Home The Bridge

Starfleet Faction Center item prices

i think 500 dilithium is way over priced for 50 schematics of a Galaxy-class warship.

dmpvzsxk11d7.png

End of Mega event packs are 390 dilithium and you get far more schematics.

Premium packs at 650 dilithium is a better vslue.

If DB wants to increase daily sales then DB should re-price items in Faction centers to the same value as packs.

Comments

• Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And how about putting those new ship schematics in there? I’d pay some dilithium to max out one of these obnoxious traits that take forever
  • They have always been ridiculously high, but this seems to indicate an increase in prices? I seem to remember 50x3* schems for 75 or 100 Dils. (Not that I would ever pay that either.)

The crew is prices are simply ransom level. 15,000 dils for a 5* crew, that's around US$200
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • edited January 2020
    They have always been ridiculously high, but this seems to indicate an increase in prices? I seem to remember 50x3* schems for 75 or 100 Dils. (Not that I would ever pay that either.)

The crew is prices are simply ransom level. 15,000 dils for a 5* crew, that's around US$200

The crew price hasn't changed since launch (as far as I know....I came in about 4 months late) and we didn't have honor or citations back then so it was either a behold, a special pack, or that to add stars or get them in the first place. I really wish they could maybe utilize this function as a way to maybe finish old gold's...maybe make special sales at certain shops for say 1000 Dil and Enterprise e Picard (from federation) or Regent Worf (from KCA) or Shinzon (from Romulans) so that there would be a reason to travel to these stores on the hunt for stars to finish old gold's desperate to be frozen but at a REASONABLE price, key word with db as if they did this id suspect they'd only bump the price down to like 8000 crystals so.... Blah!!!!
  • Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have always been ridiculously high, but this seems to indicate an increase in prices? I seem to remember 50x3* schems for 75 or 100 Dils. (Not that I would ever pay that either.)

The crew price hasn't changed since launch (as far as I know....I came in about 4 months late) and we didn't have honor or citations back then so it was either a behold, a special pack, or that to add stars or get them in the first place. I really wish they could maybe utilize this function as a way to maybe finish old gold's...maybe make special sales at certain shops for say 1000 Dil and Enterprise e Picard (from federation) or Regent Worf (from KCA) or Shinzon (from Romulans) so that there would be a reason to travel to these stores on the hunt for stars to finish old gold's desperate to be frozen but at a REASONABLE price, key word with db as if they did this id suspect they'd only bump the price down to like 8000 crystals so.... Blah!!!!

Reasonable people aren't DB's customers, I think we should all keep that in mind.
  • Ren~ wrote: »

Reasonable people aren't DB's customers, I think we should all keep that in mind.

But if they have reasonable prices then they would have reasonable people purchase them, since whales (the people I believe you were referencing as unreasonable) have almost all old gold's immoed... But yeah doubt db will be (enough italicization already) reasonable in pricing if they did this.
  • Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Ren~ wrote: »

In your never ending quest to insult everyone you have now covered everyone who is not VIP0.

So I insulted myself? Is that an achievement?

In your never ending quest to insult everyone you have now covered everyone who is not VIP0.

Yes and no

• Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes and no

Morale of the story, it's only an insult if you chose to see one. :)
  • Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    15,000 dils for a legendary crew? That is almost $150.

I may buy things at factory outlet stores or brand stores but not things like that in the faction store.

Trista
  • AvatruneiAvatrunei ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    15,000 dils for a legendary crew? That is almost $150.
    Since the DYC and Tuesday Legendary offers (which have chronitons and credits too), the faction center prices for legendaries should be adjusted. It's really overdue. And even half the dilithium price would be extraordinarily high, but it would be a good start in the right direction.

Yes and no

Morale of the story, it's only an insult if you chose to see one. :)

Intent means more than that

• I say, if the faction center legendaries would cost 5k dilithium, it would be reasonable enough. If you buy a Tuesday offer and right afterwards the DYC offer, you get 2 stars for a desired legendary for less a third the price a legendary now costs in the faction center. This says it all.
  • Yes, those prices are bat-guano crazy... It has been brought up before, but does not change. I have to think DB makes monetary gain with those prices, because if not, that seems like poor business strategy to not exploit a potential revenue stream...
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Banjo1012 wrote: »

Actually I just thought...even VIP 0 people are DBs customers in a sense as when they watch an ad they generate revenue for DB...so he literally insulted the entire player base including himself (unless he doesn't use ads?)
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭

*reflects on four years of forum threads*

The point stands.