Home The Bridge

Federation Assassination

2»

Comments

• Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    True, but the worst Worf suffered from either of them was a formal reprimand on his record.

In fact, wasn't Worf the most-promoted member of the main cast on TNG, going from Lt. junior grade to full Lieutenant, to Lieutenant Commander?
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    True, but the worst Worf suffered from either of them was a formal reprimand on his record.

In fact, wasn't Worf the most-promoted member of the main cast on TNG, going from Lt. junior grade to full Lieutenant, to Lieutenant Commander?

I would argue no, only because Worf needed 2 shows to accomplish all of his promotions. Riker is seen as an admiral in the series finale so he managed to go from commander to admiral within one show :p

(and yes, I am ABSOLUTELY splitting hairs, meant as a joke ;) )
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭

Geordi did it by the start of TNG S3. It took Worf until the first TNG movie.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Riker had the highest promotion because he became a Q. He then had the biggest demotion when he got turned back into a lame human.
    Let’s fly!
  • I think he held the most ranks/positions because he also held ranks in the KDF.
  • .•°rÅTT°•..•°rÅTT°•. ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Gene Roddenberry's Federation died with him. Just sayin..

DS9 put all the assassination options on the table.

Actually Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country put the assassination options on the table. General Chang, Romulan Ambassador Nonclus, and Admiral Cartwright conspires to kill Gorkon. When they attempted to kill Azetbur, Colonel West (another Starfleet officer) was the triggerman.

GR was vocal in his disdain for that script...

• Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think he held the most ranks/positions because he also held ranks in the KDF.

Spock was, I think, a lieutenant when serving with Pike and eventually made captain (never mind his later stint as ambassador). I’m not sure how many KDF ranks Worf might have held but I’d say Spock is the leading character for number of promotions handled on-screen (Riker notwithstanding).

And the other thought I had through this part of the discussion: poor Harry Kim...I hope he got a promotion directly to lieutenant or lieutenant commander after he got home.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭

Geordi did it by the start of TNG S3. It took Worf until the first TNG movie.

I forgot about Geordi. You're right.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends