Home The Bridge
Options

Captain Beverley Picard

So I know captain Beverly Picard is in the honor hall - but why? What makes her special? I’m looking at her stats and I’m not seeing why she merits 100k honor.

Comments

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I know captain Beverly Picard is in the honor hall - but why? What makes her special? I’m looking at her stats and I’m not seeing why she merits 100k honor.

The going consensus at the time was that Surak was going to go in the Honor Hall but was made Mega Event legendary and so Captain Beverly was put in instead. She is good if you need Command-Medical combined for voyages but yes she is expensive and remains unsought in my honor hall.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't have her, but I understand that she occasionally kicks rear ends in the right gauntlet.
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have her and I like her. At the time she was introduced she was really good character and there weren't any good MED/COM/DIP characters . That skill combo is quite usefull for voyages and she is also very good in gauntlet.

Now there are only 4 characters with MED/COM/DIP combo that are worthwhile and that can possibly rival her: Reverend Phlox, Age of Sail Crusher, Merry Men Troi and Humbled Archer

Maybe Gloria and Prince Bashir, but theirs MED is really low.
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    That does help...I do have Age of Sail Crusher, even though her MED is 3rd instead of Captain Beverley Crusher’s being 2nd. But 100K is still a lot to shell out for a one star gold card o_O
  • Options
    In this rare case, I did DYC her when I got her a year ago, and have not regretted it since!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In this rare case, I did DYC her when I got her a year ago, and have not regretted it since!

Same here. If you’re going to buy honor hall you gotta DYC. I was all on her bandwagon when she was the only MED/COM heavy out there (Maybe Phlox was too, I don’t remember). There are other options now but I am still a big fan of my Bev

• Options
    There was alot of differing reasons for her being an honor hall. Wether she was exchanged for Surak or not ?, she was intended to replace Kahless but then too many ppl complained there had not been enough time to earn the honor for him. so they just added her.
    If i recall it was also in conjunction with Gates Mcfadden’s birthday so that was another reason they went ahead with the release.
    You only need 1/5 for gauntlet crew. Just as with kahless. Most useful in gauntlet.
    Cyberneticist trait combined with med skill is a rare combo then include the com skill and gauntlet stats and she is a great card.
    As someone mentioned above she was one of the first to carry com/med/dip combo, and again adding the trait cyberneticist... i think? She is the only card to carry this skill and trait combo.
  • Options
    That is a lot of great info (although I’m admitting my n00bness because I’m not sure what DYC means)! Thanks!
  • Options
    That is a lot of great info (although I’m admitting my n00bness because I’m not sure what DYC means)! Thanks!

DYC is when you get a legendary and then buy another star for that legendary with the $25 add a star to that legendary offer DB gives.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Ahhh ok got it!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahhh ok got it!

You also get the equipment that crew needs and trainers to level them up to 50

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Ahhh ok got it!

You also get the equipment that crew needs and trainers to level them up to 50

Which actually (if you have Trainers) lets you take them to Level Sixty...............
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    After reading the posts.

Your only chance to do the "Double your crew" offer is when you first buy the honor Hall legendary for 100K.

If you plan to spend the $24.99, make sure that you have not had a DYC for 24 hours. Because, it will not be available if you had one. So alarm from the end of your last with an extra 24 hrs. If your previous ends in 10 hours your alarm is for 34 hours. Does not hurt to set alarm a little longer. Just be careful about all the different ways you can get a legendary. Because if you trigger it with some one else you will have to wait another 48 hours.

If you do not plan to spend $24.99 then it will be just a matter of if you cite them up with 4 citations or not.
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Use her in the Gauntlet and on voyages. Sometimes, she is a bonus character in events. I personally like all things TNG, so buying her in the honor hall was a simple decision, but not for everyone.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    Because she's the best Captain Picard. That's why.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    ByloBand wrote: »
    I've always been highly conflicted on Captain Beverly Picard. On one hand I absolutley acknowledge that her immortalized stats are both impressive and somewhat rare and therefore highly valuable, but on the other hand she basically has to be immortalized to be useful and she is very costly to get there (ie either 300,000 Honor or 250,000 Honor plus $25).

I'd like to have her, but right now I just can't bring myself to do it.

