Home Ready Room
Options

Head vs Heart BeGold: Braxton vs Sulu

Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
My heart very much wants Mirror Sulu, but I know that Braxton is #1 in Voyages stat. Do I go for a pretty two-skill crew I may never use or a stat workhorse?

Martok’s head art takes him out of the running; I do have SOME standards...

7ffor6fwss2d.png

Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!

Comments

• Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    Braxton no doubt, you may never get this chance again.
  • Options
    Sulu, he is mega event crew this month.
  • Options
    Braxton because he is a citation magnet.

Although I can understand the problem with the TOS mirror crew - cool concept and imho all of them did deserve better. But STT has no mercy on old crew...
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Braxton makes a lot of my voyages even at 1/5. He is a top contender for citations, but I'm waiting for the new year in the slim hope of a sale. I would go with Braxton as a long-term useful crew.
  • Options
    My reasoning for Sulu is the 2 Faction events during the Mega event.
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh... I REALLY wish I could keep doing skirmishes while trying to decide...
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    VesmerVesmer ✭✭✭
    Just my half-a-penny: somehow my FF/FE Braxton doesn’t go to voyages as often as he should being “numba 1”. I’d say more - he goes on voyage really seldom, there’s better candidates almost always. But thanks to him now I realize that all that “voyager stats” are highly overrated and should not be taken into account that much.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don’t beat yourself up too much - Braxton might be the #1 voyager but he’s not great for shuttles (few COM/ENG options and plenty of better COM-only and COM/SEC alternatives). Even with his #1 ranking I rarely put him on voyages that aren’t COM/ENG or COM/SEC...I’ve got enough 4-5/5* legendaries that he’s not really a better alternative than most crew for other types of voyages.

I leveled my 1/5* Mirror Sulu and expect to get some good use out of him next week and for the final event in the mega. Who knows...maybe he’ll be the $10 special feature this week?
  • Options
    marschallinmarschallin ✭✭✭✭
    Shy Khan wrote: »
    Don’t beat yourself up too much - Braxton might be the #1 voyager but he’s not great for shuttles (few COM/ENG options and plenty of better COM-only and COM/SEC alternatives). Even with his #1 ranking I rarely put him on voyages that aren’t COM/ENG or COM/SEC...I’ve got enough 4-5/5* legendaries that he’s not really a better alternative than most crew for other types of voyages.

I leveled my 1/5* Mirror Sulu and expect to get some good use out of him next week and for the final event in the mega. Who knows...maybe he’ll be the $10 special feature this week?

Well, for my sacrifice of Braxton, the RNG gods gifted me a Captain Spock from a random Merit Reward pull I made today, so my TOS universe grows :)

Plus, all I need now is Astrosciences Sulu for my Takei collection to be complete!

I think you’ll feel happy about your decision. I’ve never regretted taking crew I really liked over crew who were technically “better”.
  • Options
    SpukkZSpukkZ ✭✭✭
    Shy Khan wrote: »
    Plus, all I need now is Astrosciences Sulu for my Takei collection to be complete!

I wonder, have you been tempted by the 490 dil discount packs this week, and did you get lucky?