Home The Bridge
Options

Are DB quality of life improvements going to include granting greater powers for admirals?

Bri Bri ✭✭✭✭
It’s been mentioned before, but I’m seeking a definitive answer for my fleet and for some of the other admirals out there.

Building and maintaining a top fleet is a labour of love. But being unable to even designate/ remove squad leaders can be really problematic. Removing a squad leader from your fleet doesn’t even disband the squad, it literally promotes someone else within the same squad.

@shan are you aware of any specifics regarding the quality of life updates. And could you confirm whether or not Admiral’s powers are going to be looked at going forward?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Agreed. Sad thing is, that DB stealth removed the only option to disband squads (except by SL itself) by fleet admiral and officers(by just dismissing the SL from fleet). Now, the SL just goes to a random squad member. This made things even worse.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Please do @Shan because this is seriously hampering our efforts at fleet management. Currently, running a fleet has come to involve far too much pot luck for us to be effect. I've built a fleet from the ground using mostly external tools (because of a lack of in game options) and the change that took away our ability to disband a fleet made that so, so much harder.

I'm now holding the pips to a top fleet, and suddenly find myself powerless to make some needed changes. They aren't big changes and should be part of the basic fleet admiral tools but I can't do it because right now the admiral is almost no different than the other fleet members.
  • Options
     Bri Bri ✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    I do not have any specifics to share, no.
    I will bring up again the request for more options for Admirals/Officers regarding Squadrons.

Thanks for offering to raise the issue. Hoping something can be done. It would enhance the game a great deal to have more options and settings around fleet management.
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    some of the headaches in fleet management can be worked around via simple tools such as use of 3rd party chat apps, like Line (ugh) or Discord (much better). Other issues can be resolved via small changes in culture such as attentiveness among your members, or fleets willing to reform squads regularly.

But for the vast majority of fleets out there that don't have that kind of buy-in or willingness to use those other tools, additional powers for officers/admirals would be a great QoL add.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    The ability to disband squads has been needed for as long as we've had squads, frankly. Also the ability to appoint a squad leader (similar to how we can promote officers). Fleets and squads in general could be beefed up to have more import. There's little left at the endgame aside from the social aspect, so it's still surprising that those elements (i.e. in-game chat) remain among the weakest.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they do some more important things like item-, crew- and vault management first.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will bring up again the request for more options for Admirals/Officers regarding Squadrons.

Also, please have a backup in case of mistaken fleet disbandment. I would hate to see any fleet disbanded by accident especially since so much work has been done by players to build these Starbases.

Trista
  • Options
    It is a lobor of love and a time consuming process. I have also repeatedly asked for a secondary command either a co-admiral or vice-admiral to have the same powers as the admiral. Some fleets are co-managed as it is now due to time constraints, vacations and holidays. But if the admiral is away the officer left in charge has no actual power to do anything to manage the fleet. Some fleets may have an admiral go suddenly missing and then must disband and start over after having put so much effort into a base build. And other times floater trollers jump into a fleet under false pretense just to remove anyone without officer status and wreak havoc within a fleet.
    The addition of fleets and starbases is one great addition to the game that has kept players Interested and in the game playing as part of a group in competition or a sense of family.
    Not to discount Mr Sanoas’ opinion, bcuz all repeatedly requested upgrades or fixes are important, but this starbase limited control system is horribly outdated and really should be on the top of the list for upgrades.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    It is Mrs. btw.

In my opinion things should get attention in the order of the product of this multiplication:

"How severe is the issue" x "How often is this issue affecting someone negatively per week" x "How many players are affected by it"

I cannot imagine that fleet topics make it to the top of the list if you look at it like that. We also had the issue with squadleadership going to someone temporarily inactive, so there was no shared crew for 1 weekend. After a while we kicked and reinvited him. I consider this rather a minor inconvenience compared to annoying stuff relevant to everyone much more often. But of course as always these are just my 2c.

