Home The Bridge
Options

Chasing Voyage Exclusive Crew

Managed to fluke getting parts 1 & 2 of A Higher Duty by the four hour mark of my last voyage and decided it was worth going for part 3 to get McCoy. Well that proved to be an epic task as another 50 hours past before part 3 appeared. Not unhappy though as I got parts 1-3 for Champion of the people in the interim delivering Picard along with a stack of other goodies.

Interested in hearing how others have gone with their chase...

Comments

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got all the 2-dilemma guys many times. I've done at least a dozen 20 hour voyages, but never had the 3 part ones. I'm saving tokens now and will do a long one in about six months.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I chased down Picard a while ago, but your results are VERY common I think, it is so tempting to go for it when you luck into the first two parts early. Glad your story had a happy ending :)
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I make sure I have the tokens to run the table. Then I plan a a Voyage with high initial AM to get more for each recharge. I assume the part 3s will come at the end, so I plan for that. Then if they come early I get to end early and save tokens so I can run again sooner.
  • Options
    I've gotten Worf, Guinan, and Picard... A little over 50 hours voyages PER CARD (🤦‍♂️ I wasn't so good at remembering which dilemmas to pick so I ended up not maximizing those long voyages to get at least word and guinan at the same time) and as for the other 4, I just wait till I get good rng and get the part 2s in 8 hours
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's tempting to chase a part 3 when you get the first 2 early, but (as a public service announcement) be careful about when you decide to go for it. Optimally you'd want to have a high AM set-up so the refreshes get you more time. Also, make sure you don't have crew on the voyage that might be needed for an upcoming event - it could be many days before your voyage will return.

I lucked into Dr. McCoy at the 8hr mark of a voyage about a month ago. Wasn't going to chase the dilemma 'cause I hadn't planned for it. Just pure luck that day. Someday I will try a long voyage to chase Picard and Worf (the only ones I'm missing), but it will be a deliberate choice to send out a voyage for that purpose.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I have done two long voyages on both my accounts.

In doing it, I believe there had been a change to what you had to pick in part two to reach part three. In part two you have to pick choice B the second one to get part three. I remember it not mattering on one of them which you pick, but, I guess that was a mistake and was corrected on the Wiki.

On my first long voyage on my main account I went all the way to the last dilemma to get the final part three. On my second account I had four dilemmas left when I got my final part three.

This time I did not make the mistake of doing the three two parters. I made sure to pick the part one dilemma so part two did not show up for the two parters.

My second account on my second long voyage was able to return after doing 21 dilemmas. (33 dilemmas is the max when not doing the three two parters).

My main account took 29 dilemmas but I tried to get extra stuff and failed to set alarm so I spent another token and got a dilemma that gives superrare crew.
    Not really worth the token but I was not going to abandon the voyage so at least I got a better dilemma.

Just to remind, best to match all traits. Do not attempt long voyage if you do not have a fully leveled trait matching ship. You want to use the least number of tokens you can. Make sure you pick the right choices to get the three part crew. Because when you get the second of three part crew you will return. Someone decided to see what happens after doing the final dilemma. I believe their voyage got stuck and could not return when it reached the point where you would get a dilemma.

So you need to know how many of the 36 dilemmas you plan to do. If you do not need the voyage exclusive crew from the two parters. You can knock the total dilemmas down to 33, by answering the dilemmas appropriately so part two will not occur. You also need to make sure you are answering the three parters appropriately so you get all three parts of the dilemmas. Do not want to fall off the edge of the world because you messed up your answer on the three part dilemmas.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Picked up Picard last month ... he's now 2/4 with this campaign's citation ... was at 10 hrs with his dilemma series coming at 4, 6 and 10 hrs. I chose Picard because the two I now have left are both choice A-B-B ... easy to remember. :)

- I didn't bother chasing Guinan, as she can be obtained through an achievement. She's frozen after being cited 3 times with campaign citations.

- Slowly saving up voyage tokens to get the other two 3-dilemma crew ... there was recently a good thread on a (successful) attempt to get Worf ... entertaining and inspiring reading ... this has driven me to save up tokens for the last 2 ... real slow going.

