Home The Bridge
Options

Chroniton Hoarding?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Wow, this thread is defo an example of "there's always someone who is insaner than you ;) ".
    A reply to some posts:

About saving holoemitters:
    We are basically just spending the stuff for the 4* Replicator-Ration and just to collect/finish the daily rewards. The fleet hopes for future additional rooms.

About my credits:
    I have no use for it. All my crew is Level 100 and fully equipped. I spend some EC to replicate some gear for the new crew (when i'm too lazy to play missions for the items needed). Only from time to time i buy a number of standard-packs to get rid of a couple millions. Other folks are hoarding over 500k of honor. I think that's more of a waste than EC.

That prefarming-thing sounds quite good, i don't know if i will farm 1000 items but having a stockpile sounds good.

btw, yesterday i did invest about an hour of additional playtime and did finish just unter Top-2000. Chronitons are already back at 18,451 right now. They just won't go down :#
    Serving with Battleship Texas [BBTX]
  • Options
    marschallinmarschallin ✭✭✭✭
    Dazlaaaaa wrote: »
    86k chrons, just under 530k honor.

As someone asked, pics as it deffo happened... b7e1jgmf18ts.jpg

Out of curiosity, why don’t you use your honor to fully fuse some of your legendaries?
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019

Out of curiosity, why don’t you use your honor to fully fuse some of your legendaries?

My guess, the price for trading in honor is too expensive.

Though the the reduced cost trade of honor they had for citations and begolds, was the correct price for both. So I expect they are waiting for that reduced cost to come again, as am I.
  • Options
    marschallinmarschallin ✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »

Though the the reduced cost trade of honor they had for citations and begolds, was the correct price for both. So I expect they are waiting for that reduced cost to come again, as am I.

I was under the impression that they had a sale for begolds but not citations. Is that in error?
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭

I was under the impression that they had a sale for begolds but not citations. Is that in error?

It was begolds and 10 pack

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/12460/40-off-legendary-beholds-3-per-day-and-premium-10x-packs-purchasable-with-honor/p1
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019

Yes as mentioned above x10 premium pack and single pull. But citations were reduced the same amount I thought basically 30k. Am I wrong? I only bought begolds. It was also a limit of how many you can get a day of 5 3. So I thought you could buy any combination of 5 of legendary citation or begold.

Edit: I must be am wrong about the legendary citation being reduced to 30k. Tried doing search but nothing shows it to be the case.

Edit2: I found the announcement. But was beaten to posting it see below
    Sorry as posted below it was only 3 a day. I am thinking it was for 5 days. Not sure if it was four or three days 18th to 21st.
  • Options

Yes as mentioned above x10 premium pack and single pull. But citations were reduced the same amount I thought basically 30k. Am I wrong? I only bought begolds. It was also a limit of how many you can get a day of 5. So I thought you could buy any combination of 5 of legendary citation or begold.

Yes, you are incorrect. Here is the link to the original announcement:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/12459/two-very-special-honor-offerings-available-for-a-limited-time#latest

Citations have never been discounted.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes as mentioned above x10 premium pack and single pull. But citations were reduced the same amount I thought basically 30k. Am I wrong? I only bought begolds. It was also a limit of how many you can get a day of 5. So I thought you could buy any combination of 5 of legendary citation or begold.

Yes, you are incorrect. Here is the link to the original announcement:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/12459/two-very-special-honor-offerings-available-for-a-limited-time#latest

Citations have never been discounted.

Still looking for that half price honor hall sale

• Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Nevermind...answered in the thread.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bakerbeanz wrote: »
    I would use them to run supply missions, and to complete every mission and level up all my cards, so I can freeze em' and make space for new crew.

After you've done that, you'll find it's generally pretty easy to stay caught up on crew and the only things left are either Galaxy or Skirmish events. It can get kinda boring, to be honest.
  • Options
    I honestly cannot beleive you all are able to stockpile chrons. I play a fair amount, but I am constantly out of chrons. I have never had a chron balance over 5,000 and then only because I saved for a week to be competitive in galaxy event or something.

That said I am close the maxing out all my crew so I expect I can start stock piling in the near future. In the mean time anyone want to share?
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    adonibyte. wrote: »
    I honestly cannot beleive you all are able to stockpile chrons. I play a fair amount, but I am constantly out of chrons. I have never had a chron balance over 5,000 and then only because I saved for a week to be competitive in galaxy event or something.

That said I am close the maxing out all my crew so I expect I can start stock piling in the near future. In the mean time anyone want to share?

Once you finish leveling all your crew there is nothing left to do with your chrons. Pre-farm or hoard for an event. Otherwise you just sit there with chronitons and no idea what to do with them.

