 months. Also got Etana Jol from merit rewards yesterday

That's because people rarely report their bad luck streaks or post their crappy pulls on the forums.

I’ve seen plenty of those as well

• ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭

Perhaps they (we) don't post screenshots of such pulls, but they are frequently summarized in threads similar to the following:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/14740/eerie-encounters-campaign-portal-pulls

LLAP
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019

Perhaps they (we) don't post screenshots of such pulls, but they are frequently summarized in threads similar to the following:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/14740/eerie-encounters-campaign-portal-pulls

LLAP

They do but not at the same frequency. In theory there's a 1.27% chance to pull a gold so we should see one every 10 post. Obviously in this thread that's not the case.

I'm aware that such threads lead people to buy more packs when they see a lot of good stuff so I do my part posting my crap in an attempt to balance reports but we're a minority.

LLAP

They do but not at the same frequency. In theory there's a 1.27% chance to pull a gold so we should see one every 10 post. Obviously in this thread that's not the case.

I'm aware that such threads lead people to buy more packs when they see a lot of good stuff so I do my part posting my crap in an attempt to balance reports but we're a minority.

You must be lots of fun at parties. I just get that impression

• Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    I pulled 4 copies of Mudd yesterday before getting a second burnham yesterday (so she would be ff with the two from the $25 pack).

Best luck I’ve had with a few event golds in at least a year, if not ever.

Heh...I took four cracks at the event pack to get a Burnham and got a Mudd on the second one. Thing is - I didn’t really want him. The last few months have yielded a bounty of SEC/ENG crew...I won’t airlock him because it is fantastic artwork and he will be helpful in next week’s event, and who knows what kind of surprises will happen in future beholds - I certainly never expected to get that free Tuxedo Nog to 4/5*, but here I am.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poll looks like a pretty good bell curve.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Y’all ready for this one? This was from a 10x pull that was bought with today’s offer

zywywh74vfi3.png

Wow...I also took that offer (mostly to refill my dilithium reserves) and thought I was doing pretty well with Virtuoso Doc #2, 1701 Sisko #5, and Interfaced La Forge #3 across all 15 packs.
  • Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just did 30 Premium pulls and did not get one legendary character. That may well be the last time I buy packs. 😖😖😖
    Y’all ready for this one? This was from a 10x pull that was bought with today’s offer

zywywh74vfi3.png

Now that's some gooooooood RNG!!!

zywywh74vfi3.png

Now that's some gooooooood RNG!!!

The RNG server must have been down for that split second

• RNG is being same old for me
    It was better for a hot minute, then went right back to screwing me :smiley:
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    My voyage returns have been the usual up-and-down quality, and my pack pulls have been useless, but in other areas of the game... a nice streak of RNG goodness this week.

Monday - 90K credit pull - 5* behold - took Maquis Tuvok (3rd star).
    Wednesday - merit pull - straight drop of Assimilated Hawk (4th star).
    Thursday - gauntlet - Armus from a 21-streak box. This is my 11th Armus - likely will become honor.

It's almost certainly random, but I'm enjoying it!
  • VesmerVesmer ✭✭✭
    Everything is the same for me except drop rates of items from away missions - they really been decreased
    Got 3 of these in Skirmishes already today. That's never happened!

6dxju0ezmm1i.png
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have gotten 2 golds in the last 63 premium or event packs i've pulled. so no, RNG is not any better this month
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!

6dxju0ezmm1i.png

I usually get 3 to 5 of those each skirmish

Maripacs wrote: »
    I've had Armus drop twice this week, after not having received any gauntlet characters in the past 8-10 months. Also got Etana Jol from merit rewards yesterday

My rng luck continues, just got my 5th star for T'Kuvma from a 90K credit pull.

6dxju0ezmm1i.png

I usually get 3 to 5 of those each skirmish

but have you ever got them back to back to back skirmishes in a row?

Sadly, game reloaded right after that and now I'm in the "RNG-hell-no" server for goodies.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...