Home The Bridge
Options

Back to the poor artwork? (wink, wink)

DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2019 in The Bridge
That new Legendary looks just like Tom Paris........

Edited the title... ~Shan
What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?

Comments

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So...you aren't aware that the actor (Robert Duncan McNeill) WAS Locarno before he played Tom Paris? Or are you just trying to be funny? (Hard to tell without emojis I guess.)

Yes, an emoji would have cleared up any confusion

• Options
    :|:|:|
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    But how can they be the same person .... that would only be the case if they were avoiding.... a ... contract..... clause....

Pull up all craft pull up, it’s Tom Paris I mean Locarno.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    bzx7guryuu9i.gif
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scott's usually just a troll...

Real talk though his legs look weird. Not quite sure what it is but they just seem off.
  • Options
    Amphistaff wrote: »
    Scott's usually just a troll...

Real talk though his legs look weird. Not quite sure what it is but they just seem off.

I prefer "comedian". But, have a nice day any way?
  • Options
    Amphistaff wrote: »

It's those cadet hawt pockets. Will add bulk to any thigh.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    So...you aren't aware that the actor (Robert Duncan McNeill) WAS Locarno before he played Tom Paris? Or are you just trying to be funny? (Hard to tell without emojis I guess.)

I dunno, I kind of prefer the dry humour/sense of uncertainty when people don't give too much away with emojis.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

I dunno, I kind of prefer the dry humour/sense of uncertainty when people don't give too much away with emojis.

It did spur a whole slew of comments so your strategy worked

• Options
    But how can they be the same person .... that would only be the case if they were avoiding.... a ... contract..... clause....

What the creators of Voyager were avoiding was called a character bonus. It is a fee paid to a writer who invents a character. This wasn't about Robert Duncan MacNeill. It was about Ronald Moore and Naren Shankar. Since Jeri Taylor and Rick Berman were getting creator credits, they would not need to get separate character payments per the Writers Guild of America. If they used Locarno instead of creating Paris from scratch, then Moore and Shankar would each get a small payment for each off the 174 episodes of Voyager plus residuals in perpetuity. Taylor and Berman liked Robert Duncan MacNeill's performance as Locarno, but didn't want to pay the character bonus.
  • Options
    [quote="Banjo1012

[/quote]

😂🤪😂😜😂😜🤪
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JayBeezy wrote: »

What the creators of Voyager were avoiding was called a character bonus. It is a fee paid to a writer who invents a character. This wasn't about Robert Duncan MacNeill. It was about Ronald Moore and Naren Shankar. Since Jeri Taylor and Rick Berman were getting creator credits, they would not need to get separate character payments per the Writers Guild of America. If they used Locarno instead of creating Paris from scratch, then Moore and Shankar would each get a small payment for each off the 174 episodes of Voyager plus residuals in perpetuity. Taylor and Berman liked Robert Duncan MacNeill's performance as Locarno, but didn't want to pay the character bonus.

Thank you for that explanation. (Seriously) Saved me from looking it up. Not sure how I feel about it. Is it a clever way to bypass union rules, disrespectful to the writers, or a disservice to fans? Maybe a little of each?

Any clever way to bypass union rules is ok in my book
  • Options
    adonibyte.adonibyte. ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Mabe both Paris and Lacarno are the same person, well actually the same Q posing as human and actually have orchestrated the whole timelines crisis as a means of discrediting the idea that they are two separate characters played by the same actor. . . .

And this is actually the final event. Where Paris/Lacarno Q destroys the universe.

Hmmmmmm....... ever thought of that one?
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    JayBeezy wrote: »

yup in other words a De Facto Contract Clause, apologies for my non specific; pithy, whippy, snippy.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Locarno > Paris IJS.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    for all: it was supposed to be Larcano on VOY but they'd have to pay thr writers of the script for First Duty for the rights so they invented another character simmilar to him, ie Valeris in STVI was supposed to be Saavik.
  • Options
    The story that I recall hearing about casting Tom Paris, is that they were looking for an actor that had the qualities and look of Locarno, but couldn't quite find someone that they liked to fit the part. Finally, they just asked, "why not get Robert Duncan MacNeill to play the role"?
    I don't recall anything about character creation or royalties being mentioned, though.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Memory Alpha is to be believed, the writers of Voyager have said they view Locarno as "irredeemable." To which I would have said, 1) it would have been interesting to see an irredeemable character as a main cast character on a Star Trek show, and 2) yeah, it was the money.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    Mea Culpeper. I forget my humor doesn't translate to print......

😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁
  • Options
    Maybe Locarno was an alias, as Paris disliked his father and did not want to be singled out as a "Starfleet brat" from his classmates.
  • Options
    The art on the new McCoy looks terrible....in the face anyway
  • Options
    The art on the new McCoy looks terrible....in the face anyway

Sadly true.
  • Options
    I know he is gonna end up with "You tried to kill my dog, but by all means let me apologize to you" Archer on some of those creative Bridge Crews......

Limbo Crew, FTW.......