Home The Bridge
Options

Excelsior or Ambassador??

Castell-NeathCastell-Neath ✭✭✭
edited December 2019 in The Bridge
Before we get the inevitable influx of Picard and Discovery Season 3 ships in the game, which of the follwing classic ships would you like to see added next to the game...ideally before the summer!??

Personally, im quite confused...even dispondant that we have a Discovery era Federation fighter, an Orion syndicate fighter, and TWO Voyagers in the game over the Excelsior. Either way, come on DB these ships are way, way overdue in this game!!

Excelsior or Ambassador?? 67 votes

USS Excelsior NCC 2000
59%
Captain DurfRocpileBardezNad Hal[QH] OxmyxNS111111dext74[SJ] Admiral AkiHungry Dog DDM12345678 of 123456789Drone_oneIsle OneSoupKitchen RikercmdrworfCaptain MurphyMatt_Deckerguest_757423444811776[Deleted User]GhostStalkerThurthorad 40 votes
USS Enterprise NCC 1701-C
14%
JhamelJim RaynorbarrydancerMirrorMartigan•§ë• Captain TatemPGHNateSisko's Self-Sealing Stembolaya [FF]Avatrunei[DSEF] Cpt.Rampo(DDM) JP Compton 10 votes
I like a curve ball...Enterprise B
16%
eXo | das411Neos472Commander SinclairK Han Solo Ng & Thank4 All DteaOdo MarmarosaDScottHewittKatlacptriosJesse JamesEnderWNElefantis 11 votes
A N Other
8%
AviTrekTravis S McClain(CSF) Jesus Is Lord [••••]Bylo BandVeterinary PhloxMirrorVerse Jc 6 votes

Comments

• Options
    ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    USS Excelsior NCC 2000
    I'd love to see the Excelsior in the game but honestly apart from being cool, it won't affect the game in any way unless they contrive a special trait for it to have. I won't pay any money for one, no matter how cool it is.
  • Options
    Castell-NeathCastell-Neath ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    USS Excelsior NCC 2000
    I was thinking introduce it in to skirmish where Captain Sulu, Ensign Tuvok and a new Rand card would give you a bonus. Make it a follow up to the event where Sulu went in to anomoly and lost it.

Or.....throwing it out there....A type of new Mega Event in which there are repreated schematics given out over 4 weeks at the 40k mark...similar to the recurring legandary card at 25k
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    What about a 3* Excelsior Class and a 5* Enterprise B?
    Or.....throwing it out there....A type of new Mega Event in which there are repreated schematics given out over 4 weeks at the 40k mark...similar to the recurring legandary card at 25k

Oh, I kinda like that idea! :)
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    USS Excelsior NCC 2000
    AviTrek wrote: »
    The Defiant when stolen by Tom RIker and the Maquis. Bring on a 5* Maquis ship. Another generic Federation ship will do nothing to improve the game.

Yes....why we have the ISS Defiant instead of the Maquis one is also odd......although its NOT really the ISS as the Terans were rebels and NOT the empire. DB should rename it really to "Mirror Defiant"
  • Options
    A N Other
    Enterprise C is very tempting, as I really enjoy the episode, but I don't know what it would really add to the game. (This being said, I'd love to get the alterate future Enterprise D from the finale, and it has the same problem.)

I think 5* ships for the existing traits that don't have one are more important.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    KatlaKatla ✭✭✭
    Enterprise B or the Excelsior, preferably the former. Hard no to the Enterprise C - it was a mess.
  • Options
    Before we get the inevitable influx of Picard and Discovery Season 3 ships in the game, which of the follwing classic ships would you like to see added next to the game...ideally before the summer!??

Personally, im quite confused...even dispondant that we have a Discovery era Federation fighter, an Orion syndicate fighter, and TWO Voyagers in the game over the Excelsior. Either way, come on DB these ships are way, way overdue in this game!!

The Pack would of course have to arrive on a Tuesday.......

Not enough "awesomes" for your timely wit!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    A N Other
    AviTrek wrote: »
    The Defiant when stolen by Tom RIker and the Maquis. Bring on a 5* Maquis ship.

I had that EXACT thought this morning, if I cannot have the Delta Flyer, this is the ship we need.
  • Options
    I personally want all ships named Enterprise.....
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    USS Excelsior NCC 2000
    3-star Excelsior Class
    4-star Enterprise-B
    5-star USS Excelsior

Since we already have Captain Sulu in the game, we could instead welcome Captain Styles as a new super rare crew. Also the legendary Excelsior Engineer Scott with the Saboteur trait. Or possibly Yeoman Christian Slater . . .
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about Baran’s ship in the TNG episode Gambit.

xlmel8ijq8l7.jpeg
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    A N Other
    Delta flyer is a must... Then that civilian ship that we help to convert into a fighter as a shuttle mission for the Maquis, it could hav the Timelines Original trait as it isn't cannon. Then I'd like a 5 star Maquis Defiant, then the USS Enterprise C
  • Options
    AvatruneiAvatrunei ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I'd like to see a Probert concept Enterprise-C, since the final version was finished in a hurry with budget restrictions. Would it have been a double episode or a three parter like originally planned, the Enterprise-C would have been much a better ship. Look at her bridge: even the battle bridge of the Enterprise-D was lightyears better.