- All 2-dilemma crew immortal, easily obtained and immortalised without citations (except Thot Gor, who I cited up before the system changed and allowed you to get more than one copy), just takes patience.
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just Dr. Leonard McCoy left to get.

I might have enough voyage revivals to get him now...
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    Saving tokens to try for McCoy, (my ONLY missing McCoy!) but I've still got a ways to go.
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    so how many of the people who have done long voyages to chase all of the voyage crew....will do it again for a second copy of voyage picard just in case there is some sort of fuse that needs him?

because i got parts 1 and 2 and tried to chase part 3 for him over thanksgiving weekend, cleared out all of the tokens in my inventory and inbox up to like 20 hours...and managed to get an extra copy of voyage mccoy who i had JUST cited up to 4/4 for the mega instead! :s
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    so how many of the people who have done long voyages to chase all of the voyage crew....will do it again for a second copy of voyage picard just in case there is some sort of fuse that needs him?

because i got parts 1 and 2 and tried to chase part 3 for him over thanksgiving weekend, cleared out all of the tokens in my inventory and inbox up to like 20 hours...and managed to get an extra copy of voyage mccoy who i had JUST cited up to 4/4 for the mega instead! :s

I've been waiting to see what happens with No Regrets Picard. Right now I need McCoy and Worf. But if Picard is worthwhile I'll take a Picard instead and then save tokens again for the final crew.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will not cite them at least that's the plan.

So I am now saving for my third long voyage.

I save superrare citations for doing merge characters. To me that makes the most sense and best use of those citations. As long as you have the crew slots.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »

I save superrare citations for doing merge characters. To me that makes the most sense and best use of those citations. As long as you have the crew slots.

My thought is merge crew I can get extra copies of from portals and normal voyages. The 3 dilemma crew I will likely only get on long voyages going for them. So I use my citations on the voyage crew until I have them all FF.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

My thought is merge crew I can get extra copies of from portals and normal voyages. The 3 dilemma crew I will likely only get on long voyages going for them. So I use my citations on the voyage crew until I have them all FF.

Ya but how many copies of them are you hoping for.
    Are you citing the 5 star instead.
    You need a total of 25 copies of the two needed crew to create an immortalized 5*. That is not that easy to achieve and for sure it is not easy to get voyage exclusive three part crew. But a 5* fully fused makes more of an impact than the voyage exclusive crew whose benefit is you can freeze them when fully fused.(and equipped)
  • Options
    I got Guinan from the achievements, McCoy and Picard from a 2-day voyage several months ago, and just got Colonel Worf about a week ago from a day-and-a-half long voyage. I also used 3 campaign citations on Picard so I never have to chase him again.
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I recent did a mega long voyage to get the first star for Picard and McCoy. I got Part 1 of A Higher Duty at hour 2 and the very very last dilemma possible was Part 3 of that dilemma. So I absolutely did not get lucky at all. Had to burn all but 1 of my tokens.

Did finish Jannar with his 4th star, which was nice.

But it's going to be a long time until I can run another voyage that length to get Colonel Worf.

EDIT: After that, I doubt I'll ever run a mega long voyage. Maybe just extend with tokens here and there for fun.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

I forgot about the chance for a stuck voyage. I would say you are right to decide to cite those three part voyage exclusive crew.

I believe I can keep from getting a stuck voyage though so for my self I will still use them for the merge crew.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    See here for further details.

It was fun reading your experience with the long voyage. I have to say I believe 28 tokens is the right amount though, which is what you started with. Someone commented that 25 was all you needed. Play it safe different crew and RNG at the beginning could still make it 28. Still might be safer to have 29. But, if you hit 8 hours without using a revive token. 28 should be fine.

Edit: I did forget about your first attempt chasing Colonel Worf. But, you learned from that experience.

For me, before voyage supply tokens I quite frequently extended my voyages with Dil.
    After, I initially would use dil. and then collect my reward of a voyage supply token, so I could extend it later in the voyage.
    I finally decided, I would never use voyage supply token unless I had enough to do a long voyage. It has been a while since I have failed to reach the 8 hour mark in a voyage, but when it happened I abandoned the voyage. If for whatever reason I forgot to return after the 8 hour dilemma and my voyage runs out of AM, I abandon the voyage. This is key, as you mention, to saving tokens. A short voyage to be worth a voyage supply token should have one of the three part voyage exclusive crew. If one really needs any of the superrare crew that drop, one could always decide on using a token. Otherwise, abandon the voyage.

