Home The Bridge
Options

Would this be asking too much??

2»

Comments

• Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vesmer wrote: »
    This is the only game I’ve played that has “reverse” logic for levels of characters (cards, heroes etc.)

I mean in other games common characters are, well, common, there’s a bunch of them, while epic/legendary characters are much less numerous (in one game I played there were only 6 epic heroes while 40+ common). But what we have in STT is exactly the opposite, and a lot of issues and dissatisfaction are rooted in this “reverse” kind of logic.

This is true enough. The difficulty in STT is that there is little to nothing to do with the 1*-3* crew (beyond a player's early months), so adding cards with in those stat tiers becomes just a vanity service for fans and collectors. Before warp-able cadet missions and starbase bonuses, the merits of various 2*/3* cards at least had to be considered. Vanity cards are fine of course, but in terms of gameplay, anything below 4* just doesn't have much value to many (most?) players.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO, they should throw the crew into "chapters" based on release dates and bifurcate the portals. New run crew from 2019 go for a premium (maybe 812k dil/pull), 2017 & 2018 crew go for the normal 650, and the OGs/year one guys go for 490.

Thank you for the endorsement of Section VIII, subsection C!

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/14355/the-big-one-a-collection-of-game-improvement-ideas-please-read/p1
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    IMO, they should throw the crew into "chapters" based on release dates and bifurcate the portals. New run crew from 2019 go for a premium (maybe 812k dil/pull), 2017 & 2018 crew go for the normal 650, and the OGs/year one guys go for 490.

Thank you for the endorsement of Section VIII, subsection C!

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/14355/the-big-one-a-collection-of-game-improvement-ideas-please-read/p1

I forgot about that part. The game could also be broken down into "seasons". So many possible variations of that idea. I tend to spend on a sure thing. Increased odds would be the next best way to get my money.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    If DB wants to continue to be stingy on legendary drops in event packs so be it. But DB could adjust the percentages and make beholds and legendaries on standard portals more common.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    As nice of an idea as this is.... Never gonna happen... But we can dream!!!
  • Options
    I love the seasons idea.....split the story chapters in to 3/4 seasons, each has a crew " allocated" to that season based on release date....eg. enterprise e picard season 1, borg queen season 2, burnham season 3 etc. Each season has a portal / premium portal that is specific to that season....but the odds of drops stay the same in newer seasons but maybe up the older ones to 2.25% drop for SRs....im well up for that.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Having thought about this question more since yesterday, I'm curious what the actual impact of a significant change to the existing premium packs (either increasing 5* drop-rate or even going so far as to add a guaranteed 5* drop in every pack) would be on DB revenue.

It's easy to write-off the suggestion and say such a change would negatively impact DB's bottom line, which would be bad since we all want to keep playing this game. However, I know there are others like myself that have drastically cut spending after reaching a certain plateau (most/all 1-4* crew immortalized), for the very reason that there is little to no value in the premium packs anymore. Most packs are likely to give us just a single 4* or 5* crew, so with the ever-expanding pool of crew to sort through, the chances of actually getting a useful 4* crew (let alone a useful 5* crew that doesn't become another in a growing list of 1/5* crew on our roster) is minimal. Of course, this would be less of an issue if the honor exchange rate wasn't such a joke, but that's another discussion for other threads.

On the flip side, if premium packs were to get a much needed jolt of value, I'd probably start spending again. At this point, I only buy the premium campaigns (5 x premium 10x packs, 822 dilithium, 4 x 5* crew, 1 x 5* citation) . I don't even go for the 10x10 (10x14 here in Canada) deals anymore, since it's likely to net me nothing more than about 8000 honor. From reading the forums, I don't think I'm the only player at this stage in their playing/spending.

So yes, a drastic change to the premium packs could have an impact on DB's revenue, but I'm not entirely sure it would be a negative impact.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a great point about the plateau. I'm there too. But would such a drastic change harm the community as others mentioned above? There might be a short term gain, but I doubt that it would last. Personally, if I saw DB basically start a giveaway like that, I would assume they're grabbing cash before they close the doors.

All that said, it would be nice to see something to address the plateau. "Season" packs to help finish a given set of legendaries seems a good compromise there. Finish one season (or just the ones you want) then move on to the next or previous season.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    Having thought about this question more since yesterday, I'm curious what the actual impact of a significant change to the existing premium packs (either increasing 5* drop-rate or even going so far as to add a guaranteed 5* drop in every pack) would be on DB revenue.

It's easy to write-off the suggestion and say such a change would negatively impact DB's bottom line, which would be bad since we all want to keep playing this game. However, I know there are others like myself that have drastically cut spending after reaching a certain plateau (most/all 1-4* crew immortalized), for the very reason that there is little to no value in the premium packs anymore. Most packs are likely to give us just a single 4* or 5* crew, so with the ever-expanding pool of crew to sort through, the chances of actually getting a useful 4* crew (let alone a useful 5* crew that doesn't become another in a growing list of 1/5* crew on our roster) is minimal. Of course, this would be less of an issue if the honor exchange rate wasn't such a joke, but that's another discussion for other threads.

On the flip side, if premium packs were to get a much needed jolt of value, I'd probably start spending again. At this point, I only buy the premium campaigns (5 x premium 10x packs, 822 dilithium, 4 x 5* crew, 1 x 5* citation) . I don't even go for the 10x10 (10x14 here in Canada) deals anymore, since it's likely to net me nothing more than about 8000 honor. From reading the forums, I don't think I'm the only player at this stage in their playing/spending.

So yes, a drastic change to the premium packs could have an impact on DB's revenue, but I'm not entirely sure it would be a negative impact.

So an event pack will guarantee the event 5*? People can buy 5 packs and get a 5/5. Why would anyone spend $100 for the offer? So all that revenue is gone. How many extra packs do you need to sell to make up for the lost revenue of the $100 packs?

Yes, it's tempting to say DB will make it up on volume, but the entire business model of a F2P game is that the revenue all comes from the top 1% of purchasers. Cutting that revenue is too big of a loss. The random extra packs from players that cut back on spending will never make up for it.