Home Past Anomalies
Options

New Version roll out

Hi, The Samsung store is still showing as version 7.3.1, with no update option, and Google play does not show Timelines for me. Any date for when these may update?

Comments

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully soon but I do not have a specific date for you. Sorry. It will happen though :)
  • Options
    KadavarKadavar ✭✭✭
    That's fine Shan, I just didn't want to be locked out as I hadn't been able to update.
  • Options
    I still haven't been able to update to 7.4. Google play store has no update available. Am I having a problem or more patience needed. Thanks.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    7.4 is currently only available on Facebook and Steam - there is a delay for the other platforms unfortunately.
  • Options
    RoxtonRoxton ✭✭✭
    Do we have an ETA on its release ?
    Star Truckerz
    It's only my opinion but....

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not yet - hopefully next week but it is not guaranteed.
  • Options
    RoxtonRoxton ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update Shan.
    Star Truckerz
    It's only my opinion but....

• Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a purrticular reason why this patch has a month difference between release on PC and mobile? There has never been such a huge gap.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a purrticular reason why this patch has a month difference between release on PC and mobile? There has never been such a huge gap.

I've noticed over the last few updates they seem to release them on FB/Steam before mobile OS. It used to be the delay was just a few days and caused by Google and Apple taking longer reviewing the update before publishing it.

I assume it's a sort of beta test, or that the changes require more work for android/iOS.
  • Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭

They've put out some REALLY unstable and downright garbage releases lately so wouldn't surprise me if they have last minute bugs they're trying to fix.
  • Options
    veXveX ✭✭
    Will android and Ios users be compesated considering that we have to wait so long?!
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    veX wrote: »
    Will android and Ios users be compesated considering that we have to wait so long?!

If the new version 7.4.0 rolls out glitch-free for mobile platforms, I will consider that more than adequate compensation for waiting. 🖖

"In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    veXveX ✭✭

If the new version 7.4.0 rolls out glitch-free for mobile platforms, I will consider that more than adequate compensation for waiting. 🖖

I won't because I can't wait for improvements. And it's not fair that some users feel benefits for weeks while others not.
  • Options

Compensated what for? It‘s not that we have any disadvantage.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

I'm a little confused by your comment ....

Neither Microsoft Store (ie: PC ) nor Google Play (Android) have this update available yet. So both of the platforms I use to play can't update me! But, I don't really plan to fret about it. As I like to remind folk: "It's just a game not a matter of life or death".

So, I will just save the use of my personal panic button for another, better, occasion LOL ;):)
    Remember: it's just a game, not a matter of life and death!

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Options
    edited January 2020

I won't because I can't wait for improvements. And it's not fair that some users feel benefits for weeks while others not.

1. Why can’t you wait?
    2. Some users may be benefiting from the inventory & fleet chat improvements. What form of compensation would you suggest for those users who aren’t?
    3. The cooldown timers will not be eliminated until the forced upgrade for all users, so that playing field is still level.

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/15280/v7-4-0-release-notes-correction

I would also point out that only mobile OS users enjoy the benefits of ad-warps, which to me is a rather large advantage in benefits over non-mobile users. Should they be compensated in turn? 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Compensated. Some people are hilarious. Call a lawyer off of a billboard.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Back on topic, Shan wrote this today in the thread on The Bridge (merge, perhaps?):
    Shan wrote: »
    There have been some unfortunate delays for the release of 7.4.0 on other platforms.
    Once I have more details on when this will happen, I will let you know.
    🖖
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry I got sidetracked and did not update this thread.
    Thanks ~peregrine~ for your helpfulness.

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    7.4 has been released on Android today.
    Other platforms will follow, Windows 10 might be today as well :)
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Edit: By Android I mean Google Play - for Amazon, Samsung, and Huawei store it will happen as well, but later.
  • Options
    as of 4:45 pm PST it isn't available yet in Microsoft Store. I will keep holding my breath ... which is a no-brainer in the vacuum of space! ;)

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Cuttysark wrote: »
    as of 4:45 pm PST it isn't available yet in Microsoft Store. I will keep holding my breath ... which is a no-brainer in the vacuum of space! ;)

Pretty sure Shan didn‘ t mean with „later“, today. More like within the nxt couple days. ;)

EDIT: NVM
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    After updating to new version on my android, I can no longer click on the menu to view my dailies and collect them. Pretty bad timing as I only have a few hours til daily reset...
  • Options
    Just tried to collect my dailies on FB as well and got a stack error. t9knqt3q59iz.png
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Shan wrote: »
    7.4 has been released on Android today.
    Other platforms will follow, Windows 10 might be today as well :)
    [emphasis added]

Pretty sure Shan didn‘ t mean with „later“, today. More like within the nxt couple days. ;)

Pretty sure Shan was referring to the Windows 10 app (EDIT: in the Microsoft Store), there. :p
  • Options
    Microsoft = Windows 10 doesn't it? My "App" for this game came from Microsoft Store with a version date of 07APR19. (They call it an 'app' not me) You guys aren't keeping secrets from me are ya? LOL

But really I just posted that to let others know that it wasn't there yet ... o:)o:)

Oh the suspense of it all! Be still my racing heart!

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Microsoft = Windows 10 doesn't it? My "App" for this game came from Microsoft Store with a version date of 07APR19. (They call it an 'app' not me) You guys aren't keeping secrets from me are ya? LOL

But really I just posted that to let others know that it wasn't there yet ... o:)o:)

Oh the suspense of it all! Be still my racing heart!

It just showed up for me in the Microsoft Store. EDIT: 1.0.269.0
    LLAP
  • Options
    Be careful for what we wish for... The upgrade arrived and installed. Consequently, it crashes when clicking on "Daily Missions", even with cache delete and app reset.
    In the immortal words of Spock: "Live long and prosper"
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    So can you tell me if this is persistent?
    I just upgraded on my android device and I have no issue when clicking on Daily Missions.