New Version roll out

2»

Comments

• Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    It just dropped for me in the iOS App Store as well:

ov6xc1t3h39a.png
    To download or to wait for forced upgrade? That is now the question.... 🤔
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    I for sure wait to update, for now. 🤗
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

<image snipped>

Been using the new version for weeks. Not to say there won't be issues on iOS, but it runs on Steam.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Data1001 wrote: »

<image snipped>

Been using the new version for weeks. Not to say there won't be issues on iOS, but it runs on Steam.

No problems so far in re: Daily Missions for v7.4.0, Revision 193163 on iOS 12.4.5 (iPhone 5S (backup device)). 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Got my update from Microsoft Store for use on my PC ... works just fine so far. My Android update from Google Play works great also. :D
    Remember: it's just a game, not a matter of life and death!

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    So can you tell me if this is persistent?
    I just upgraded on my android device and I have no issue when clicking on Daily Missions.

It has been persistent. I've been trying all day and was only able to get into Daily Missions only once. Windows Store version freezes and crashes (FC) when I click on Daily Missions.
    In the immortal words of Spock: "Live long and prosper"
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I appear to have the newest version, and it has been crashing on me for the past 4 or 5 hours. It was working this morning.
  • Options
    Captain Q wrote: »
    I just upgraded on my android device and I have no issue when clicking on Daily Missions.

It has been persistent. I've been trying all day and was only able to get into Daily Missions only once. Windows Store version freezes and crashes (FC) when I click on Daily Missions.

I have more info for you @Shan . I was just able to enter "Daily Missions" screen on Android 10, and it seems like it is because there is something in the "Daily Missions" tab for me to claim (Chroniton Boost bonus). Earlier today, I was not able to enter that screen when I have nothing to claim there. The one other time earlier today which I was able to enter was when I had something to claim from the same tab in that screen. That was when I completed my third scan, thereby completing my daily activities so I can claim the 3-scan reward and the task completion Honour.

I will continue to try it out some more after the next cycle starts to confirm what I am reporting.
  • Options

I have more info for you @Shan . I was just able to enter "Daily Missions" screen on Android 10, and it seems like it is because there is something in the "Daily Missions" tab for me to claim (Chroniton Boost bonus). Earlier today, I was not able to enter that screen when I have nothing to claim there. The one other time earlier today which I was able to enter was when I had something to claim from the same tab in that screen. That was when I completed my third scan, thereby completing my daily activities so I can claim the 3-scan reward and the task completion Honour.

I will continue to try it out some more after the next cycle starts to confirm what I am reporting.

@Shan I killed the app and started it again. When I tried to enter the "Daily Missions" screen it now freezes like it was doing the entire day.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

It does not open for me, even when I have stuff to claim, which means I am missing out on rewards.

Edit: It opened when I had a daily achievements to claim, but not for the chroniton boost.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    No problems so far in re: Chroniton Boost & ad-warps for v7.4.0, Revision 193163 on iOS 13.3.1 (iPhone 7+). 🖖

EDIT: No problems with claiming Daily Missions & Campaign tiers, either.
  • Options
    CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Let's see: works for some ... not for others ... so it is probably not in the program itself but in the environment the program is being run in. Hmmmm. Radical thought there folks but stop and think for a sec ... Maybe this is a DirectX problem (I've read references to Direct X in these posts) ... and maybe it should be updated by those who have problems. Just an idea. (I know: ideas are really, really, really scary!!! Sorta like Tribbles and Klingons in the same room!)

Just trying to help ...
    Remember: it's just a game, not a matter of life and death!

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Options
    CuttysNark wrote: »
    Let's see: works for some ... not for others ... so it is probably not in the program itself but in the environment the program is being run in. Hmmmm. Radical thought there folks but stop and think for a sec ... Maybe this is a DirectX problem (I've read references to Direct X in these posts) ... and maybe it should be updated by those who have problems. Just an idea. (I know: ideas are really, really, really scary!!! Sorta like Tribbles and Klingons in the same room!)

Just trying to help ...

I fixed the typo in your username. Just trying to help ... 😈
  • Options
    Cuttysark wrote: »

Just trying to help ...

DirectX ? But the issue occurs on Android and iOS as well.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    I’ve upgraded on my iPhone and have the new inventory features, but still have a cool down on Arena Battles & Cadet Missions.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wright wrote: »
    I’ve upgraded on my iPhone and have the new inventory features, but still have a cool down on Arena Battles & Cadet Missions.

That hasn't been implemented for anyone yet. As Shan stated, only when all players are on the forced upgrade, will the cooldown times be removed.

