Options

New 5* in Vault - Dark Empath Troi

2»

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I want this card! Do I break my rule of no Tuesday roulette and give it a shot?

I am tempted as well. Same no tue pk rule. Nvr get anything. Hm?? It will be avail for a few days. I will think on it.

This is where I wish they would make a 5 pulls for x $’s or 10 pulls for x $’s offer. Call me crazy but I would rather spend my money on roulette than my dilithium.

I'm actually with you. But since there have already been two Troi's in campaigns (Durango and Tipsy), I'm going to pass on Tuesday roulette and hope to see her mid next year.

Agreed. The artwork and fun skill combo made the packs awful tempting, but I can resist and save up dilithium for something a little less chancy.

Durango Troi has been in the campaign? I don’t remember her being there. Just Drunk Troi. When was she in?

The little "Test" Campaign? With Worf as the Sheriff?
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭

I am tempted as well. Same no tue pk rule. Nvr get anything. Hm?? It will be avail for a few days. I will think on it.

This is where I wish they would make a 5 pulls for x $’s or 10 pulls for x $’s offer. Call me crazy but I would rather spend my money on roulette than my dilithium.

I'm actually with you. But since there have already been two Troi's in campaigns (Durango and Tipsy), I'm going to pass on Tuesday roulette and hope to see her mid next year.

Agreed. The artwork and fun skill combo made the packs awful tempting, but I can resist and save up dilithium for something a little less chancy.

Durango Troi has been in the campaign? I don’t remember her being there. Just Drunk Troi. When was she in?

She was in the sample campaign. You only had the opportunity to win one copy of her.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivlain wrote: »
    I have all 3 SRs, so I'll pass.

Is the $10 Falcon worth it?

Falcon remains a top shuttler/event crew for security/command. His base security score is top notch. Not such a good Voyager these days, however.

I neglected to screenshot before adding the second star from today’s deal, but the difference between 1/5* and 2/5* isn’t all that large anyway. In any case - he’ll be a good addition for most crews this week even at 1/5*, and at 5/5* would certainly blow Undercover O’Brien’s SEC score out of the water for this event...assuming the new Tyler has COM and SEC in some combination, an immortal The Falcon could probably top his COM/SEC event score as well.

lrwjyqyhg19c.jpeg
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I would have gladly chased Troi in an event but the nature of packs and randomness being rather uninteresting to me as a gameplay concept, out of curiosity I made some calculations and determined that if the odds are fair, she would cost 26k dilithium, which is twice as much as the dabo and 1.5 times the faction store price, and both are considered terrible deals. That's about $300 in dilithium at the best rate in the shop.

That's assuming no good or bad luck and with randomness being what it is it could be 100 or 1000. I think I'll be waiting for her in regular packs, in a campaign or as a Tuesday deal, I can do a lot of more interesting things than renting pixels until servers close down with that kind of money. :D

However I'd like to point out that it's the kind of crew quality I'd like to see more often in the campaigns. Gloria isn't main cast and a below average voyager and it bothers me quite a bit.
  • Options

She was in the mini-campaign to test the functionality and get feedback before the full-month campaigns started.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    5 packs....and 5 Torres. Thank you RNG, you could at least have broken the inevitable disappointment with some variety! C'est la vie....
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    n0bbfiq2cnai.png

Third star for what it’s worth, he jumped from tenth to sixth.
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    DarthTroi has the greatest COM skill of the DTrois, even as a secondary skill.
    That alone is tempting.
    However, she is still a not-so-strong SEC/COM card, even with the MED chaser.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    marschallinmarschallin ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Flemming wrote: »
    DarthTroi has the greatest COM skill of the DTrois, even as a secondary skill.
    That alone is tempting.
    However, she is still a not-so-strong SEC/COM card, even with the MED chaser.

I think the med chaser is what makes her a valuable card, at least for Voyages. Otherwise, as you say, she is a not so strong SEC/COM card, who would go to the freezer and just be unthawed for events.

Oh well, I’m not getting her anyway. 😉

ETA: Thanks to everyone who explained Durango Troi was in the test campaign. I don’t remember that at all. And yet, my Durango Troi has 2 stars, so I’m guessing I got it! They say the mind is the first thing to go. 😆
  • Options
    RikerFanRikerFan ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    5 packs....and 5 Torres. Thank you RNG, you could at least have broken the inevitable disappointment with some variety! C'est la vie....

