Home The Bridge
Options

Never seen this in the game... Edit Shan: new art on Google Play

Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2019 in The Bridge
When I updated the updates' update on Google play, this was one of the images for Timelines. I never saw this in the game, is this going to be a new feature?

qmtjrmfsgw8i.png

Comments

• Options
    In case you didnt know where the nacelle was?
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting might be a new hud skin I suspect nacelle might be for voyages shuttle bay for shuttle missions main bridge for everything else
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could be a future loading screen. But a new UI would be interesting, if unwelcome. Not because we don't want a new user interface, but because there's always bugs when they do that.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess would be a mobile game ad "fudging" the truth about what's actually in game. Wouldn't be the first.

Like all those “Candy Crush” clone games that advertise some kind of adventure, but when you actually play the game it is just a stupid match-3 game...
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't read too much into it, it's probably concept art from the very beginning. If there are new features to come, they will not announce them or even give hints that way.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess would be a mobile game ad "fudging" the truth about what's actually in game. Wouldn't be the first.

Like all those “Candy Crush” clone games that advertise some kind of adventure, but when you actually play the game it is just a stupid match-3 game...

Or Hero Wars, which had really neat puzzles featured in their ads but those puzzles come up once or twice ever while the main gameplay is entirely different.
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ren~ wrote: »
    Don't read too much into it, it's probably concept art from the very beginning. If there are new features to come, they will not announce them or even give hints that way.

Concept art from the beginning of Timelines before Discovery?

Why not? They teased the ship long before it aired.
  • Options
    adonibyte.adonibyte. ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

Not that long. Timelines is a full 2 years older than disco.

My vote is just fudging the truth.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭

Or Hero Wars, which had really neat puzzles featured in their ads but those puzzles come up once or twice ever while the main gameplay is entirely different.

Ugh, I downloaded that game specifically because those puzzles in the ad looked fun and original. Was not pleased to find out the game was nothing like it. I now assume most-to-all of the game ads aren't being honest about their gameplay.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Mobile games using false images and trailer videos to lure people into their app? UNHEARD OF!
  • Options

I agree it's highly unlikely this was released intentionally as a tease or for any other purpose. I don't agree that it's "probably concept art from the very beginning." The game launched 14 January 2016. The first look teaser of the U.S.S. Discovery dropped 23 July that year. It seems highly improbable CBS shared the design with DB so far in advance that the screenshot from the OP is from the game's concept art.

In any event, I'm highly curious to find out just what this actually is!
  • Options
    I love it.
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

I agree it's highly unlikely this was released intentionally as a tease or for any other purpose. I don't agree that it's "probably concept art from the very beginning." The game launched 14 January 2016. The first look teaser of the U.S.S. Discovery dropped 23 July that year. It seems highly improbable CBS shared the design with DB so far in advance that the screenshot from the OP is from the game's concept art.

In any event, I'm highly curious to find out just what this actually is!

Fair enough, you're right it can't be a concept art from the very begining. It could be aborted concept art from a UI rework that never happened though. Second best guess here. Marketing found it in a folder, thought it looked nice and added it there. If you want to learn about upcoming crew and features, don't look at what marketing does, do some data mining. Anything they install on your device is (legally) fair game for you to explore!
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    As of today, they now have those Hero Wars "how-to-loot" puzzles for ads for Gardenscapes

I don't know why anyone will download a game based on ads any more...there is no reason to expect anything.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is just a piece of art, why would this be misleading about what the game is about?

If there is a real concern than I am not seeing (google play does not show that specific art and video for me) please explain it clearly so I have something concrete to report to the team.

Thanks.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also edited the title of this thread so I will take this opportunity to ask again to be more on point with discussion titles, thank you :)
  • Options
    I think the OP just wanted to know if it was a new feature that'll be added. If so, it would be cool.
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Shan wrote: »
    It is just a piece of art, why would this be misleading about what the game is about?

If there is a real concern than I am not seeing (google play does not show that specific art and video for me) please explain it clearly so I have something concrete to report to the team.

Thanks.

Could possibly fall foul of advertising regulations in some countries.

If it looks like its part of the game, then it should be, otherwise it could be considered false advertising. In a similar way to game adverts here that have to have a disclaimer onscreen when the footage is not actual game play (but an in game video).

Plus, tinkering with ship technical stats seems kinda cool, so its disappointing that it's not a new feature (some of us are desperate for something new to do!).
  • Options

Thanks.

If it looks like its part of the game, then it should be, otherwise it could be considered false advertising. In a similar way to game adverts here that have to have a disclaimer onscreen when the footage is not actual game play (but an in game video).

Plus, tinkering with ship technical stats seems kinda cool, so its disappointing that it's not a new feature (some of us are desperate for something new to do!).

False advertising for a game that is free to download? C‘ mon folks, seriously? 😉
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks.

False advertising for a game that is free to download? C‘ mon folks, seriously? 😉

It's still a business. Why would they bother to pay to advertise if they didnt hope for returns in the long run?

How about an advert for Damar's Kanars - A new bar just 20 mins away. A free drink every day to each customer. They have a TV advert that shows a dabo table with attractive girls as a small part of the ad. If I arrived there and there wasnt even a dabo table, I might feel a bit cheated. Despite there being a free drink on offer.

I would accept that it's a very small and maybe very petty matter to complain about, but that's what advertising laws are like in some jurisdictions. I was attempting to offer DB a reason why some might consider there to be a problem since Shan asked, not necessarily something I care about much myself.