The only question once you have a copy of the four 3 part crew, is whether to cite or go for long voyages to get more copies. Citing might be the better choice. I myself will try to acquire with long voyages. If my voyage gets stuck, I certainly will be disappointed in DB not being able to take care of this bug.
  • Options

It was fun reading your experience with the long voyage. I have to say I believe 28 tokens is the right amount though, which is what you started with. Someone commented that 25 was all you needed. Play it safe different crew and RNG at the beginning could still make it 28. Still might be safer to have 29. But, if you hit 8 hours without using a revive token. 28 should be fine.

Edit: I did forget about your first attempt chasing Colonel Worf. But, you learned from that experience.

For me, before voyage supply tokens I quite frequently extended my voyages with Dil.
    After, I initially would use dil. and then collect my reward of a voyage supply token, so I could extend it later in the voyage.
    I finally decided, I would never use voyage supply token unless I had enough to do a long voyage. It has been a while since I have failed to reach the 8 hour mark in a voyage, but when it happened I abandoned the voyage. If for whatever reason I forgot to return after the 8 hour dilemma and my voyage runs out of AM, I abandon the voyage. This is key, as you mention, to saving tokens. A short voyage to be worth a voyage supply token should have one of the three part voyage exclusive crew. If one really needs any of the superrare crew that drop, one could always decide on using a token. Otherwise, abandon the voyage.

The only question once you have a copy of the four 3 part crew, is whether to cite or go for long voyages to get more copies. Citing might be the better choice. I myself will try to acquire with long voyages. If my voyage gets stuck, I certainly will be disappointed in DB not being able to take care of this bug.

My Voyage crew are getting the 4* citations from Campaigns. Colonel Worf will be finished at the end of the current Campaign. Next is Dr. Leonard McCoy. I'm saving for my next long Voyage, to go after Ensign Picard. If I haven't finished McCoy via citation by then, I'll snag his fourth star the hard way since he's on a different path than Picard. That's all a few months off, though, so not a pressing concern.
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    If 28 tokens are all you need... I may start chasing that final crew in the new year
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options

This reminded me a lot of my old Post about how much I spent fully fixing Fierce Guinan and Colonel Worf.... I still sort of have stomach pains when I think of all I paid for PURPLE crew that I could've just waited on... But it was fun... Untill I calculated the cost!
  • Options
    I've got fourteen tokens presently, so looks like the first weekend of April will be when I'll run my next long Voyage. Could be sooner if we luck into some tokens as compensation for glitches or as anniversary gifts, etc. My hope is that if any new Voyage crew are to be introduced, they'll be added before then. I also hope they don't require going back through either of the three part tracks.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the tokens for another run. I also have enough citations to FF one of the crew. I could do my run now, but I'm waiting to see what happens with No Regrets Picard. Will he be worth going back to get another copy of Picard instead of McCoy and Worf.
  • Options
    Congrats Warrior Willo 😁
  • Options
    I only have Picard and McCoy because they put them in an Elusive Treasures offer a while back, and I was lucky enough to pull a single copy of each one. They've never shown up for me in Voyages.
  • Options
    They've never shown up for me either. Picard is the only purple I'm missing in game - has been for a while. I lucked out and got Worf and McCoy from ET packs. I cited up cheevo Guinan.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got Fierce Guinan from the achievement and McCoy from Elusive Treasures, and have since immortalized them both with campaign citations.

Unfortunately, the 2 remaining voyage-exclusive crew (Picard & Worf) are part of the same dilemma sequence, which means I'll need 2 lucky voyages to land at least a single copy of each. I've done several 20-30 hour voyages after getting the first 2 parts of that dilemma at hour-2 and hour-4, without success. I'm now saving up voyage tokens to be able to do an extended voyage, but it will likely be a long time before I track them both down.
  • Options
    I was lucky to get picard at 14 hours and McCoy at 8 hours. Col Worf was in a klingon themed pack and guinan was from an achievement.