Home The Bridge

Valdore in the Arena?

Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
About a week ago I noticed a handful of Valdore's being flown by top players in the Arena. This week they seem to have disappeared. My Valdore is still only at Level 8, so it will be months before I could use that ship.

Did any of you try using a Level 10 Valdore in the Arena? Care to share your experience?
Fleet: Starship Trista
Captain Level: 95
VIP Level: 12
Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends

Comments

• JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    It can cloak, but I don't even know if it has an instant xx% damage ability inbuilt or not. Rura Penthe Kirk (500% Damage Post-Cloak) would certainly work nicely on the Valdore just like he does on the Tongue or Meownty.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't even know if it has an instant xx% damage ability inbuilt or not.

It does not.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Valdore is level 9. I just tried it and failed pretty hard. I happened to notice that Valdore does not have the 350% damage bomb that the more popular ships have.
    Farewell 🖖
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    It can cloak, but I don't even know if it has an instant xx% damage ability inbuilt or not. Rura Penthe Kirk (500% Damage Post-Cloak) would certainly work nicely on the Valdore just like he does on the Tongue or Meownty.

It does not:

thju2x1yk9v9.jpeg
    https://stt.wiki/wiki/The_Valdore#Battle_Actions
    🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • sorinevsorinev ✭✭✭
    I love my Valdore. With my Krayton, I'm about 30% - 40% with wins. With the Valdore, I'm 99% on wins. It's not even a contest. Between battles though, I switch back to Krayton for defense since it has a better chance of surviving than the Valdore does in non-Valdore battles. The kicker is that they use the same slots, so all 4 crew still provide bonus on both ships without having to change anything.

That 4 second cloak is everything. The AI is just as stupid as it was on day 1 and will fire of its crew even if the opponent is cloaked. So after the AI has blown its load, it's a sitting duck that's no different than a skirmish ship.

I noticed these Valdore properties back in November and planned December accordingly, since it was Valdore schematic month. It was 100% worth the headache each night of trying to get back into top 5% with a Krayton through December.
    [SSR] Sorin08
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sorinev wrote: »
    I love my Valdore. With my Krayton, I'm about 30% - 40% with wins. With the Valdore, I'm 99% on wins. It's not even a contest. Between battles though, I switch back to Krayton for defense since it has a better chance of surviving than the Valdore does in non-Valdore battles. The kicker is that they use the same slots, so all 4 crew still provide bonus on both ships without having to change anything.

That 4 second cloak is everything. The AI is just as stupid as it was on day 1 and will fire of its crew even if the opponent is cloaked. So after the AI has blown its load, it's a sitting duck that's no different than a skirmish ship.

I noticed these Valdore properties back in November and planned December accordingly, since it was Valdore schematic month. It was 100% worth the headache each night of trying to get back into top 5% with a Krayton through December.

I would agree, if you never use it on defense and also don't have a very high end Krayton configuration (Mirror Spock/Locutus to maximize the Krayton auto damage), you'll do well using it for offense so you can manually cloak and skim the auto insta damage from opponents.

Swapping out offense/defense configs and ships might be less cumbersome once you can do all 5 of your battles in a row with no cooldowns.
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Admiral Janeway (Nemesis variant) also is pretty nice in combination with Murr Spock and Locutus in defense, as she has evasion activating at 1 second. Garth or Killy and the ship damage ability on the Krayton should do the trick after that. However, having Garth and Killy (or the Rura Penthe Commander as alternative to one of the two) together with the ship damage ability should also work fine, since evasion is probably not needed at all when the battle goes that quick.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • I've used it at lvl 8 and (if I remember correctly) have actually one one battle against a non krayton and lost (albeit by a very narrow margin) to 2 kraytons. Looking forward to maxing it and have considered purchasing the 10 for 10s again when available to get to work on that but haven't yet as I do have better things to do with that money
  • It is by far the best I've seen on offense, but it doesn't hold it's spot as well on defense with the AI using it. I imagine I'll be attacking with the valdore when there is no cooldown on arena, and switching to krayton after my 10 tickets are depleted until the next day.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    My biggest curiosity is skirmishes. With the Valdore not having the big instant damage bomb built in, can it keep pace with the Krayton? My gut says no. Maybe that attack speed could close the gap, but it seems unlikely. RP Kirk has that 500% damage to help close the gap too.

@Paladin 27 mentioned the hull and shield stats. How do the attack, accuracy, and evasion stats match up for the two ships? That could be a big factor in skirmishes, though probably not in Arena.
    Farewell 🖖
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish my Valdore was Level 10 already, but she's Level 9 now thanks to the December arena. It's a bit of a purradox though ... me being Donatra, and my Valdore isn't maxed ... oh well ... one day. I will certainly try the Valdore out in Skirmishes, but I am afraid the next Skirmish will be before my Valdore is Level 10, haha. :)
  • I find the irony in this. In the movie the Valdore only last about 2 minutes in a fight and Scimitar which took on two valdore class and enterprise E, almost won. But where is Scimitar in the arena ranks? I don't think i have seen Scimitar in top 10 but maybe twice.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    adonibyte. wrote: »
    I find the irony in this. In the movie the Valdore only last about 2 minutes in a fight and Scimitar which took on two valdore class and enterprise E, almost won. But where is Scimitar in the arena ranks? I don't think i have seen Scimitar in top 10 but maybe twice.

That's how the STT cookie crumbles!
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • I'm running the Valdore for grits and shiggles. It has absolute garbage defense (all triggers hit at the same time - thanks, AI) and I dropped like a rock overnight the first day. I spend my days passively clawing into the top 10 and back from the top 5k overnight.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • .•°rÅTT°•..•°rÅTT°•. ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I have no trouble climbing up with the Valdore.. Its Killy immune. Eats Krayton for lunch. Would be nice if the AI was better but 10 tickets is enough to get me to the top if Im online.

I'm using Commandant, Churning Kirk, Dirty Kirk and Torp. McCoy.

One thing I did notice is that it will get smoked by T'Ongs with old crew with long durations occasionally and ur like WTF. Most ships are front loaded though so its rare.

I used the Simitar for a while.. but Valdore is better. Simitar has a cool finisher though.