Home The Bridge
Options

Chroniton Hoarding?

I'm a serious but still a casual player. In most events i'm doing the "hit-the-threshold-and-finish"-strategy, ranking somewhere between 1500 and 2500 all the time. I simply don't have the time (and nerves :s ) to play that much to hit the higher tiers.
Is there any other use for my stockpile of chronitons? Or are there plans for some kind of currency-exchange added to the game?
tzfaq9akrsjj.jpg
Serving with Battleship Texas [BBTX]

Comments

• Options
    if you have 18k chron available like on the screenshot you can rank top 25 easily in a skirmish event, maybe give that a try ;)
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That’s really not a whole lot stockpiled. I agree with the above. Throw them all at a galaxy. It would not take a long rime to use them up
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you have 18k chron available like on the screenshot you can rank top 25 easily in a skirmish event, maybe give that a try ;)

One of the OP's main points was not having the time or nerves to play all weekend. So that is probably not a viable option here.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here are a couple of things I do/did ... as a reference, currently have 22+k chronitons with 4 crew at level 1 (the rest are FE at 100).

- On slow days ... e.g Tuesday ... I use chronitons to help out my fleet.
    I'll just farm a whole bunch of ships battle and away missions for items that I'm low on or can be helpful for a Galaxy. Helping my fleet meet the daily targets quicker.

- For a long time I made an effort to farm starbase components, especially Holoemitters ... so that I could always dump those into the rooms we were working on ...
    The fleet I'm in has been at 134 for quite a while now, so I don't do this anymore, but I feel it was helpful when I did it and would benefit anyone in a fleet that has yet to max their starbase.
  • Options
    PompeyMagnusPompeyMagnus ✭✭✭✭
    There are two things I do with a chron hoard:
    - Farm items in advance of Galaxy events
    - Save them for a Skirmish event and spend them all on space battles for Intel and Holoemitters
    - Spend them to help your fleet reach daily away team and space battle goals.

You also don't have to spend all those chrons, it's not as though it hurts anyone to have so many. I usually just save them up for Skirmish events and farm holoemitters since only a few people in my fleet actually bother to donate holoemitters to modules.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are two things I do with a chron hoard:
    - Farm items in advance of Galaxy events
    - Save them for a Skirmish event and spend them all on space battles for Intel and Holoemitters

I heartily concur with these suggestions. I'm level 91 and have been playing for several years, and yet I rarely go above 6 or 8 thousand chrons. I leveled up all my crew some time ago, but still get new crew from events and pulls and level them up as soon as I get them. Right now I also am saving some Janeways and Parises at level 1 to fuse into the lizard, and then also occasionally pick up some duplicates who I usually only work on for my daily leveling requirements.

But lots of pre-farming, as well. Not just for Galaxy events, but when I'm getting low on items that I know I'll need for leveling crew, just so I have them — databases, etc.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Hehe, of course i could burn all of them in the current event or the next galaxy- or faction-one. I'm still missing the "Top-100" achievement and the ones that follow. After that i could call my employer and declare myself sick for the next couple days :D:D

Battleship Texas is Level 134 already and we are collecting Holoemitters all the time, myself included of course.

I'm quite interested in that "Pre-Farming"-thing. Is there a list or thread with the most often needed items and the related missions? This sounds that could lower my chroniton-stockpile on the long run.
    Serving with Battleship Texas [BBTX]
  • Options
    Looks at my 57K chrons...

Yeah, I don't know what to tell you. I gave up on the grind a long time ago. Now I'm hoarding shuttle tokens. I had just a mere 67 tokens and came in top 50 in a recent shuttle event. Given where 1st was in that event, I realized I wouldn't need all that much (maybe 200-300 tokens) to win a shuttle event. I didn't even use any time reduction boosts. Just blew through my tokens and even (somewhat unwisely) put 9 hour boosts on my tokened shuttles.

Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    Skirmish = Bingewatch event, if you would actually focus on playing skirmish instead of doing other things it **tsk tsk** . But when you pick 2-5 movies to watch in a day the millions of VP accumulate fast, playing an event "Should" be a secondary or even tertiary task. I refused to stop playing FFXV for the entirety of the event which resulted in slightly lower skirmish score then usual but massive progress in FFXV over the past 4 days Still in top 50 and i started this event with 7200 chrons. Triple- Quadro- or Quintytasking is fun and helps you develop your brain; just doing it until 0300 am doesnt lol.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 40K chronitons and no plans to use them. I just don't want to spend the time that is required to score top 25 and have no hope of hitting top 1. I suppose the best use is to spend a bunch on ship missions to get those holoemmitters for the fleet, but eventually even that won't be needed. Mass leveling of crew is a possibility, but eventually you run out of crew.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Triple- Quadro- or Quintytasking is fun and helps you develop your brain; just doing it until 0300 am doesnt lol.

This is unfortunately a misbelief.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/travisbradberry/2014/10/08/multitasking-damages-your-brain-and-career-new-studies-suggest/

Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Battleship Texas is Level 134 already and we are collecting Holoemitters all the time, myself included of course.

I'm quite interested in that "Pre-Farming"-thing. Is there a list or thread with the most often needed items and the related missions? This sounds that could lower my chroniton-stockpile on the long run.

I'm not sure how you effectively burn chronitons during a faction event ... also ...

