Home The Bridge
Options

Clarity needed on Honor Sales

Today's announcement states:

"- Special Honor offers will be available every day until Tuesday, January 21, in the Time Portal. So be sure to check them out every day."

Can anyone remember the last honor sales and does this mean new offers each day or will the purchase limit and cooldown timers for the offers we see now simply reset?

I'm mostly referring to the portal offers that require honor points to buy, not so much the ones that are direct cash purchases.

Great sale, thanks DB! :)

Comments

• Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last honor sale was in the honor hall and nothing like this. We're in uncharted territory. I will recommend buying the max 10 of the behold + citation deals in the portal. I really doubt it will get any better than that. (Feel free to prove me wrong, DB. ;) )
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last honor sale was in the honor hall and nothing like this. We're in uncharted territory. I will recommend buying the max 10 of the behold + citation deals in the portal. I really doubt it will get any better than that. (Feel free to prove me wrong, DB. ;) )

Good point, it's all coming back to me now thank you.

I'm really interested in making sure I dont blow all my honor on these offers on day 1 if a better deal is going to pop up in the next week.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I find it hard to believe we can do better than a begold and a citation for less then the cost of either one separately. But I'd love to be wrong. 400k honor spent happily
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options

I'm really interested in making sure I dont blow all my honor on these offers on day 1 if a better deal is going to pop up in the next week.

This is a once a year type offer. You'll have a LOT of time to save for next time. And I wouldn't count on next time being the same. They do seem to like changing it up. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    But again... I don't think it will get better than today. This is pretty amazing!
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just blew my honor on the 40k deal of begold plus citation. The begolds weren't anything to write home about, but cheaper citations are always a deal.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options

This is a once a year type offer. You'll have a LOT of time to save for next time. And I wouldn't count on next time being the same. They do seem to like changing it up. :)

I saved plenty for this one and I'm very pleased, I just dont want to waste it.

• Options
    I am cautiously optimistic about other sales this week. I have been stocking up on gold citations since we didn't see any honor sale the last couple months, so my honor bank is pretty low.

I went with the $9.99 special for 10K honor plus a gold cite, and then this appears:

ndh3our3042z.jpg

Tempting, but I will see what the rest of the week's temptations are.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Just blew my honor on the 40k deal of begold plus citation. The begolds weren't anything to write home about, but cheaper citations are always a deal.

I added 8 stars. That's like erasing two 1/5's from the "honor debt" list. I also got three 1/5's, so... I fell behind until you count in the TEN citations that were part of the deal. So basically, I erased 300k in "honor debt".

Disclaimer: I don't believe in honor debt, so I put it in quotes above. For me, there are just crew that are more likely to get a citation than others. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you buy the 24.99 this shows up.

I’ve also heard there is a 99.99 behind this one.

ow08hfxs0l3o.jpeg
  • Options
    At what point are those deals good/bad?
  • Options
    From a fleet mate.
    oqvyiqmu75nl.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Stompy wrote: »
    At what point are those deals good/bad?

Well, that depends on what you want and your wallet.

Dont forget we're getting a free gold citation on any time limited purchase, so I think there are various tipping points if you have a budget in mind.
  • Options
    My budget is flexible for good deals. That said, i did not buy all the christmas deals, as i felt like some were bad value.

I dont usually buy honor (as i hardly ever spend it), so i dont have a good dollar value on buying it.
  • Options
    marschallinmarschallin ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    The $10 deal is definitely worth it, IMHO, because you’re essentially getting a legendary behold and a begold for $10.

The others are more arguable depending on how much you value $25, $50, etc. but I don’t think any of them are terrible, IMHO, if you are using that honor for the 40K for 1 cite/1 begold deal.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    My budget is flexible for good deals. That said, i did not buy all the christmas deals, as i felt like some were bad value.

I dont usually buy honor (as i hardly ever spend it), so i dont have a good dollar value on buying it.

I estimate 833 honor per premium portal(assuming you airlock 3*/4* and keep 5*). So the 10 for $10 is 8,330 honor for $10. This is better.

If you value the citation at the standard 50k honor, then all the deals posted are still "worth it".
    If you value the citation at the reduced 40k honor, then the $50 offer begins to be worth a little less than 10 for $10. And the $100 offer is clearly worse.

If you factor in the value of the begold, then the numbers move a bit but I don't want to think about all the variables at that point.
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses. I think there is enough there for me to decide and/or do additional math.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

I estimate 833 honor per premium portal(assuming you airlock 3*/4* and keep 5*). So the 10 for $10 is 8,330 honor for $10. This is better.

If you value the citation at the standard 50k honor, then all the deals posted are still "worth it".
    If you value the citation at the reduced 40k honor, then the $50 offer begins to be worth a little less than 10 for $10. And the $100 offer is clearly worse.

If you factor in the value of the begold, then the numbers move a bit but I don't want to think about all the variables at that point.

