Home The Bridge
Options

That’s it. I’m done.

First it was the legendary behind that I bought from the honor hall where all 3 options were 5*. Then it was the 30 premium pulls I purchased and got a grand total of 0 legendaries. Thank you DB for freeing up my expendable income.

Comments

• Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    With the premium pulls, such outcomes have been rare in my experience, but it does happen. I have done as many pulls before and hit zero legendaries. With a behold that gives all options already immortalized, I have seen that one frequently.

RNG is a cruel mistress...
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    There a several reports of not getting a gold in over 60 and 70 pulls. I have had my dry spells, but nothing that long.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Soup wrote: »
    First it was the legendary behind that I bought from the honor hall where all 3 options were 5*. Then it was the 30 premium pulls I purchased and got a grand total of 0 legendaries. Thank you DB for freeing up my expendable income.

Only buy event packs, using dilithium to buy premium packs is a poor use of your money.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    CB4_V'ger wrote: »

Only buy event packs, using dilithium to buy premium packs is a poor use of your money.

30 packs sounds like yesterday's offer bought twice. ;)

I did that too and got 2 legendaries out of it. Better than 0 but still underwhelming. But at least I got 6k Dil + 6k chrons, I consider the packs as a goodie in this offer.

The constant pack disappointment is the reason I never buy 10x10 for 10$.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the last 4 or 5 times I've bought event packs (as in 4 or 5 faction/skirmish events) I got the existing character every single time. Not even a surprise behold in them. Really makes you depressed at the amount of money you spend for a little honor.
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buying pulls is always a daunting experience to me. They're not worth the frustration. I'm more excited by event rewards these days, at least you know what you're getting. This game relies on frustrating you just enough so that you spend more but not enough for you to quit entirely. If they're not getting your money with the expensive themed and event packs, they will get it with the Tuesday crew offers, and if they're still not getting it, they will get it with campaigns. At that point you want the card so badly that you will cough up the cash because DB is in full control of how we value the said cards and the narrative they build with their $300 Tuesday pack crew is that they're extremely valuable even if we're merely renting a line in a database until the servers close down.

It's not just premium pulls, it's an entire ecosystem, and you're either in or out but there is no middle ground, and the fact that you're extremely annoyed right now is part of the intended experience.
  • Options
    We have been down this brick path of math before. The RNG excuse/fact how the game is unfair is beyond old.
    When it is advertised as 1.27% of a legendary per 10 pk premium pull, to an average person you expects that equals approximately one 5* in 100 cards.
    But the math has been broken down to explain % and so forth in other threads like this.
    And DB C/S explains the 1.27% not as a guarantee but as a chance per card. So as explained by them, each card dropped has a 1.27% chance of being a 5*. And this “per card chance” has nothing to do with how many pks you pull consecutively.
    I have said before the way the advertising is stated is misleading to the person who expects a % to be a fact, and DB calls it a chance. It needs to be reworded.
  • Options
    VesmerVesmer ✭✭✭
    And this “per card chance” has nothing to do with how many pks you pull consecutively.

I’ve said it before too - aye it has. The more packs you do - the more chance you have to get a legendary. If it’s a real decent RNG, of course.

• Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have been down this brick path of math before. The RNG excuse/fact how the game is unfair is beyond old.
    When it is advertised as 1.27% of a legendary per 10 pk premium pull, to an average person you expects that equals approximately one 5* in 100 cards.
    But the math has been broken down to explain % and so forth in other threads like this.
    And DB C/S explains the 1.27% not as a guarantee but as a chance per card. So as explained by them, each card dropped has a 1.27% chance of being a 5*. And this “per card chance” has nothing to do with how many pks you pull consecutively.
    I have said before the way the advertising is stated is misleading to the person who expects a % to be a fact, and DB calls it a chance. It needs to be reworded.

And that is exactly what their advertised drop rate means. I'm sorry you got burned by this, but just because you didn't understand the offer doesn't mean it's misleading.
  • Options
    Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to our exclusive club of no 5*s guaranteed. You are in great company <3
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭

How should it be reworded? It is accurate that there is a 1.27% chance. If your hypothetical person doesn't understand how probabilities work to that degree, I don't see how that's anyones responsability other than the school system.
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

How should it be reworded? It is accurate that there is a 1.27% chance. If your hypothetical person doesn't understand how probabilities work to that degree, I don't see how that's anyones responsability other than the school system.