Also, having all your crew leveled(and a bunch of 5/5) means your Voyages go longer which means you earn more chronitons too.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019

Using conservative numbers: I hit the point of 8 hour voyages even during events. That means 1.5 voyages a day and about 3,500 chronitons a week with mediocre voyages. I am part of a successful fleet who earn the fleet rewards which provide an additional 700 chronitons per week. I do all six cadet challenges 3 times a week and double them with ads plus time things to get the free ad every 4 hours at least 3 times. Even missing a few, that is 1000 chronitons per week. I time it to get all three free chroniton gives each day and double them. That's 90 a day or, missing a few, 600 chronitons per week. That is 5800 chronitons per week even without daily rewards or campaign rewards. If you run cadet missions and arena battles at maximum you would only need 60 chonitons per day to meet daily rewards, and that isn't considering any additional free ad-warps. That is easily covered by daily rewards. Combine all that with only leveling crew once a week during events with a supply kit, and you quickly have a stockpile. I have over 30 supply kits and over 40K chronitons. If you skip a few events and if your voyages are lucky or occasionally extended, you get even more. I spend 5 to 8 thousand chronitons a week for event and crew during galaxy or skirmish events and 2 to 3 thousand during faction events. On average (with several faction in a row boosting this) I gain 2 thousand chronitons a week. I haven't been out of chronitons in more than a year.

Basically, save like Scrooge all week and then spend like High Roller Sisko once a week during events.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even before I FE'd all my crew, I found it was easy to accumulate chrons. Between voyages, ad-doubles for MWF cadet missions, and fleet donations, adding 800-1000 chrons a day is very do-able. After that, it's just a matter of not spending (most of) them. Just like in real life, think of them in budget terms. Get paid X chrons, allocate perhaps 30% of them to playing the game today, and save the other 70% for the future. Do that for a month and you will never have a chroniton shortage again. If a galaxy event interrupts the process, fine. Spend whatever you want in the event, and then just resume saving after the event.
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭

Spending some on crew actually hurts you from a chron stockpiling standpoint. If you do voyages regularly (5+ dilemmas a day) you start stockpiling pretty quickly on a free to play account.

On my completely ftp alt I started last fall, within 3-4 months I had caught up with leveling most of 3* crew and better I had. The event ff purples and few golds I had always been prioritized and leveled right away. Starting at the 3-4 month point on that account I was earning 5000+ chrons a week from voyages and dailies and really only leveling 2-3 crew a week.

The more you spend the more high chron cost golds you level and the longer it takes to get to that point. There is a point where you can buy enough chrons and high value reps to speed it up some, but it takes a lot of spending for that, and you can’t spend your way to do it in under 6 months.

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you’re always short on chrons because of leveling, use the replicator
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

Indeed - replicating hard-to-farm items and the occasional expensive 4* or 5* item can save a mountain of chrons.
  • Options
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

Indeed - replicating hard-to-farm items and the occasional expensive 4* or 5* item can save a mountain of chrons.

I rarely farm unique Level 90-100 items anymore, unless they require very little beyond what I have on hand. Replicate, replicate, replicate.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting to read all the different viewpoints from both newer and more-seasoned players. As for me, I've been playing for almost 3 years — so, a decent amount of time, but not as long as The Old Ones…
    glhcsed93zny.gif

We all have different styles of play, and I personally don't care much about building up a massive chroniton reserve. If I go into a Skirmish with somewhere between 5k and 10k of 'em, then I can generally play any of those events as long as I want to. Galaxies aren't as much of a consideration, because I simply don't have the time nor the patience to go as crazy with those as would be needed for a top finish, so provided that I have enough to clear threshold rewards, I'm generally good.

I leveled up my entire roster quite a while back, but am far from a "gotta get 'em all" collector, so there are a number of (mostly 5*) crew who I don't have, and when those are acquired, I level them up straight away. I do the same for any new SR's who I intend on keeping. For me, it's far more pleasant to look at my active lineup and see that I don't have anybody who needs my time, attention, and resources, than it is for me to see tens of thousands of chrons just sitting there attracting dust.

And post-Skirmish, where I usually end up with pretty much the same amount of chrons that I started the weekend with, my usual tack is to spend them all on away missions (since my space battle farming would be well taken care of at that point), making it easier and faster to level any new crew.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options

I'm holding fire for the honor Hall sale. If citations are on sale then, I'll buy bulk, if not I'll pay what I need.
  • Options
    EtienneEtienne ✭✭✭
    xqshbcagw515.png
    I have a few too...I may go for the top 15 award at some point :wink:
  • Options
    j22uz1f12cig.png
    My hoard and take on the subject.
    You reach a certain point in the game when you just are taking in more chronotons then you can spend. I don't spend a ton on the game, splurged on the tuxedo Sisko campaign and only buying an occasional monthly card when someone gifts me a google play card. The only thing I've then bought with dilithium is the extra shuttles and crew slots so I'm not bursting with extra crew I have to level constantly. With all the items I've accumulated and five replicator uses a day I can finish the new crew every week without having to even run missions most of the time. This leads to all the chronos from daily rewards, voyages, etc just piling up. The time commitment is what keeps me from using them, I can't sit and tap for hours on end during a galaxy. Maybe if a reward both interests me and I've got the time I'll go all in someday.