Home The Bridge
Options

January 2020 Campaign ideas

mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
Over half way on the December Campaign. Anyone have any ideas or shortlisted crew you would like in the campaign?

I wonder if DB might be preempt the Picard series and do a pair of cards related to Picard (though we already had a Picard campaign). Quite certain they will run a Picard mega for Feb so not sure if it would make sense to tie the Jan campaign to it.

January is also the birthday for Nog (perhaps a memorial campaign?) and McCoy so that could also be interesting.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    My prediction for the January campain:

5* Abraham Lincoln
    4* The President of Earth

I see this more as a February campaign...either way, I would be happy about it so I could finally immortalize my oldest 1/5* crew.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭

5* Abraham Lincoln

I see this more as a February campaign...either way, I would be happy about it so I could finally immortalize my oldest 1/5* crew.

Good point, I got my months crossed up, I wish to table this prediction until February!
  • Options

5* Abraham Lincoln

Good point, I got my months crossed up, I wish to table this prediction until February!

Tabled until February.
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice to get an ENG or MED primary crew in the premium track. And in case the new Scotty won't have Jury Rigger, it would be nice if the legendary had that trait :D

This, but typically, most people request thematic campaigns which means DIP primaries, and so far it worked, so get ready for that.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 🌟 Science Division Lieutenant Junior Grade Picard from "Tapestry".
    5 🌟 Retired Picard from the "Picard" trailer.

Galaxy Event week of the February Picard Mega:

New 4 🌟 Naussican
    Existing 4 🌟 Lt. J. G. Picard

Those two Fuse for 5 🌟 No Rugrats Picard......
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Shouldn't a January campaign be about New Year's Resolutions? Seems like everyone's resolving to get fit. Maybe a couple athletes, then:

5 * Mountain Climber Mayweather
    4 * Buck Bokai
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm all for Buck Bokai and Niners Sisko. Meowntain Climber Meoweather would be purrfect, too. :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    Buck Bokai and Niners Sisko for February or March, in honor of MLB spring training!
  • Options
    OK, this is getting out of hand, who taught @DScottHewitt how to make those stars?!

;)

When I type "star" it is in the middle of the auto-suggest at the top of the keypad. I'm on a cellphone. Cool to get confirmation that everyone else sees them too!!!!!

🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱
    🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻
    🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡
    🙈🙉🙊😻🤖
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    I'm all for Buck Bokai and Niners Sisko. Meowntain Climber Meoweather would be purrfect, too. :)

I have the purrfect Emojis to like your post:

😻🐱😸😹🙀😽😼
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, this is getting out of hand, who taught @DScottHewitt how to make those stars?!

;)

It's unicode, you can have 💩 all 😡 the 😭 forbidden 🙄emojis. 🤑
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

;)

When I type "star" it is in the middle of the auto-suggest at the top of the keypad. I'm on a cellphone. Cool to get confirmation that everyone else sees them too!!!!!

🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱
    🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻
    🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡
    🙈🙉🙊😻🤖

You're on a cellphone? Does that mean you can play when not at the library?
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »

;)

🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱
    🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻
    🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡
    🙈🙉🙊😻🤖

You're on a cellphone? Does that mean you can play when not at the library?

That is how I got top 600 last week to get Uhura. Assurance increased our data from 2.15 to 3.15 gigs plus gave us an extra 5.75 gigs for December. The App uses about .03 gigs a day.
  • Options
    mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭

5* Abraham Lincoln

February is Lavar Burton, Brent Spiner and Jeri Ryan's birthdays so Im theres a good chance of an engineering trait (science in Seven's case). Also Data and Seven would work well with the new Picard series though having seen Scrooge Data, I doubt it will be him again in Feb. But I desperately want a Geordi campaign! Interfaced or conditioned La Forge FTW :)

• Options

5* Abraham Lincoln

If I was DB I'd save this for November of next year for election day.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    January is a perfect month for Stranded Odo and Stranded Quark. Still holding out hope for that DIP/ENG/MED. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    mejoyh wrote: »
    But I desperately want a Geordi campaign! Interfaced or conditioned La Forge FTW :)
    Conditioned would be awesome, I'm all down for this. Interfaced would be DIP primary AGAIN (plus mine is immortal), so please rather not.
    January is a perfect month for Stranded Odo and Stranded Quark. Still holding out hope for that DIP/ENG/MED. :)

While Quark would at least add to a strong 1/5 for me another DIP primary was a huge disappointment.

