i8k1qqd0eq86.png
    gll2s18cdinf.png
  • Options
    Ren~ wrote: »
    Tier 10.

b2n06asoqsze.png
    i8k1qqd0eq86.png
    gll2s18cdinf.png

You do you, but Burnham is one of the best cards in the game.

Also, I need to stop checking on these pack pull threads. It only serves to depress me.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    adonibyte. wrote: »
    Tier 10.

b2n06asoqsze.png
    i8k1qqd0eq86.png
    gll2s18cdinf.png

Agreed, that was definitely not the choice I would have made.
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    robownage wrote: »
    Tier 10.

b2n06asoqsze.png
    i8k1qqd0eq86.png
    gll2s18cdinf.png

We just got Tenavik so FOB would contribute very little to my roster. However, a top tier gauntlet pair with almost as many events as FOB will contribute significantly more. If cited he could also push about 25% of my voyages above the 8h mark (currently only my CMD/DIP/SCI combos are, the rest sitting annoyingly at 7.5h). I don't need FOB's arena ability and I'm already drowning in disco crew to the point I can run 8 shuttles above 85% with a bit of tinkering.

I understand a lot of people reason with big book tiers for their behold choices but I don't, I look at my roster and my current needs and Assimilated La Forge is the largest improvement for me. If I want more SCI I have survivalist Kirk waiting at 2/5 so that's definitely not a problem; if I need more CMD I have a 2/5 Prince Bashir with a more enticing skill set, and If I really want more CMD/SCI/something I have alternate future T'pol at 1/5 already.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand a lot of people reason with big book tiers for their behold choices but I don't, I look at my roster and my current needs and Assimilated La Forge is the largest improvement for me. If I want more SCI I have survivalist Kirk waiting at 2/5 so that's definitely not a problem; if I need more CMD I have a 2/5 Prince Bashir with a more enticing skill set, and If I really want more CMD/SCI/something I have alternate future T'pol at 1/5 already.

This is a healthy attitude, the own roster is what matters. Still...

When I started the game I chose lacking skillsets and so-so Gauntleteers over the Big Book a few times, but half a year later I regret some of those choices as the chosen mediocre crewmembers now do little to nothing to me any more and they will stay at 1/5 forever if no campaign helps them out of their misery. (Btw my Prince Bashir went to 3/5 naturally from a 1/5 gift and I would not call him useless but his performance is far from intriguing and not worth a citation.)

But to be fair I also regret some choices where I followed the BB against my gut feeling, like with Laborer Spock. At 1/5 he is so useless it hurts and he will probably never make it to a citation.^^

My Tenavik is only 4/5 as I had FO Burnham FFFE alread when he was released; similar to you seeing no reason to take her when you already had him I saw no reason to cite him but... he would be no match to her in any way, even if FF.

Fingers crossed that you will not regret this in a few months but rather avoided your personal Laborer Spock. ;)
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    Tier 10.

b2n06asoqsze.png
    i8k1qqd0eq86.png
    gll2s18cdinf.png

We just got Tenavik so FOB would contribute very little to my roster. However, a top tier gauntlet pair with almost as many events as FOB will contribute significantly more. If cited he could also push about 25% of my voyages above the 8h mark (currently only my CMD/DIP/SCI combos are, the rest sitting annoyingly at 7.5h). I don't need FOB's arena ability and I'm already drowning in disco crew to the point I can run 8 shuttles above 85% with a bit of tinkering.

That seems perfectly reasonable, but man...I'd have a hard time passing up what I would argue is one of the strongest cards in the game. Two years in and she's still the overall #3 Voyager, with the #2 CMD base and three ranked shuttle pairs (including CMD/MED, because why not). Add in that Discovery trait and she's kind of hard to beat.

