Home Engineering Room
Options

Is the game down or is it my client?

Been trying to login for 30 minutes. Is anyone else having the same issue, or is it my client? I’m on ios

Best Answer

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I have let the team know and we are looking into it.

What you can indeed try is closing that Sign In Error pop up with the X found in the top right corner, that will bring up the account management window where you will be able to sign in with the credentials attached to your account.

So either an email address and a password, or using FB connect with your FB profile.

If your account is not registered then that is not an option unfortunately.

Answers

• Options
    I'm on Android so probably doesn't help much but I'm logging in fine, hope you get it resolved soon.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    I'm on Android and I've been unable to log in for the last 15 minutes. Might be something to do with logging in with b Facebook... so I think something is not working for sure.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    No issues here over the last half hour or so.
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    down for me now on android.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Working for me and i'm on ios
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    I got in fine on steam. but it looks like on my android device it wants me to sign in on facebook so... not sure how that can be resolved.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you experience issues like these it would really help to provide more information like the message you are seeing.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    V. wrote: »
    I got in fine on steam. but it looks like on my android device it wants me to sign in on facebook so... not sure how that can be resolved.

How do you sign in usually?
    What makes you think that your android device wants you to sign in with FB?
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »

Sorry, I guess it was just the regular signin screen with facebook on the right and email on the left. I hadn't seen this in well over a year, but was able to guess the password and got in.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »

Sorry, I guess it was just the regular signin screen with facebook on the right and email on the left. I hadn't seen this in well over a year, but was able to guess the password and got in.

Thank you for clarifying and I am glad you were able to get in :)
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    On sign in it says "An error occured during sign in. Please try again later. " I am on ios 13.2.3 Tried rebooting, shifiting cellular to wifi, etc

• Options
    I am experiencing a login error with "An error occurred during sign in. Please try again later " I am on a Samsung S8 version 7.3.0. I think i am login in using FB but I am not 100% sure.
  • Options
    I was trying to log in and got a screen where I could enter a log in so I used my DB account and I got right in
  • Options
    I am getting the same message. "An error occurred during sign in. Please try again later " My game is not linked to a DB account. Any ideas when this will be fixed?
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually did a complete client reinstall and that seemed to work
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    I am getting the same message. "An error occurred during sign in. Please try again later " My game is not linked to a DB account. Any ideas when this will be fixed?

if you keep "x" ing out of that you will get to the original login screen. the update must have forced logged us out. if you can recover your email and password you should be able to get in.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adding again what I said before as it is not where it should be.

I have let the team know and we are looking into it.

What you can indeed try is closing that Sign In Error pop up with the X found in the top right corner, that will bring up the account management window where you will be able to sign in with the credentials attached to your account.

So either an email address and a password, or using FB connect with your FB profile.

If your account is not registered then that is not an option unfortunately.
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Logged in with FB... Still Nada..takes me back to the same login screen. However, at that screen it tells me I am logged in via FB. lol Then, it just sits there. I use iOS by the way.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    I still have the same issues as soup kitchen above. Logged in with FB and the game stalls on the load screen. I'm using android. So maybe the mobile device type/os is irrelevant?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still have the same issues as soup kitchen above. Logged in with FB and the game stalls on the load screen. I'm using android. So maybe the mobile device type/os is irrelevant?

There is a difference between the game stalling and what Soupkitchen Riker described.
    They were seeing a sign in error pop up, closed it as advised, tried to sign in with their existing credentials and still got the sign in screen.

From what you are saying, you are not experiencing the same issue or am I misunderstanding you?
  • Options
    <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    "An error occurred during sign in. Please try again later."

Getting that on Steam. I am logged in on iOS just fine. Both are using DBID to sign in. Haven't checked on my Android phone, though.
  • Options
    I finally had to uninstall and reinstall. Aggravating that I couldn't get the share up for my squad right away, but glad it's working now and I can get the share up.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have identified the issue and are working on a fix.
  • Options
    Another player with login issues. Using android on v. 7.3 and I get an unending series of error messages followed by a prompt to use my email and PW to log in.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Victor K wrote: »
    Another player with login issues. Using android on v. 7.3 and I get an unending series of error messages followed by a prompt to use my email and PW to log in.

Are you unable to sign in with an email/pw?
    Or do you usually sign in with FB maybe?
  • Options
    RezVoyagerRezVoyager ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I’m getting the same message. "An error occurred during sign in. Please try again later " My game is not linked to a DB account it’s linked to Apple’s GameCenter login. I see my GameCenter welcome prompt then error message. I was wondering if deleting the game and reinstalling will fix issue, but I’m worried I’ll lose all my game data (I’m a long-time player). Any thoughts?

Update: Nevermind. I was able to log in using DB account. B)
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    RezVoyager wrote: »
    I’m getting the same message. "An error occurred during sign in. Please try again later " My game is not linked to a DB account it’s linked to Apple’s GameCenter login. I see my GameCenter welcome prompt then error message. I was wondering if deleting the game and reinstalling will fix issue, but I’m worried I’ll lose all my game data (I’m a long-time player). Any thoughts?

Update: Nevermind. I was able to log in using DB account. B)

Phew I am glad!

@all we are still actively working on this
  • Options
    Im getting timeline exe not responding with a blank screen and a red X in the corner through steam
  • Options
    just closes it doesnt take me to any log in and if un/reinstalled game