Since they revised even a lot of the low budget ships for the original show, this would be imho likewise canon.
  • Options
    A N Other
    1st i would like to see a better “ship dock” similar to crew quarters settup. It takes too long to scroll through the shipyard.

Delta flyer, definitely

Maqui defiant? It was still the defiant. Only stolen for 1 ep of DS9. It wasnt a maqui ship. “If” we need another Defiant class i would suggest the USS Valiant.

The “generational ship” from voyager with more crew seats. For themes thread

“Boomer” ship

USS Pegasus

USS Bozemen

USS Pasteur

Several alien ships to still be added.

Lets get something different?
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have too many ships already that are worthless at low levels and nearly impossible to level up. Additionally, the ship sorting system was designed for only a few ships and woefully inadequate for the number of ships we have. I vote no new ships until the sorting is fixed and ship completion is possible.
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Generations was the first movie i actually saw in a theater when it came out, so i've always been partial to the B - but a Fed ship with transwarp drive ONLY as long as Scotty is aboard would be fun too wouldn't it? :)
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    USS Excelsior NCC 2000
    We have too many ships already that are worthless at low levels and nearly impossible to level up. Additionally, the ship sorting system was designed for only a few ships and woefully inadequate for the number of ships we have. I vote no new ships until the sorting is fixed and ship completion is possible.

I agree 100% with this. If/when the interface is fixed, however, I’d like to see the following in order of preference:

-NCC-2000 Excelsior
    -TOS Romulan Bird of Prey
    -a 5* Maquis ship (the stolen Defiant really is the only option that comes to mind, since the Val Jean was squandered as a 2* ship)
    -the Negh’Var (Prime or Mirror, no preference either way there)
    -Xindi-Aquatic Cruiser
    -Vor’Cha battlecruiser
    -Voth city ship
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was going to post much the same thing, but I'm glad I wasn't the first to do so. Thanks for taking the heat off me, David! >:)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    USS Excelsior NCC 2000
    I did this over a year ago, and I will keep posting it until *someone* gets the hint.

Since they already have the framework for it, I thought this would be a perfect idea for the ship selection UI

ca7u4x5er9ti.jpg

That looks supeb. They need to empoly it fot sure.

Know im banging the drum again here but surely iss defiant is a timelines original. The terran empire had fallen by the ds9 era.....irs simply "mirror defiant" in that episode
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did this over a year ago, and I will keep posting it until *someone* gets the hint.

Since they already have the framework for it, I thought this would be a perfect idea for the ship selection UI

ca7u4x5er9ti.jpg
    That looks supeb. They need to empoly it fot sure.
    I like it. The only thing I'd add off the top of my head would be the ship version of sending a crew to cryostasis — which we could call "Space Dock" — just so we didn't have to scroll through so many of them to find what we wanted (in Voyages, Arena, Skirmishes, or just choosing an 'everyday' ship).

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    USS Excelsior NCC 2000
    Thurthorad wrote: »
    I'd love to see the Excelsior in the game but honestly apart from being cool, it won't affect the game in any way unless they contrive a special trait for it to have. I won't pay any money for one, no matter how cool it is.

Agreed. However, even with a cool “special” slot, I wouldn’t bother with it. It’s a great looking ship, but there are already so many in the game (and some have just straight out wonky stats), that newer ships aren’t the desired item they once were. With the right set of characters on a ship, any ship can be effective. In that case, why clamor for the new shiny object?

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    A N Other

ca7u4x5er9ti.jpg

EXACTLY!!!! I have never seen your design. Great work. Excellent. That is exactly what i suggested in my comment above.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    USS Excelsior NCC 2000
    Know im banging the drum again here but surely iss defiant is a timelines original. The terran empire had fallen by the ds9 era.....irs simply "mirror defiant" in that episode

ISS Defiant is canon. From Memory-Alpha:
    The ISS Defiant (NX-74205) was a Terran Defiant-class warship that was in service to the Terran Resistance Forces in the latter half of the 24th century. The Defiant was constructed and launched in 2372 by the Rebellion at Terok Nor, in orbit of the planet Bajor. The design of the Defiant was based on specifications of its counterpart the USS Defiant which were "acquired" from Deep Space 9 in 2371. This warship proved of crucial importance in fighting the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance at the Battle of Terok Nor, and represented an important boost to the Terran's fighting power during the Terran Rebellion.

Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    A N Other
    I just remembered another ship id really like to have... The USS Promethius. And maybe it could incorporate the multi-vector assault mode in ship battles?
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    A N Other
    Thurthorad wrote: »

Agreed. However, even with a cool “special” slot, I wouldn’t bother with it. It’s a great looking ship, but there are already so many in the game (and some have just straight out wonky stats), that newer ships aren’t the desired item they once were. With the right set of characters on a ship, any ship can be effective. In that case, why clamor for the new shiny object?

I dig being able to use ships I'm fond of just for my default game view, if nothing else. Yeah, I'm gonna stick with the D'Kora Krayton for the sake of the Admiral division but I don't want to look at it outside of those five daily battles.