The $100 deal buys you 225k honor and a citation. 200k of that honor buys you five beholds and five citations, the other 25k could be spent on two more beholds. Six total citations and seven beholds would usually cost 615,000 honor, which at the 8333 honor per 10 for $10 rate would cost $740. Even if you don’t get the two citation-less beholds that’s $630 worth of stuff from the best usual offer we see.

The $50 deal buys two of the behold/citation packages for a minimum value of $290, the $25 offer has $174 of value, and the $10 deal provides $114 of value - all based off of the 10 for $10 honor conversion rate. For a total outlay of $185 (not a small amount) you get as many beholds and citations as you could get from about $2,000 worth of 10 for $10 purchases.

Assuming my math is right, these deals are so good I would worry about the game shutting down next month if it weren’t for the giant revenue streams that are going to come from STP, the next season of Discovery, Lower Decks, and any potential post-merger availability of Kelvinverse content.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    But all that math suggests to use the honor on these special offers. They are limited though. We will see during the next days what 10k+ honor are worth. With 250k honor left after today's maximum purchases I am hesitant to spend cash on this. 10k honor + 1 citation are not worth 10 dollar to me at the usual honor exchange rate. But if they throw out offers with potential spendings of 400k each day that of course validates all your math as literally everyone interested will run out of honor in the course of a week.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    I am not complaining, but I think at $50, you should get your honor + 2 cites, and at $100, you should get honor + 3 cites.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    [DC] Picard Loves Reds[DC] Picard Loves Reds ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    That's basically what they did though.
    10k for $10 = 50k for $50, but they offer 100k, one extra cite.
    10/10 = 100/100 but they offer 225, 2.5 cites above the 10/10 base.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    I look at it slightly differently.
    I feel a legendary citation is worth $9.99.
    So I look at these offers as the $9.99 gives you 10000 honor for free.
    The $24.99 gives you 40000 honor for $15.00 or 26666 honor/10.00
    The $49.99 gives you 100000 honor for $40.00 or 25000 honor/10.00
    The $99.99 gives you 200000 honor for $90.00 or 25000 honor/10.00

Whether the honor is useful or not depends on how much honor you have.
    The first two honor offers need to buy all 410000 honor.
    You have an extra day so you will get to see the next day offers before buying these offers. But the time limit on the current offers will expire tomorrow at noon eastern daylight savings time. I think it really comes down to how much honor you need for the current offers and how much you are willing to spend. If you have enough honor to buy the current offers, you can put off the decision one more day on whether to buy the cash offers.
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    AviTrek wrote: »

The $100 deal buys you 225k honor and a citation. 200k of that honor buys you five beholds and five citations, the other 25k could be spent on two more beholds. Six total citations and seven beholds would usually cost 615,000 honor, which at the 8333 honor per 10 for $10 rate would cost $740. Even if you don’t get the two citation-less beholds that’s $630 worth of stuff from the best usual offer we see.

The $50 deal buys two of the behold/citation packages for a minimum value of $290, the $25 offer has $174 of value, and the $10 deal provides $114 of value - all based off of the 10 for $10 honor conversion rate. For a total outlay of $185 (not a small amount) you get as many beholds and citations as you could get from about $2,000 worth of 10 for $10 purchases.

Assuming my math is right, these deals are so good I would worry about the game shutting down next month if it weren’t for the giant revenue streams that are going to come from STP, the next season of Discovery, Lower Decks, and any potential post-merger availability of Kelvinverse content.

These honour offers are only about twice better than event crew purchases with a free cite on top, nothing crazy and the audience isn't the same. From my perspective, they're still not worth it except the first one for 9.99 maybe.

Don't worry, the game is still expensive and people are going to keep spending. Honour is a bottomless pit after all.
  • Options
    foz6ltguml66.jpg

Looks like it's gonna be the same offers every day.
  • Options
     Bri Bri ✭✭✭✭
    foz6ltguml66.jpg

Would’ve been nice if they reset the prices Starting at the $10 deal with a cite
  • Options
    [S14]Bri wrote: »
    foz6ltguml66.jpg

Would’ve been nice if they reset the prices Starting at the $10 deal with a cite

Maybe they'll do that tomorrow when it expires? Could be they let those run for two days in case people wanna buy the more expensive honor offers.
  • Options
     Bri Bri ✭✭✭✭
    foz6ltguml66.jpg

Maybe they'll do that tomorrow when it expires? Could be they let those run for two days in case people wanna buy the more expensive honor offers.

Most likely. I’d have preferred to purchase the cheap one every day though.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    foz6ltguml66.jpg

Now I have a debate? Should I burn my last 400k? I'm thinking yes.....
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    foz6ltguml66.jpg

Now I have a debate? Should I burn my last 400k? I'm thinking yes.....

I'm in the same boat. I have enough for 8 more. That is good for me. But I wonder what tomorrow brings?