Home Past Anomalies
Options

daily missions bug

Comments

• Options
    Per my other post since there are multiple threads on this:

Let's see: works for some ... not for others ... so it is probably not in the program itself but in the environment the program is being run in. Hmmmm. Radical thought there folks but stop and think for a sec ... Maybe this is a DirectX problem (I've read references to Direct X in these posts) ... and maybe it should be updated by those who have problems. Just an idea. (I know: ideas are really, really, really scary!!! Sorta like Tribbles and Klingons in the same room!)

Just trying to help ...
    Remember: it's just a game, not a matter of life and death!

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Options
    I have this issue on android and android doesn't use DirectX, so that can't be the problem.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am also having this issue. If I touch the daily missions button the game crashes. Tried it three times with the same result. I am on iPhone 10 XR. Only started happening with the new update
  • Options
    [TGE] Ersir[TGE] Ersir ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Same issue, I have contacted support with any information I have. Like a previous post, no daily reward to claim except a campaign one. PC/windows App, latest version.
  • Options
    Weyoun 69Weyoun 69 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I have this same issue on iOS. Pressing the daily missions button the game freezes up.
    Cannot claim view any daily rewards let alone claim any!! Only happed since updating to latest version!!
    Makes playing and checking daily rewards impossible. Hope I am still able to play the event though.
  • Options
    Cuttysark wrote: »
    Per my other post since there are multiple threads on this:

Let's see: works for some ... not for others ... so it is probably not in the program itself but in the environment the program is being run in. Hmmmm. Radical thought there folks but stop and think for a sec ... Maybe this is a DirectX problem (I've read references to Direct X in these posts) ... and maybe it should be updated by those who have problems. Just an idea. (I know: ideas are really, really, really scary!!! Sorta like Tribbles and Klingons in the same room!)

Just trying to help ...

Thanks @Cuttysark, your efforts are definitely appreciated! On Windows, DirectX does apply, as well as OpenGL, however, on Android, they either have OpenGL ES or they use the new Vulkan API on newer Android OS.

The good thing about programming on the Unity framework is that it abstracts all of that for you on various platforms so that you can focus on the programming tasks on hand, and leave the low-level stuff to the framework!
    In the immortal words of Spock: "Live long and prosper"
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, had it happen again but it stopped after there was something to claim besides the campaign.
  • Options
    Just tried again this morning. With items to claim on the "Daily Missions" screen under the "Daily Missions" tab, I can enter that tab like I normally do. I claimed everything available to me there, exited the game and force-closed it from the system settings, then started the app again. When I tried to enter the "Daily Missions" screen again, it froze.

I have been able to consistently repeat this several times yesterday and this morning too, @Shan !

Hope this info help in fixing this problem!
  • Options
    Ok, had it happen again but it stopped after there was something to claim besides the campaign.

Claimable items under the "Campaigns" tab doesn't count for me as well. It has to be items under the "Daily Missions" tab. When there's claimable items, no freeze.
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed.
  • Options
    Just tried it on Windows Store version. The same results are consistently reproducible.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the additional details.
    I do not have an update, it really does not affect most players so this will make it tricky to identify.
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    I do not have an update, it really does not affect most players so this will make it tricky to identify.

Fyi, this happens across various devices and windows workstations. Tests were also done on a fresh install for windows 10 and on a freshly-wiped android 10 device.

Variations in hardware configuration were chosen by what was available in our lab.

The only thing we didn't test this on was on a virtual image. Would it help if we did that test and not do the test on actual hardware, @Shan ?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Captain Q wrote: »
    Shan wrote: »

Fyi, this happens across various devices and windows workstations. Tests were also done on a fresh install for windows 10 and on a freshly-wiped android 10 device.

Variations in hardware configuration were chosen by what was available in our lab.

The only thing we didn't test this on was on a virtual image. Would it help if we did that test and not do the test on actual hardware, @Shan ?

No, I do not believe it would.
    But thank you!

Could you please PM me your DBID?
    Likewise for those of you affected.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if there was a fix, but if not mine has magically fixed itself
  • Options
    [TGE] Ersir[TGE] Ersir ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    You'r right, it has been fixed on my side too, they also replied on the support website with the following message :
    Greeting Captain,

Thank you for taking the time to contact Disruptor Beam and bringing this matter to our attention. I do apologize for this incident. We have since released an update that should resolve your issue. If you are still having trouble please please reply and let me know. Otherwise, feel free to ignore this email and your support ticket will automatically close in a few days.

Regards,

Good job DB :)
  • Options
    Thorozar Thorozar ✭✭✭✭
    Happening to me right now. Icon shows I have a daily to claim or free chrons. Clicking on that button freezes game. Tried multiple restarts. Running android.
  • Options
    BekkaBekka ✭✭✭
    happening to me on facebook and on the PC version, have not tried stream, but will try android right now.

I tried on android and I was able to get in, but still annoying.
  • Options
    Thorozar Thorozar ✭✭✭✭
    Just resolved, not sure if they fixed something on the server or if it was some temporary hiccup.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh! Now it’s happening again!!
  • Options
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Ugh! Now it’s happening again!!

For me it's happening mostly if it's close to the daily reset time
  • Options
    just updated to 7.4 using droid 9 daily mission tab freezes app
  • Options
    And it happened again ... : (
    Updated the ticket with any information I could think of.

I'm surprised it is proving to be so difficult to isolate. Can't imagine there is a big difference in client code/server data between last version and the current one. Guess we'll have to be patient.
  • Options
    DaevDaev ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Just bought the campaign and now this is happening to me. Tried on IOS, Facebook (Chrome & Firefox on OSX), Chrome on Windows 10 and The W10 App.

:(

ETA: Fixed itself after I completed my final daily scan to complete my dailies. I was able to go in and collect them and the campaign stuff.
  • Options
    PrylarDurdenPrylarDurden ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    That specific section locks my game up currently (tried 4 times). The other things (crew, portal, messages) all still work. Anyone else having this happen?

Edit: sorry I missed the other thread and started this one. It hadn't previously been happening to mine so I wasnt connecting it was the same thing.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I understand you correctly, it is an issue affecting many many people, myself included. The solution is to have a daily goal to claim, but don't claim it until the end of the day. If there is something to claim besides chroniton boosts and campaign stuff, you can get in.

I hope they fix it soon.
  • Options
    As soon as that 9pm est chron came thru, it started working.
  • Options
    [SSR]Trollhammeren[SSR]Trollhammeren ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    So this morning roughly 40 mins to reset I could no longer enter the missions tab, I've had the cadet(4/6 tickets ) and arena (7/10) left. I was trying this on a Fire Tab HD 2019 running the latest OS. Later resigning myself to completing said remaining missions and ticketing CS I went about to finish the remaining missions on my phone ( Huawei P9 EVA-L19 ,Android 7.0) where I could access the missions tab just after the reset. I collected my Siskos and did one cadet and 1 arena , tab being unreachable again after this. Hope this helps in zeroing this down.

After writing this and restarting the game it's working again on my Huawei.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if it has anything to do with having claimed or not claimed the 3* Sisko from achievements. I never claimed it and was having issues. Since the first day, I simply have left stuff to claim until an hour before restart. Until I hear differently, I will keep doing that.
  • Options
    Don’t know if anyone else has experienced this, but all of a sudden when I try to press the button to open up daily missions the whole game freezes and crashes. Not sure if it’s a widespread problem or not