I hear ya. There are other com-med, med-com combos like Reverend Phlox, and Dr. Pollard.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    I have been hemming and hawing over buying her since she came out. With this week's winfall, I have 393k in honor and she is more tempting than ever, and yet I still hesitate. While her Med-Com combo is inviting, 3 of my next 4 cites all have both Med and Com in thier skillset: Warship EMA (Med/Sec/Com,) DF Paris (Eng/Com/Med,) and Gloria (Dip/Com/Med.) Cite #4 will be Killy and all 4 of these cards will be IMMO. Do I spend the next 100k on Beverly or not?
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this matters to anyone. I will say Phlox is slightly better in all three skills

hw81l7g6bzmt.png
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been hemming and hawing over buying her since she came out. With this week's winfall, I have 393k in honor and she is more tempting than ever, and yet I still hesitate. While her Med-Com combo is inviting, 3 of my next 4 cites all have both Med and Com in thier skillset: Warship EMA (Med/Sec/Com,) DF Paris (Eng/Com/Med,) and Gloria (Dip/Com/Med.) Cite #4 will be Killy and all 4 of these cards will be IMMO. Do I spend the next 100k on Beverly or not?

It seems to me like you could get more overall value from working on the other three than acquiring and finishing Cap’n Beverly, but I suppose that depends on how the rest of your crew are set up for voyages. I know for me that she wouldn’t be that much of a step up, but that’s because I have been fortunate in getting a good stable of other MED/COM crew.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    FWIW...her current rankings are: #144 Overall Voyager, #10 CMD/MED Voyager, #4 MED Proficiency, #1 CMD/MED Gauntlet Pair, #5 DIP/MED Gauntlet Pair, and #6 ENG/MED Gauntlet Pair (despite not having ENG lol).

IMO, get her if she'll help your Gauntlet crew, but she probably won't be worth citing up.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    FWIW...her current rankings are: #144 Overall Voyager, #10 CMD/MED Voyager, #4 MED Proficiency, #1 CMD/MED Gauntlet Pair, #5 DIP/MED Gauntlet Pair, and #6 ENG/MED Gauntlet Pair (despite not having ENG lol).

IMO, get her if she'll help your Gauntlet crew, but she probably won't be worth citing up.

Who are the 9 COM/MED voyagers ahead of her?

• Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    She's solid crew to own ... and her price tag of 100k is not really that bad (personally I feel that Honor Hall crew should be exclusive and the cost is a fair reflection of that) ... as others have said, it is the cost of the following 4 stars that is kinda the killer.

I decided ages ago that I would buy her but never got around to it, as other 5* crew dropped for me that I was a little more keen on to cite up (e.g. Insectoid).
    But, the time is right with the influx of the achievement bug that I'll finally purchase her ... I'll use the 5* citations from the campaigns I buy to immortalise her.

@Banjo1012 #10 has to be wrong there ... Reverend Phlox yes and Pollard, but the others ...
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    COM+MED Pairs, by my calculations

1. Reverend Phlox
    2. Dr. Pollard
    3. Captain Beverly Picard
    4. Mountain Climber Mayweather
    5. Warship EMA
    6. Prince Bashir
    7. Delta Flyer Paris
    8. Age of Sail Crusher
    9. Alternate Future Bashir
    10. Sulan

As I don't own Reverend or Pollard, Captain Beverly Picard is my top
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019

First, a little prepositioning: because of the way I run my Voyages, I rank Voyagers by how they'll contribute to my Voyage total aka by overall Voyage score.

This is not the only way to rank Voyagers, so take it with a grain of salt. I believe @HaBlack would've used the "top CMD/MED pairing overall" approach, which is also perfectly valid.

epo6egtig4ca.png
    [/img]
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019

First, a little prepositioning: because of the way I run my Voyages, I rank Voyagers by how they'll contribute to my Voyage total aka by overall Voyage score.

This is not the only way to rank Voyagers, so take it with a grain of salt. I believe @HaBlack would've used the "top CMD/MED pairing overall" approach, which is also perfectly valid.

dq7xscve9867.png

Adding Mulhall to that list is a bit of a stretch ... while a Doc, she has no MED ...

EDIT: Maybe you could write it in the future as #10 CMD/MED/x Voyager
    - indicates that the two first skills are the ones in the comparison.
    - Indicates that you are comparing 3-skill crew (though that should be obvious for voyage crew really).

This way you can differentiate/clarify from when you want to make 2-skill comparisons (as you do for Gauntlet, where you include the word "pair").

e.g. ENG/MED/x Voyagers would include the likes of Da Vinci, TP Chakotay, Stranded Quark, Mountain Climber Mayweather, etc.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    RaraRacing wrote: »

dq7xscve9867.png

Adding Mulhall to that list is a bit of a stretch ... while a Doc, she has no MED ...

Wow, I accidentally put in her SCI as MED. Holy fail, Batman! Correcting the original post.

And I like that suggestion - should provide added clarity. On holiday right now, so I have the time - I might do both, we'll see how I feel.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »

dq7xscve9867.png

Can confirm

dxf7igufcdh8.jpg