The problem is people simplify odds. When you see 1,27% in many heads this means 1 out of 100 cards is guaranteed 5*. Thinking that each separate card has 1,27% is too complicated.

Of course tis is not correct but when you buy 30 10x premium pull (300 cards) and not one is 5*, people get mad, even though this is how the system works.
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    HaBlack wrote: »

The problem is people simplify odds. When you see 1,27% in many heads this means 1 out of 100 cards is guaranteed 5*. Thinking that each separate card has 1,27% is too complicated.

Of course tis is not correct but when you buy 30 10x premium pull (300 cards) and not one is 5*, people get mad, even though this is how the system works.

Well there is a 2.16 % chance for this to happen. If you experience this several times or with even more packs than just 30 people tend to feel betrayed.

I said it once, I will say it again: I doubt that each card has an equal chance of 1.27% to be a legendary. I think the implementation does not have a bell curve which is what people expect when they read the odds. Instead I think there is a much higher chance for outstanding good and outstanding bad results. 1.27% was likely only the chance they could arithmetically make out of the given implementation when they were forced to publish the odds.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    oh gee wiz.
    I suggest that the title above the % section that says “drop rate” be re-worded to say “drop rate chance”.
    Its really not all that difficult to see how my hypothetical average person expects a 5* to drop within 100 cards.

Example: When u get an advertisement or coupon for a store that says 20% off, and that item is listed as normally priced at $100.00, you pay $80.00 for that item with the 20% off.

This is what the average normal person expects from a % add. And that is not hypothetical. In regular daily life a % ad is basically reduced to 1 part in 100.

This is how most ppl perceive % to work in daily life, therefore what they expect.
    The average daily person is not told, oh your 20% Off coupon was only a “chance” not a guarantee while paying the $80.00.

In actually; percentage, odds, chance are all relative terms in math. I am not disputing the terminology or definition.

So in order to avoid upset, and threads that are titled “Thats it, Im done” i suggest simply placing the word “chance” after drop rate.
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »
    %

If you go to a carnival that has a wheel with 10 slots and it says a 10% chance of winning a prize. If you spin the wheel 10 days do you expect a guarantee that you will win the prize?

Lol. You kinda just proved my point. In your example the wheel says
    “10% chance of winning”
    there are 10 slots with 1 being the winning slot. You clearly understand Visually and with the Written Odds you MAY or May not hit the 1 in 10 winner slot.
    Again, all i am suggesting is to add the word “chance” to avoid angry/upset players who quit.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    %

If you go to a carnival that has a wheel with 10 slots and it says a 10% chance of winning a prize. If you spin the wheel 10 days do you expect a guarantee that you will win the prize?

Lol. You kinda just proved my point. In your example the wheel says
    “10% chance of winning”
    there are 10 slots with 1 being the winning slot. You clearly understand Visually and with the Written Odds you MAY or May not hit the 1 in 10 winner slot.
    Again, all i am suggesting is to add the word “chance” to avoid angry/upset players who quit.

I am afraid that this will not change anything for angry players. I think the vast majority fully understands statistical basics and that chances are no guarantees no matter what it is called. I do.

Still if I pulled 90+ 10packs without a gold like someone vented on the forum I would go crazy, and likely I would rage quit long before I reached that number of blanks.

Just like there should not be multiple legendaries in normal packs as often as they are there should not be such lengths of drought that frequent. RNG really could use improvement imho. At least there should be a pity counter like suggested several times and repulls for all-FF beholds.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I once heard someone say for every pack pulled give it a pity percentage increase. Like when you don’t get a super rare reward in galaxy events, they give you 5% percent of a chance each time until you get one, 5% may be a bit much but something like that may be cool. Now let the opposition to that begin
  • Options
    marschallinmarschallin ✭✭✭✭
    I think what would be good is to automatically give the legend if the person has gone twice as long as the odds suggest without getting the legend.

For example, if the odds say you should get a legend, on average, every ten packs, if you do not get one after 19 packs, then the 20th pack will automatically award one.

Of course, I could just be salty about pulling 30 packs in a row without a legend...
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another week of trying for the event pack (This week, Priestess Siranna) and of course, of course I get Worf. Whom I've had FF for about a year and a half.

This is why you don't buy packs.
  • Options
    Because someone I know is bogarting all the legendary pulls of late.😂