I did 10 or 11 pulls and get 1 Borg Troi, 3 Klingon Janeways (2 in one pull) snd rest were the 4star Kes but bo Dark Empath Troi who I was after
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd argue that she's a good, but not great, card. She comes in as the #39 Voyager with two ranked pairs for shuttles (#10 CMD/SEC, #6 SEC/MED), and sits comfortably in the top 10 list of CMD/MED and SEC/MED Voyagers, and I would agree with @marschallin that her MED chaser even makes her valuable for CMD/SEC voyages. She's not the best at anything, and probably won't be a citation target for most, but she'll likely be a solid contributor as she gets those stars.

• Options
    How about fuse Darth troi with the dude from that episode (forgot his name) and get octogenarian D Troi?
  • Options
    adonibyte. wrote: »
    How about fuse Darth troi with the dude from that episode (forgot his name) and get octogenarian D Troi?

Can we please have no more 5* crew to be fused into another 5*? I consider this a rip off.

How about we not have any more fuse crew at all? But yes, at the very least no 5* fusing into 5*. It's a waste and a resource/roster sink.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

Can we please have no more 5* crew to be fused into another 5*? I consider this a rip off.

How about we not have any more fuse crew at all? But yes, at the very least no 5* fusing into 5*. It's a waste and a resource/roster sink.

I don’t know if I would go that far - fusible crew can be fun and sensible for particular characters’ situations - but fusing 5* crew to make a different 5* crew is a pretty bad deal given how hard it is to get them in the first place.

I would make an exception for very old crew who have been stat creeped. Not sure many of them fit that criteria and make sense to fuse, but I wouldn't be mad in every case.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even in that case, a fusion should add a level. 3+3 -> 5, 4+4 -> 5, that's all fair. But please no more 5 + 5 -> 5. It's also incredibly difficult to get a 5/5, so needing a 6/5 for a 1/5 is an incredibly bad deal.
  • Options
    barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did three more pulls, against my better judgment. No dice. Guess this one joins the white whale ranks.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

I don’t know if I would go that far - fusible crew can be fun and sensible for particular characters’ situations - but fusing 5* crew to make a different 5* crew is a pretty bad deal given how hard it is to get them in the first place.

I would make an exception for very old crew who have been stat creeped. Not sure many of them fit that criteria and make sense to fuse, but I wouldn't be mad in every case.

If the character is lv 100 and FE it can only be the 1/5 part of the fusion, even if he or she is 4/5 already. Being unable to fuse immortal crew for me is some kind of blocker to this idea.

And what would be a nogo is a repetition of the fact that a 4/5 Mobile Doc turns into a 1/5 Cheesecake Seven. What were they thinking?!
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭

If the character is lv 100 and FE it can only be the 1/5 part of the fusion, even if he or she is 4/5 already. Being unable to fuse immortal crew for me is some kind of blocker to this idea.

And what would be a nogo is a repetition of the fact that a 4/5 Mobile Doc turns into a 1/5 Cheesecake Seven. What were they thinking?!

You could get a 1/5 mobile doc for $9.99 when Seven was released. Between that and the dil/cites to get the purple seven 4/4 it was less than half as expensive as the usual Tuesday packs golds are.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    You could get a 1/5 mobile doc for $9.99 when Seven was released. Between that and the dil/cites to get the purple seven 4/4 it was less than half as expensive as the usual Tuesday packs golds are.

This is true. But some people already had sacrificed their 2/5 or maybe even higher Mobile Doc when the offer appeared, and now the offer is gone anyway.

If they came up with a fuse option for Drunk Troy for example which many people have at 4/5 or 5/5 now, would it be tempting to fuse her into a cool 1/5? Everything inside me says that this is just... wrong. Neither would I want to buy another Drunk Troy for 10 dollar to be honest.

But I feel like the two of us have very different views on Tuesday golds anyway. I would never chase one. I did not chase Seven or any other Tuesday purple, nor did I buy the Doc as I had no use for him at this point. I appreciate what the packs give me rather randomly but chasing specific cards is the kind of money sink I never get carried by.

But that is just me...
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't remind me. My Doc was at 3/5 at the time. "Luckily" I didn't pull any Sevens.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't remind me. My Doc was at 3/5 at the time. "Luckily" I didn't pull any Sevens.

I had a tough choice...the $10 Mobile Doc offer either could have been the fifth and final star for my 4/5* Doc or fodder for a Cheesecake Seven...I went with immortalizing my existing Doctor, since I only ended up with a single Seven after buying as many packs as I could stand to afford.