Once your fleet starbase is lvl 134 there's no use to specifically farm Holoemitters. For example:
    - The 4* Advanced Replicator Rations (ARR) give 10.47% of a 4* item per ration
    - The 5* Dynamic Replicator Rations (DRR) give 24.76% of a 4* item per ration

You get 3 or 4 4* ARRs when completing the room and only 1 5* DRR when completing the room (feel free to correct me here if I'm wrong, but I think this is the case) ... this means that it is more economical to donate to the ARR room.
    Furthermore, if you are farming then you max out your Nanopolymers and Tritanium faster, which means there is no benefit when you pick up more ... so you should try to get rid of them as much as possible. Over time Holoemitters and Transparent Aluminium will build up naturally ... once all 4 are at max then there's really no point to farm any specifically.

Pre-farming ... there are lists in the Ready Room. But a good strategy is:
    - Look at your inventory ... start with Components and then Equipment;
    - Any 0* or 1* item that is below 1000 should be filled up to that point ... 1000 because if you are ever really planning to make a run to a top Galaxy event ranking then you'll need more than this. You also basically want to be able to level any new crew you get in without having to go out and farm a single component;
    e.g. you'll want 1000 0* Casings and 1000 1* Casings ... not only are they commonly used to build items, but Galaxy items need them too ... once at 1000 they kinda stay there naturally until you get to a Galaxy event.
    - As others have noted farming for Galaxy events during a Skirmish is best bang for your buck.
    - Personally, I like getting 4* components to 50+ each ... those can be costly to farm during a Galaxy event should you run out when equipping up event crew (e.g. the threshold 4*).

It will lower your stock in the short-run, but in the long run you'll have even more built up because for general stuff you'll not have to farm anything.
  • Options

It's not just about the chronitons though. I have 22k chronitons and invested around fifteen hours this weekend to finish in the top 1000. I find it ridiculous that I tapped for fifteen hours, any more and I think my wife and children would have me sectioned. I don't know how people are able to invest so much time for this.
  • Options
    It's not just about the chronitons though. I have 22k chronitons and invested around fifteen hours this weekend to finish in the top 1000. I find it ridiculous that I tapped for fifteen hours, any more and I think my wife and children would have me sectioned. I don't know how people are able to invest so much time for this.

For me skirmishes are pretty much thresholds and done, if I'm commuting or waiting, maybe I'll fire up a few more to hopefully farm some more honour, but time is too a precious commodity to urinate up a wall.

If I want to push buttons, I get better rewards from pushing the wife's.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Oops, wrong thread. Self-deleted. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    My pile steadily grows (150k-ish) and I don't see that changing. Events are too boring to use them all.
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    I'm closing on 300,000. I would choose to use them in a galaxy. However the time commitment even there is daunting. I'm beginning to think I may never use them.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    V. wrote: »
    I'm closing on 300,000. I would choose to use them in a galaxy. However the time commitment even there is daunting. I'm beginning to think I may never use them.

Holy total crap!!! If you had the time you could win a galaxy for sure
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galaxy events cost different amounts for different people. But even with leveling the 4* crew, I don't think I've ever spent more than 8K. Usually less to get top 1500. It would be nice if they offered the gold crew for 8K chronitons and we could skip the grind.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galaxy events cost different amounts for different people. But even with leveling the 4* crew, I don't think I've ever spent more than 8K. Usually less to get top 1500. It would be nice if they offered the gold crew for 8K chronitons and we could skip the grind.

But because it’s burn resources and done, that’s why I like them. Skirmishes give you chrons that can be funneled back into the event. In galaxies you hit that point where you got nothing left. I’ve never even come close to that point in a skirmish

• Options
    Post a picture of your chron totals or it’s a lie! lol. ;)
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    I’m up to over 28k now. I don’t think I’ll ever have the time or want to hit top 25. I wouldn’t have minded pushing harder in the skirmish but I ran out of time and had to much to do.

If it’s a great card or just a character I want I’ll go for it but for the most part I’m thresholds and out.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Skirmish = Bingewatch event, if you would actually focus on playing skirmish instead of doing other things it **tsk tsk** . But when you pick 2-5 movies to watch in a day the millions of VP accumulate fast, playing an event "Should" be a secondary or even tertiary task. I refused to stop playing FFXV for the entirety of the event which resulted in slightly lower skirmish score then usual but massive progress in FFXV over the past 4 days Still in top 50 and i started this event with 7200 chrons. Triple- Quadro- or Quintytasking is fun and helps you develop your brain; just doing it until 0300 am doesnt lol.

I don't like to assUme as it makes an **tsk tsk** of u and me. But I think it's safe to assume you are unemployed/retired and have no children? Between my job and family I am lucky to squeeze in one movie a week!
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alas. Once you have completed the single player missions unless you have a will to give yourself RSI by repettative clicking for events there is very little to spend chronotrons on.

I have a surplus of 3k, plus quite a-lot in unspent tokens. I suppose you could convert them into the tough to farm items like 4* casings etc. but really there is little to spend them on once all the missions are done and I assume you have a RL so don't have time to rank highly in the clickfest events
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    I would use them to run supply missions, and to complete every mission and level up all my cards, so I can freeze em' and make space for new crew.
  • Options
    86k chrons, just under 530k honor.

As someone asked, pics as it deffo happened... b7e1jgmf18ts.jpg