Home The Bridge

Merit Pull Challenge a.k.a 6° of Merit Pulls

[FF] Falken Maze[FF] Falken Maze ✭✭✭
edited January 2020 in The Bridge
The challenge is simple: find some connection between all three crew in your merit pull. Here's a simple one. Both had feelings for Dax. my5p64vcrpnl.png

Comments

• Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool idea! I’m going to keep my eyes open
  • Ha!
  • ow5ps2gkfgnu.png

All three played maternal figures without being biological moms (and yes, I know Troi is a mom in Picard, but it’s not official yet, so...).
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool idea, this. Next time I feel like taking a chance on this particular portal pull and converting Merits into Honor, I will pay closer attention to the crew before automatically dismissing them all. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    shadow8803 wrote: »
    ow5ps2gkfgnu.png

All three played maternal figures without being biological moms (and yes, I know Troi is a mom in Picard, but it’s not official yet, so...).

One of the times Troi was **tsk tsk** was in the Season Two premier, and she conceived and gave birth.........
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • shadow8803 wrote: »
    ow5ps2gkfgnu.png

One of the times Troi was **tsk tsk** was in the Season Two premier, and she conceived and gave birth.........

She did give birth...but it wasn’t actually her child. It was an alien that took the form of something that resembled her. And...it was an episode best forgotten.

I’m just amazed at how much honor you have
  • Hamsters2 wrote: »
    Janeway was also a Mom. Combine Coffee Janeway and Mutant Paris to remember the episode.

Yeah, as a proud yet ambivalent owner of a FF/FE Evolved Janeway, it’s another episode best forgotten. Though, there is more merit to that argument than Troi having birthing an alien entity, IMO, because the lizard children technically have Janeway’s genes.

However, that being said, hers and Paris’ genes were undeniably altered in the trans warp flight, and I don’t think even Maury would force the parents to claim them. Therefore, I will continue to assert that Janeway is childless.
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

Yeah, it unfortunately underlines my fear of commitment. I’ve made my peace with it.
    shadow8803 wrote: »
    Hamsters2 wrote: »
    Janeway was also a Mom. Combine Coffee Janeway and Mutant Paris to remember the episode.

Yeah, as a proud yet ambivalent owner of a FF/FE Evolved Janeway, it’s another episode best forgotten. Though, there is more merit to that argument than Troi having birthing an alien entity, IMO, because the lizard children technically have Janeway’s genes.

However, that being said, hers and Paris’ genes were undeniably altered in the trans warp flight, and I don’t think even Maury would force the parents to claim them. Therefore, I will continue to assert that Janeway is childless.

Yeah, it unfortunately underlines my fear of commitment. I’ve made my peace with it.

Your peace with it is clearly shown

• Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭

I try and keep a reserve of 200000, enough for four legendary cites.

Just before Christmas I spent a load FMing Torpedo Surgeon McCoy, only to get most of it back a few days later. :)
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    ka87c29uvdd9.jpg

Take your pick...

1. Armed and dangerous.
    2. Hey, the camera is over here!
  • I'm going to cheat, and use today's basic pull.

They are both humans.

What do I win?

dodgwa4pgugh.jpg

You pulled a gold in a basic. I'd say you already won :) That is unless you already have her FF.

Thanks for the contributions so far. They are entertaining. Well done to Data for the deep dive connections!
    4yqy3szoihpj.jpg

Coffee, Tea or Prune Juice?

Coffee

• ny1c14r9p7nn.jpg

Calling all engineers, past present or future!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
    Pulled three 3 🌟 with two common threads.

Holodeck 3 Brahms
    Lieutenant Darren
    Lieutenant Saavik

All three have great hair, so "Well-Coifed".

Other connection is tenuous, though.

The real Leah Brahms found Geordi's Holodeck 3 program and misinterpreted it. Lieutenant Darren was sexually harassed in the workplace by her superior officer. Lieutenant Saavik let a superior officer {who was a father figure to her} relieve his Pon Farr so he would not die.......
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."

Holodeck 3 Brahms
    Lieutenant Darren
    Lieutenant Saavik

The real Leah Brahms found Geordi's Holodeck 3 program and misinterpreted it. Lieutenant Darren was sexually harassed in the workplace by her superior officer. Lieutenant Saavik let a superior officer {who was a father figure to her} relieve his Pon Farr so he would not die.......

In the definition of harassment is the word “unwanted”

Holodeck 3 Brahms
    Lieutenant Darren
    Lieutenant Saavik

So, Darren worked hard to get a posting on the flagship of the Federation, and WANTED to be put in a position where she was expected to take a career setback for the superior officer who fell in love with her? Nobody ever suggested Picard give up his position. And he made it pretty clear his feelings for her would continue to interfere with her career if she stayed on the Enterprise. He made it clear that she would be withheld from away missions because of his feelings. She had actually literally just performed actions on an away mission that literally saved lives. Action that most likely would earn her a commendation. Never again would she ever have a chance to distinguish herself on an away mission if she stayed on the Enterprise......
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭

Holodeck 3 Brahms
    Lieutenant Darren
    Lieutenant Saavik

So, Darren worked hard to get a posting on the flagship of the Federation, and WANTED to be put in a position where she was expected to take a career setback for the superior officer who fell in love with her? Nobody ever suggested Picard give up his position. And he made it pretty clear his feelings for her would continue to interfere with her career if she stayed on the Enterprise. He made it clear that she would be withheld from away missions because of his feelings. She had actually literally just performed actions on an away mission that literally saved lives. Action that most likely would earn her a commendation. Never again would she ever have a chance to distinguish herself on an away mission if she stayed on the Enterprise......

Great points. One has to think that episode would be written very differently today than it was back then.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
    Hey she’s the one who whipped out her rolled up piano
  • r5g9jhpimo9a.png
    the union between ens. Kim and Ezri?
  • 6g1uxvyufoi5.png
    Frakes directed episodes of Voyager and DS9
  • 9wx8j4yrb2ik.png

Um...let's see. They're all sciencey? (this was a tough one!)
  • qs18g28msvcn.jpg

Two guys, a girl and a Borg pizza place?