FWIW, I have her FF and I would consider starting a second one if she popped up against two meh cards.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tier 10: 900 Honor & fuel

After reading the follow-up post, I understand why @Ren~ made that choice. Thank you for elucidating. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

When I started the game I chose lacking skillsets and so-so Gauntleteers over the Big Book a few times, but half a year later I regret some of those choices as the chosen mediocre crewmembers now do little to nothing to me any more and they will stay at 1/5 forever if no campaign helps them out of their misery. (Btw my Prince Bashir went to 3/5 naturally from a 1/5 gift and I would not call him useless but his performance is far from intriguing and not worth a citation.)

But to be fair I also regret some choices where I followed the BB against my gut feeling, like with Laborer Spock. At 1/5 he is so useless it hurts and he will probably never make it to a citation.^^

My Tenavik is only 4/5 as I had FO Burnham FFFE alread when he was released; similar to you seeing no reason to take her when you already had him I saw no reason to cite him but... he would be no match to her in any way, even if FF.

Fingers crossed that you will not regret this in a few months but rather avoided your personal Laborer Spock. ;)

These are perfectly reasonable arguments. My plan is to cite him ASAP as he's filling a gap in my roster and I don't really have any good 3/5 candidates right now. That's expensive but worth it. If the MED crew I need pops up in a behold before I level him up during the next skirmish he gets pushed back to second but that's it.

I'm not too worried about getting the absolute best cards ever especially when they contribute so little to me today. Getting the gauntlet crew and getting to 8h across all skills is more important than having one more disco shuttle going right now and that's what I'm going to do. Assimilated La forge is only like 6% behind in terms of voyage totals, all in all this is the kind of loss I find acceptable and he's still main cast with plenty of events.

I see building a roster as a step-by-step act, if some of the foundations prove to be less relevant later on that's how it's supposed to work. Getting more chronitons, merits and honor is far more critical than saving my shuttle boosts during disco events right now and until I'm comfortable with my earnings this will remain the priority.
  • Options
    After almost two years of playing, getting the strongest cards is my main goal. Sooner or later core roster are these 10-15 cards doing most of the work.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    u0ej7bbtv9lx.png

Took Cochrane but I don’t expect him to contribute for a long time.

Mirror Cochrane is pretty good with a million traits. I think you will like him.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    u0ej7bbtv9lx.png

Took Cochrane but I don’t expect him to contribute for a long time.

Mirror Cochrane is pretty good with a million traits. I think you will like him.

Agreed - even though his raw power has been eclipsed by other ENG/SCI crew, he’s got a fantastic set of traits that help both on voyages and during the Pilot mega event. I could envision future mega events around either the Cultural Figure trait or related to the Mirror Universe as well.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Tier-10 - one of the best 10x premium packs I've had in almost 3 years of playing STT!

My pack had 3 x beGolds! In my excitement, I forgot to take screen captures.

- added a star to Captain Sisko (other options were new crew)
    - added a star to Mobile Doctor (other options were new crew)
    - 1st star for Lt. Commander La Forge (other options were new 2-skill, one-off guest star crew, who I didn't need for cryo collections --> Ambassador Soval was one of them)
  • Options
    SvenLundgrenSvenLundgren ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Tier 10
    4* for Lieutenant Chekov
    Starfleet Commission: August 12, 2017
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I opened 10 packs at once, one of which was the Tier 10 pack. So I can't say for certain that this result is from that pack, but I needed to post this somewhere. (It was the only useful crew outcome from the packs).

h5q5nlh7hc53.png

q6gr3cjacd9b.png

In a vacuum, this was a tough behold, but Gary Seven has been on my wish list for a long time, so the decision was quite easy.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I opened 10 packs at once, one of which was the Tier 10 pack. So I can't say for certain that this result is from that pack, but I needed to post this somewhere. (It was the only useful crew outcome from the packs).

h5q5nlh7hc53.png

q6gr3cjacd9b.png

In a vacuum, this was a tough behold, but Gary Seven has been on my wish list for a long time, so the decision was quite easy.