Is there a known case where a fleet was disbanded by accident and could not be restored? This I would consider a real drama, but I never read of such a case.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Bluebeard1Bluebeard1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Name change is an important feature I'd like. Our former fleet leader named it and now we are stuck with a name that doesn't describe our player base.
  • Options
    Bluebeard1 wrote: »
    Name change is an important feature I'd like. Our former fleet leader named it and now we are stuck with a name that doesn't describe our player base.

@Bluebeard1 DB will change the fleet name for you, just have the admiral send in a ticket requesting the name change.
  • Options
    Also, please have a backup in case of mistaken fleet disbandment. I would hate to see any fleet disbanded by accident especially since so much work has been done by players to build these Starbases.
    Trista

There is no disband button. If you leave, command gets passed to another officer.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Trista

There is no disband button. If you leave, command gets passed to another officer.

This was never the case. Why wasnt this announced by db because @Shan told me they did not have a backup plan. And Shan is the official spokesperson
  • Options
    Trista

This was never the case. Why wasnt this announced by db because @Shan told me they did not have a backup plan. And Shan is the official spokesperson

Probably the same reason why kicking a squad's leader now makes another crew the new squad leader, instead of disbanding said squad...

We found that out the hard way...

:(:s:/
    In the immortal words of Spock: "Live long and prosper"
  • Options
    Trista

Wow, another stealth change by DB, but this time a good one. :)
    Thx for letting us know. 👍🏻
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options

Admirals need to see who is donating to their Starbase each day.
  • Options
    CB4_V'ger wrote: »

And to which room and also who is marking rooms for priority
  • Options

Only Officers or Admirals can mark rooms for priority, So if the Admiral delegates assigning the rooms they set up their priority with those Officers so they are all on the same page
  • Options

This would be helpful. Especially to new fleets.
    "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose." - Captain Jean-Luc Picard
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭

And there should be an option to just block rooms from donating,
    then nobody can donate to the wrong room anymore.

This.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options

Only Officers or Admirals can mark rooms for priority, So if the Admiral delegates assigning the rooms they set up their priority with those Officers so they are all on the same page

I've had some officers go rogue and not listen to the officer chat and assign rooms they want done, not what's best for everyone so that's why I would like this.... Tho just blocking an entire room would also be good.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

I've had some officers go rogue and not listen to the officer chat and assign rooms they want done, not what's best for everyone so that's why I would like this.... Tho just blocking an entire room would also be good.

If an office is going rogue and not listening to the officer's chat and the admiral, it sounds like the admiral needs to fire that officer.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    AviTrek wrote: »

If an office is going rogue and not listening to the officer's chat and the admiral, it sounds like the admiral needs to fire that officer.

Yeah, if u can figure out who it is, which might be tough since u can t see who tags/ untags rooms. ;)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »

Yeah, if u can figure out who it is, which might be tough since u can t see who tags/ untags rooms. ;)

Exactly why I'd like a log that records who marks and unmarks rooms. But in the end I basically greatly reduced the number of officers down too a few trusted people and it's been fine ever since.
  • Options
    I would like too be able as the Admiral to move donations to the priority room. We have a bunch of rooms with a few thousand Holoemitters in them that people donated by mistake. If I could move them to the room we want to work on that would almost finish the room.

Excellent idea. 👏🏻
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Agreed. Sad thing is, that DB stealth removed the only option to disband squads (except by SL itself) by fleet admiral and officers(by just dismissing the SL from fleet). Now, the SL just goes to a random squad member. This made things even worse.

Agreed x2
    “You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”
    ― Musashi, Japan's Greatest Swordsman and Samurai
  • Options
    sorinevsorinev ✭✭✭
    Speaking of squads, it would be nice if the squad leader was allowed to disband and the squad didn't lose their rewards from an event that just finished. Instead, you have to remember to make someone else lead and, just as bad, make sure they know so that they don't disband either.
    [SSR] Sorin08