• Options
    Just tried again this morning. With items to claim on the "Daily Missions" screen under the "Daily Missions" tab, I can enter that tab like I normally do. I claimed everything available to me there, exited the game and force-closed it from the system settings, then started the app again. When I tried to enter the "Daily Missions" screen again, it froze.

I have been able to consistently repeat this several times yesterday and this morning too, @Shan !

Hope this info help in fixing this problem!

• Options
    Capt. CrunchCapt. Crunch ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I installed the new version and encountered a couple issues with the new convert inventory items to replicator rations option. (I observed these issues on both the Windows 10 app and on Android OS (running via Bluestacks Android emulator).

First, there's a constant inventory notification that won't clear. I reduced my inventory totals below 1000 unique items and I've tried rebooting, both to no avail. Is there anyway to clear the notification? (see yellow circled "1" in screen grab).

bq1xb75a8byg.jpg

The other issue I'm experiencing, which is really annoying, is that the discard menu allows me to get detailed info. about items before I discard them. However, the new replicator screen option that allows me to convert items to replicator rations, rather than discarding them, only gives detailed information if the quantity of an item is greater than one. When there's more than one item, a quantity select window appears. Clicking on the item in that window also furnishes its details. But this option isn't presented for lone items, and it's lone items I'm most likely to want to convert to rations, as clearing individual items is the easiest way to quickly reduce the number of unique items to below the 1000 item threshold that needs to be maintained in order to prevent the game from randomly selecting inventory items to remove. If I click on any of the new replicator menu icons, the inventory screen re-displays, so whatever details I had viewed in the discard menu are no longer paired with what's on screen. In other words, I have to go and find the item again. Many of the items look similar and I want to be sure that what I'm converting is, in fact, what I think I'm converting. I have a lot of character specific clothes for characters that I've already maxed out, so those seem like obvious choices to convert, but not knowing with certainty that's what I'm selecting (in the case with those items that have a quantity of just one) is very frustrating.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for your feedback.
    The notification appears when the unique item count reaches 986 I believe, and this to give ample time to manage your inventory before it reaches the 1,000 unique items.

But as this seems to add more confusion, we will see if we can change when the notification appears.
  • Options
    Same issue on iOS. Both iPhone (8 plus) and iPad (5th Gen). App crashes as soon as I try to get into the daily missions screen. Was working fine until this morning.

@Shan, will PM you my DBID
  • Options
    Well the idea is great that you have added such a feature, but this new system has its draw backs. For example when you want to create a new replicator ration you can do only one it would beneficial for those of us who have a lot in our inventory to be able to create multiple at once in a way to make it more easier for it to downsize our inventory.
  • Options
    Thorozar Thorozar ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020

Mine is freezing as well, running android. Clicking on daily missions button freezes app.

ETA, steam version crashes to desktop when the daily button is clicked on.
  • Options
    The notification appears when the unique item count reaches 986 I believe, and this to give ample time to manage your inventory before it reaches the 1,000 unique items.

But as this seems to add more confusion, we will see if we can change when the notification appears.

It appears at 975 for me. 990 might be better.
  • Options

So once I purge my inventory and reduce it down to less than 1,000 unique items, does that weekly counter reset?
    For example: if I have three days left to reduce my inventory to less than 1,000 unique items. I reduce it down to 999 unique items, but the next day I'm back over my 1,000 item limit, how many days do I then have left to purge before random deletions automatically occur?

Also, are some items exempt from random deletion? I would hope that honorable citations, voyage supplies, starbase components, faction transmissions, and the Ktarian Headset (Easter egg item) would all be exempt. If not, they should be. Additionally, I'd like to see a maximum unique items inventory allotment increase as part of the tiered VIP incentives.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, are some items exempt from random deletion? I would hope that honorable citations, voyage supplies, starbase components, faction transmissions, and the Ktarian Headset (Easter egg item) would all be exempt. If not, they should be.

From what I understand, anything you can access in the Inventory is fair game to be randomly deleted from your account. Definitely Starbase Components, Voyage Revivals, and Citations — fleetmates have reported that all these have been removed when they've gone over limit. Not entirely sure about the Ktarian Headset, as that may be exempt, but I doubt it. As it's been explained here, I don't think they can exempt anything that is considered "inventory", so this will probably not change, as long as that 1000 item limitation is in place.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    7.4.0 just dropped for the Amazon OS. No issues to report ... yet. (knocks on wood)
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Shan, since the update is live for all platforms now for some days,
    any news when this will finally happen? :)

8ylqd73599nj.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope fully sometime this week but it is not guaranteed - will let you know :)
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope fully sometime this week but it is not guaranteed - will let you know :)

Does the +5 Crew Slots signify closeness? Like "Sorry y'all had to wait. have some Crew Slots."
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?