Home The Bridge
Options

Basic Holoprogram: We need more ways to get them!

2»

Comments

• Options
    DittoDitto ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    This stupid item is literally why I do Section 31 missions whenever I'm not doing an event. And they're rare there, too. You can't get them from Cadet missions without some sacrifice. For example, in EAS they're on the Elite level, which means you're sacrificing 30 chronitons if you spend 6 tickets farming them.

I have a different outlook on this.

I use cadet missions to farm alot of these items ...
    for holoprograms, I do the Normal - 3 on Thursday. The rewards for that day don't really interest me ... and I see that simply as the cost of farming them.
    I currently have over 100 of them in stock ... so I don't find a problem :)

But there are items that definitely have this issue, and are less available ... it does su ck for a 0* item .. regardless.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whenever I see items requiring 0*-2* holoprograms, it's insta-replication. :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    scruffy151 wrote: »
    Maybe the answer is putting something else in the champagne recipe.

Replicated champagne is all I use.

• Options
    There are many items in addition to basic holoprograms that are hard to obtain in quantity. Venting frustration is good, but let's hope that DB does NOT unbalance the game by making these items easier to get. Do your cadet missions, and use the replicator when applicable. If they do add them to some planet's drop table, make 'em not easy to obtain, and expensive. The game is supposed to be challenging, not a gimme.
  • Options
    [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cadet missions are your best chance to get them. I've been lucky and had 3 drop regularly from a single cadet mission
  • Options
    C-Note wrote: »
    There are many items in addition to basic holoprograms that are hard to obtain in quantity. Venting frustration is good, but let's hope that DB does NOT unbalance the game by making these items easier to get. Do your cadet missions, and use the replicator when applicable. If they do add them to some planet's drop table, make 'em not easy to obtain, and expensive. The game is supposed to be challenging, not a gimme.

I like this. And I need some basic holos.

The purpose of games is to be challenging. I'll admit I'd like another way to get them, but only really if it is similar to the blood wine, etc from Klink space thingy. Tough is good, easy is just, well, when was the last time you bought a game for your console/pc and played on easy mode?
    ~|~|~ Rise of the Phoenix member ~|~|~

Captain level 50, approaching 100 immortals

All you need to know about Disruptor Beam
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't had a problem with holo's, myself, but a few days ago I ran out of orchids! Can't even level my new Festive Dax! :(
  • Options
    I sent out 3 shuttles for section 31 at about 35% - RNG worked perfectly, two failures and one winner - with a 0* hologram! Together with the 7 I won on EAS (I figure that's worth 30 chrons once a week) I have picked up 8 today, the most I've made in ages. I missed out on basic science experiments but I'll do those for the next two. The beauty is, you need exactly the same crew for both missions so that's actually a great way to grab those. Thanks everyone for the advice, that's helped with a really annoying problem that I just replicated away with no regard for credits!
  • Options
    I gotta laugh at RNG. Just had two of three successes at 25-30%. That's as good a rate as the 80%+ I was sending out during the event. Oh well, it will come down sooner or later. I want the 10 minute runs again lol
  • Options
    Clanof wrote: »
    I'm overflowing with basic holoprograms. If you really need them, what I did was continually deliberately fail Section 31 missions for almost a week, until I got down to the 30 second missions. Then pass a couple, and do a bunch of 10 minute missions (I just send out 4 shuttles, deliberately failing two of them to keep the difficulty the same). At that difficulty level they drop almost every mission, and you can run them every 10 minutes!

While it's a good strategy, don't you have problems with 2* security codes now?

Also very common item only dropped by Sec 31.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is higher difficulty shuttle missions should be dropping base items in larger quantities. I would say at my current difficulty they should be dropping 10-20 of them. The most I got was three.

By the way how is my shuttle mission a success in the first place if it does not garner me what I need. We all send shuttle missions usually looking for one specific item at the time we send it. It comes back saying success, but has none of the items I sent it for.

I mentioned this in the past for the adv. cadet mission reward. Basically a needs list. Something we attach to shuttle missions. If successful, we get more of an item.

But that would not be be necessary if high difficulty shuttle missions dropped more items.
  • Options
    I thought these used to also be available through hirogen faction. It would make sense for hirogens to have them since holoprograms literally saved their race from extinction.
    STAR TREK JUNKIES
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I thought these used to also be available through hirogen faction. It would make sense for hirogens to have them since holoprograms literally saved their race from extinction.

They never were available from the Hirogen. The game erroneously listed them as available from the Hirogen, then when people began to notice 0* holoprograms have never dropped from the Hirogen, we asked DB. They decided to remove the listing instead of actually add 0* holoprograms to the faction for real.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    Okay you could buy them from the hirogen Faction store though right? I knew I wasn’t crazy!
    STAR TREK JUNKIES
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay you could buy them from the hirogen Faction store though right? I knew I wasn’t crazy!

If by "could" you mean 'being misled to believe it was possible to purchase them from the Hirogen', then yes.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    The game would be pointless if there weren't some difficult to obtain items. Leave them difficult to get.

People who regurly check the faction stores and those who replicate items with multiple requirements will have less of an issue.

You can always airlock crew who need a lot of them.

This means managing priorities.

• Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    SMM wrote: »
    People who regurly check the faction stores...will have less of an issue.
    This would be much more effective if we had an efficient way of knowing, when checking the stores, how many of the items we already own. Been asking for this for a while now so we'd actually know what we need to be watching out for.
  • Options
    SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    Magisse wrote: »
    SMM wrote: »
    People who regurly check the faction stores...will have less of an issue.
    This would be much more effective if we had an efficient way of knowing, when checking the stores, how many of the items we already own. Been asking for this for a while now so we'd actually know what we need to be watching out for.

I agree completely. It would be simple to implement.
  • Options
    I'm overflowing with basic holoprograms. If you really need them, what I did was continually deliberately fail Section 31 missions for almost a week, until I got down to the 30 second missions. Then pass a couple, and do a bunch of 10 minute missions (I just send out 4 shuttles, deliberately failing two of them to keep the difficulty the same). At that difficulty level they drop almost every mission, and you can run them every 10 minutes!

When you did this "fail for a week" process, what was your strategy? I've been running 4 shuttles at 0% almost continuously for a couple of days now, and keep having a decent number of the come back as successes.
  • Options
    DittoDitto ✭✭✭
    Magisse wrote: »
    Haven't had a problem with holo's, myself, but a few days ago I ran out of orchids! Can't even level my new Festive Dax! :(

Yeah, I run Mon-Wed-Fri .. Elite mission 2 ... I take the hit on chrons ... and see it as a low cost for Orchids as a price ...
    as I result, I have over 100 orchids stored up, and don't have that issue any more . ;)

cadet missions require some planning .. not just blindly hammering a random Epic mission .., it's not always best for you .. IMHO .. ;)
  • Options
    I have no had problem getting these since they added them to cadet missions. They are available to farm 5 days a week.

How many do you currently have? I want to know if it is worth trying this technique. How many is "overflowing"?