ENG and MED primaries are overdue for campaigns!
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    robownage wrote: »
    I'm thinking a New Years theme - tuxes & gowns. Maybe Tuxedo Nog and say Anastasia K.? They could also throw us a new 4* of Janeway from that Y2K episode.

I would like to see DB avoid putting more new 5* in campaigns. While I spent for Scrooge, it feels a bit icky that he's the first card available solely through a paywall.

I'm not sure where the feeling comes from. If something is available for dilithium does that really make you feel better? I know that there is plenty of free dilithium out there but are any VIP0 players spending their dilithium on Tuesday packs?

I'll take a guarantee over a 3% chance out of pack any day (or month as the case is here)
    Member of Rise of the Phoenix.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    I'm thinking a New Years theme - tuxes & gowns. Maybe Tuxedo Nog and say Anastasia K.? They could also throw us a new 4* of Janeway from that Y2K episode.

I would like to see DB avoid putting more new 5* in campaigns. While I spent for Scrooge, it feels a bit icky that he's the first card available solely through a paywall.

I'm not sure where the feeling comes from. If something is available for dilithium does that really make you feel better? I know that there is plenty of free dilithium out there but are any VIP0 players spending their dilithium on Tuesday packs?

I'll take a guarantee over a 3% chance out of pack any day (or month as the case is here)

I'm not VIP0, but I am a very low spender. I never buy a Tuesday pack chasing the new 5*, but there have been Tuesday packs or other special packs where I have all the 4* at 1-3* and I'll buy packs until I FF someone. The best pack is when there are two 4* and you have them both at 3/4. You're guaranteed to either FF a 4* or get a 5*. It doesn't happen often, but I save my DIL waiting for opportunities like that and knowing that when I buy I can buy multiple packs until someone is FF.
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    mejoyh wrote: »
    But I desperately want a Geordi campaign! Interfaced or conditioned La Forge FTW :)
    Conditioned would be awesome, I'm all down for this. Interfaced would be DIP primary AGAIN (plus mine is immortal), so please rather not.

While Quark would at least add to a strong 1/5 for me another DIP primary was a huge disappointment.

ENG and MED primaries are overdue for campaigns!

For reference if anyone is interested. Campaigns featured:

- Command 3 times
    - Security twice (2)
    - Diplomacy 4 times
    - Science once (1).

Medicine and Engineering were never featured. It's clear that DIP or CMD would be the least welcome no matter how "cool" or unique the crew is.
  • Options
    [DC] Picard Loves Reds[DC] Picard Loves Reds ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    With this being the first campaign during Convergence Day, I am expecting a tie-in:
    CD Quark and Tourist Quark, or
    Mariach Q and Pugilist Q, or
    Seven in Silver and T.A. Seven.
  • Options
    It occurs to me that New Year's Eve will be a Tuesday this year, so if nothing else, I'd expect that week's themed pack to feature some snazzily dressed/boozin' crew.

5* Abraham Lincoln

If I was DB I'd save this for November of next year for election day.

I fully expect "Dictators, Unite! 2" to start Thursday, 29 October next year. That month is due to be a Mega-Event month, but there'll be five weekends so the 29th could easily be open for a replay. The original run was the event they ran the weekend before the 2016 U.S. election, and it's been passed over in replay scheduling since. I don't know if that cynicism is as funny now as it was then, though. But in case you want to pencil it in for crew planning decisions, it was a Faction Event and featured:

5* Interfaced Barclay
    5* Frank Hollander (pack only)
    4* Mirror K'Ehleyr (there was only one 4* in events in those days, kids)
  • Options
    After all the teasers and trailers, I want to see a new 5* Seven of Nine from the new Picard series. I dont know if it'd be in the January campaign or not, but I'd be down to drop some money of that.