I'd argue that, for once, the only way to go wrong was to add the star. Both of the other two are worth making space for. Congrats!
  • Options
    Nothing but Honor in the 10 pull, but the single pull today was a begold with Mirror Spock (1/5), Admiral Janeway (0/5) and Prince Bashir (5/5).

Added the star to Spock as he can be useful in the Arena and in Skirmish events. Plus its Spock. :)
    Captain Bubble Bobble
  • Options
    At least it was all honor. Straight drop of someone I already had. Forget who.

chltjo7107sw.png
  • Options
    ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tier 30:
    chc4j55ko9qd.jpg
    Honor and mostly useless schematics.
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    8orsvbq5tkr8.png

bhd7hzbtfk4y.png

Tier 30.
  • Options
    2nd star for Danar.

h4qc4v13su64.png
  • Options
    mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    T30 - Straight drop Commander Barclay (already frozen). All honor and schematics
  • Options
    IvlainIvlain ✭✭✭✭
    T30: Straight drop of Big Show, tons of honor. Useful Reliant schematics.
  • Options
    marschallinmarschallin ✭✭✭✭
    Straight Drop of Admiral Picard. Woof.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honor (straight Civil War Worf) and replicator fodder.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    SvenLundgrenSvenLundgren ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Tier 30 - 1000 honor and 150 useless schematics
    Starfleet Commission: August 12, 2017
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    T30 Honor. :-(
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got two beholds at tier 30 . . . all six crew were already in my freezer. Sigh. I've become that guy.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Tier 30 BeGold:
    * 2nd star on Chancellor L'Rell
    * 3rd star on Dark Ages McCoy
    * 2nd star on Gladiator McCoy

Chose 3rd star on DA McCoy
    Most anticipated character not in the game: Mr. Homn
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭

These are perfectly reasonable arguments. My plan is to cite him ASAP as he's filling a gap in my roster and I don't really have any good 3/5 candidates right now. That's expensive but worth it. If the MED crew I need pops up in a behold before I level him up during the next skirmish he gets pushed back to second but that's it.

I'm not too worried about getting the absolute best cards ever especially when they contribute so little to me today. Getting the gauntlet crew and getting to 8h across all skills is more important than having one more disco shuttle going right now and that's what I'm going to do. Assimilated La forge is only like 6% behind in terms of voyage totals, all in all this is the kind of loss I find acceptable and he's still main cast with plenty of events.

I see building a roster as a step-by-step act, if some of the foundations prove to be less relevant later on that's how it's supposed to work. Getting more chronitons, merits and honor is far more critical than saving my shuttle boosts during disco events right now and until I'm comfortable with my earnings this will remain the priority.

I've fiddled around with a method to determine what crew would be good additions to my roster (for voyages) that both incorporate my current roster (pretty average - all the mega event 5*s immortalised and slowly boosting other 5* crew) and the Big Book tiers.

All I can say is that FO Burnham has a rating that is 4x higher than Assimilated La Forge (Shran is at 1/3 of La Forge).

If you compare Burnham to other crew from Tier 1, 2 and 3-skill combos I do not own ... then the best addition for me overal is actually Away Team Burnham (tier 3 in BB) - a 5x better addition than FO Burnham (#2 is Warship EMA, #3 Imprinted Archer, #4 Stranded Quark, #5 Gary Seven).

So ... you are right, the Big Book should not be the only thing that guides a decision ... but on the other hand, someone like La Forge will be outdated on your roster quicker than someone like FO Burnham. La Forge is strong (still in general a good choice)... but is starting to show his age a bit.
    Consider someone like Solar Sails Sisko (same 3 skills, slightly different order) who we all got for free and has an excellent ENG base, he might have been a good recipient of some citations if ENG was an issue no?

Lastly ... I actually do own Assimilated La Forge (2/5), and even at 65% he doesn't make it onto my Gauntlet squad anymore ... I threw him in a couple of times, but he's only bound to disappoint I found, he's not that good really.