Home The Bridge
Options

Basic Holoprogram: We need more ways to get them!

GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2017 in The Bridge
This stupid item is literally why I do Section 31 missions whenever I'm not doing an event. And they're rare there, too. You can't get them from Cadet missions without some sacrifice. For example, in EAS they're on the Elite level, which means you're sacrificing 30 chronitons if you spend 6 tickets farming them.

Plus, SO MANY characters need them. And they don't just need one or two. They need 4, 8, or more per item! I mean just think about all of the different items that are made from this.

There needs to be a standard mission where these are available. Please.

Comments

• Options
    They aren't available anywhere except the Section 31 faction store, shuttles, and EAS/ACF. You can't get them from Cadet missions without some sacrifice. For example, in EAS they're on the Elite level, which means you're sacrificing 30 chronitons if you spend 6 tickets farming them.

How about a new set of Distress Call missions with a focus on Section 31 items. Please?
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Yeah. I hate them.

Cadet missions help, but are a drop in the bucket. I usually end up just using a replicator on any gear slot that requires more than one and resign myself to just taking multiple days to finish that character.

I play the long game anyway, patience helps. If these things could drop from voyages, that would help a lot.
  • Options
    They added a set of Klingon Distress Call missions to help alleviate some of the Klingon/KCA item bottlenecks. I think perhaps a set of Section 31 Distress Call missions?

The holoprogram plus that stupid basic case files too!
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep def need another way. They almost never drop from section 31 missions and you need so many. It is crushing me cause I cant lvl up my hologram crew for the event.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    They added a set of Klingon Distress Call missions to help alleviate some of the Klingon/KCA item bottlenecks. I think perhaps a set of Section 31 Distress Call missions?

The thing about Basic Case files was a similar thread a couple weeks ago. Both items can be found in the Sec 31 Faction Center about 2x a week. Yeah, the faction center prices are ridiculous, but for those particular items, I find myself buying/farming them from faction centers any time I see them there because those 2 items in particular cost far less (50/100 merits, or 50K credits,) than the thousands of warps & chrons spent trying to get them.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    There are several PITA items, but I must agree that basic holoprograms do seem to be the worst for me personally. This week just made it way more noticeable because of leveling a bunch of holograms lol
  • Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭

The distress call missions were mostly a joke. The drop rates are still abysmal and aren't any better than the existing missions. Plus some of the most needed items weren't even in there.

ALL basic items (ideally all items period) need to have a drop spot that isn't exclusively a cadet mission. It stonewalls progress for no reason. There's already enough resource management in this game that we don't need a pile of faction-only items.
  • Options
    Clanof wrote: »
    I'm overflowing with basic holoprograms. If you really need them, what I did was continually deliberately fail Section 31 missions for almost a week, until I got down to the 30 second missions. Then pass a couple, and do a bunch of 10 minute missions (I just send out 4 shuttles, deliberately failing two of them to keep the difficulty the same). At that difficulty level they drop almost every mission, and you can run them every 10 minutes!

I had literally no idea you could do that. Thank you!
  • Options

While a brilliant strategy, it also speaks to the core issue of faction missions that at higher difficulties they stop dropping the low difficulty items. You really should be able to choose the mission difficulty you want to run, similar to missions.

That would be amazing.
  • Options
    ClanofClanof ✭✭✭
    You're welcome :)
  • Options
    But the fact is we shouldn't have to create silly workarounds like this. There should be a normal mission that drops these basic holoprograms. I mean A SINGLE item I just completed required 8 of them. That's insane.
  • Options
    Perhaps it would be a good idea if difficult to obtain faction items could occasionally drop in voyages.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Of course I'm being a bit hypocritical, there are multiple missions that drop Basic Science Experiments, but they're so hard to get that I just stock up on them during Ex Astris Scientia. For all I know, a mission for holoprograms would yield the same results.

That being said, I need a LOT more holoprograms than I'm getting. Please DB consider my original request.
  • Options
    Mordack wrote: »
    Perhaps it would be a good idea if difficult to obtain faction items could occasionally drop in voyages.

Apologies for quoting myself, but it also occurred to me that we could have them as occasional gauntlet rewards as well. I suspect that, at least for most players, they would be more useful than blue trainers.
  • Options
    IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    For example, in EAS they're on the Elite level, which means you're sacrificing 30 chronitons if you spend 6 tickets farming them.

Please remember that when you farm the Basic Holoprograms this way from the Elite EAS Cadet mission, you at the same time also are getting to farm Basic First Contact Protocols, which are an item that can by 'annoying' to farm from the regular mission Double Trouble. That is, just from the Basic First Contact Protocols you get from the Cadet missions, you could be saving yourself well over 30 Chronitons you would have otherwise needed to use.

I would also suggest that with the supply of Chronitons now coming from Voyages, getting 30 fewer on Mon/Wed/Fri from Cadet missions is not that big a deal.
  • Options
    However, running this mission means you miss out on farming basic science experiments.
  • Options
    I can't agree more. I'm farming those like crazy but for many times I end up crafting the item because of the ridiculous number of holoprograms needed.
  • Options
    Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭

Apologies for quoting myself, but it also occurred to me that we could have them as occasional gauntlet rewards as well. I suspect that, at least for most players, they would be more useful than blue trainers.

They do drop in gauntlet, just very rarely.
  • Options
    I wish they had been added to the Hirogen drop table instead of removing the reference to them there.
  • Options
    Grant77 wrote: »

So rarely that I've yet to see them! I have an abundance of 2* sensors though..
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    BelleAnna wrote: »
    However, running this mission means you miss out on farming basic science experiments.

Those have more workarounds. Not much more, but more. I only use Rockslide for textbooks for example. Operation Isolate is best for *** Alcohol. Third one is only place to get Earpiece. So you will get some even without farming them specifically. + UF.
  • Options
    Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    Grant77 wrote: »

So rarely that I've yet to see them! I have an abundance of 2* sensors though..

I think Guinan is probably more likely to drop! I think I've seen at least 2 though.
  • Options
    [10F] NewtonianQBalls[10F] NewtonianQBalls ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I think the main problem here is we have a way to get chrons faster and we get to the point of needing faction items quicker. We don’t have a quicker way of getting faction items so there are more frustrations. To solve this DB should add 1-2 more shuttles or give us a way to sell equipment, components, trainers, ship schematics, and unwanted shuttle boosts for credits so we can use our replicator rations.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I fully support and endorse the Holograms being a little more available. Since many things need them, and often multiples of them.

Scott

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    I fully support and endorse the Holograms being a little more available. Since many things need them, and often multiples of them.

Scott

Including several people who existed before holodecks...
    Maybe the irony is that we play because we’re Star Trek fans, those hopeful idealists that like to think things will get better when we raise valid concerns about fairness and balance, etc and we forget that DB’s greed openly mocks the values espoused by the franchise they have a license for.
    -Lord Wizzlestix I
  • Options
    Maybe the answer is putting something else in the champagne recipe.
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    scruffy151 wrote: »
    Maybe the answer is putting something else in the champagne recipe.

That's a good idea. It really doesn't make sense why Champagne needs holoprograms, it isn't like champagne can only be concocted in the holodeck.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    Yes, all this work is terrible.
    Just put 10^4 of all items in my inventory.....
    Everything else is to exausting for me ........