Captain Beverley Picard

2»

Comments

• Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    My calculations are just for voyage pairs, and that is good enough for me

lhpd55bowkuy.jpg

Mulhall is #148 of CMD+MED, and looking at my Voyges with that skill combo she is never on board
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    She's a good voyage card for me, her and Rev Phlox make frequent appearances when MED or CMD are the primary.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I think I’ll say Bev is the number 3 MED/COM voyager. Your criteria is not even prioritizing your own parameters, which are MED/COM
  • Options
    Never bought Kahless, never bought Beverly, and i have zero issues in gauntlet or voyages, nor did i ever miss them. 🤗
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Yeah I think I’ll say Bev is the number 3 MED/COM voyager. Your criteria is not even prioritizing your own parameters, which are MED/COM

It's prioritizing my parameters, the way I set them. In terms of crew with those two skills, there are 8 other cards that will give me a higher voyage total than she will. Yes, if I'm sending a CMD/MED Voyage, she would have a decent chance of making it on. But if I'm sending a CMD/x or MED/x Voyage, someone like Pollard or Phlox will get more priority because they have one of the primary skills and contribute more to my overall total.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »

It's prioritizing my parameters, the way I set them. In terms of crew with those two skills, there are 8 other cards that will give me a higher voyage total than she will. Yes, if I'm sending a CMD/MED Voyage, she would have a decent chance of making it on. But if I'm sending a CMD/x or MED/x Voyage, someone like Pollard or Phlox will get more priority because they have one of the primary skills and contribute more to my overall total.

I gotcha. The way I do it, if I have MED/COM I will put MED/COM primary and secondary in those four seats (two in COM and two in MED). So I will put three Phlox’s and Bev in those four according to if I can get a trait or two then work the rest of my voyage crew around that. So for the two SCI seats I will go one MED/SCI and one COM/SCI and so on. This is why I felt it was important to get Imprinted Archer. Anytime I get MED or ENG as a gold or silver he gets an ENG or MED seat

• Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »

I gotcha. The way I do it, if I have MED/COM I will put MED/COM primary and secondary in those four seats (two in COM and two in MED). So I will put three Phlox’s and Bev in those four according to if I can get a trait or two then work the rest of my voyage crew around that. So for the two SCI seats I will go one MED/SCI and one COM/SCI and so on. This is why I felt it was important to get Imprinted Archer. Anytime I get MED or ENG as a gold or silver he gets an ENG or MED seat

This is what I do as well. Stacking up MED-primary crew that don’t have COM (and vice-versa) for a MED/COM voyage is a way to do things but I always try to load crew with both featured skills and then use the rest of my crew to fill any holes left behind by those four main crew.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    It may be robownage is only going for 8 hr voyages and as such uses a different formula. For 10 hrs you need at least two strong crew that are strong in both primary and secondary. Then you can supplement them with crew that are strong in one skill with a weaker second skill like Warship EMA who is primary medical but tertiary command.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    It may be robownage is only going for 8 hr voyages and as such uses a different formula. For 10 hrs you need at least two strong crew that are strong in both primary and secondary. Then you can supplement them with crew that are strong in one skill with a weaker second skill like Warship EMA who is primary medical but tertiary command.

Nope, definitely going for ten hours. My crew is diverse enough these days that I can easily hit 12k for pretty much every combination of primary and secondary skills. But it's getting those other skills out of the basement that's key to ensuring longevity IMO.

When selecting a crew, I typically click on the two primary skills for each slot, see if there's anyone in the Top 5 or so who has both OR one plus the featured trait, and if not, move on to the next slot. Then I come back and fill everything out to try to balance.

Maybe this formula doesn't accurately represent the rankings I use, but it gives me an idea.

That said, I'm in the process of updating my sheets to represent both the top combined CMD/MED and the overall CMD/MED/x rankings for future use, that way everyone can leave satisfied.
  • Options
    Just my 2 pence worth: I don't think MED or CMD as a tertiary skill should be on that list, such as Delta Flyer Paris, Warship EMA, etc. Tertiary skills don't really mean anything in Voyages or Factions if you try to use them as primary or secondary skills in the slots, even with halfway decent proficiencies.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just my 2 pence worth: I don't think MED or CMD as a tertiary skill should be on that list, such as Delta Flyer Paris, Warship EMA, etc. Tertiary skills don't really mean anything in Voyages or Factions if you try to use them as primary or secondary skills in the slots, even with halfway decent proficiencies.

I agree. You gotta go large. I get the primary and secondary to 13k to shoot for that 11 hours. No way you can do that using while using one of them as tertiary in one of those slots. On the ones I can load up a third skill I will do it but make up for it in that third skill slot, only if it hits me a trait or two. For instance, right now I have a COM/SEC voyage out there. I load heavy on DIP with those as well so I can do any combo of those three skills in all six of those slots. I can get those three up to 13k/13k/11k.

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    You can go 10hrs without any crew that are primary and secondary combos if you have enough that are primary tertiary, secondary tertiary and so on. For example, I can easily go 10 hrs on Eng-Med and Med-Eng voyages without any crew that are Eng-Med as their top two skills. I have eng primary med tertiary crew like Caretaker and some Eng secondary Med tertiary like Delta Flyer Paris and Ba’ul and then some very strong Med primary like Q as God, EMA, Cornwell, Phlox and strong primary Eng like Resilient Janeway or Geordie. These were my crew, I can get the Eng and Med up to 12,000 using different combos. This particular voyage was a below average one for these crew and it still made it to 10hrs.
    acwt1dd092e2.jpeg
    bvor47loin95.png
    vo1mqglnyj4e.png
    4a9xbjkmnqd8.png
    89nf9piudwv0.png

Let’s fly!