Home The Bridge
Options

Premium track EV Seven

What do we think? I'm on the fence here, annoyed particularly because I turned down a copy of this card during the honor sale.

Who's in, who's out and why?

Comments

• Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I like Seven in general, and that's some fine-looking artwork, as well. But 1) I don't have her at all yet; 2) she's just not that great, stat-wise, and 3) I've spent more money recently than I normally do — so I'm probably out. (Probably. Talk to me again in February. ;))

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Seeing as you stated you don't put money into this game ... it is kinda moot to consider purchasing the premium track and being "on a fence" is it not?
  • Options
    I'm definitely out. There's only one Seven that's any good at shuttle work (for upcoming Picard events) and that's Seven in silver. I have a feeling DB went with Irumodic Syndrome Picard because that Picard is "old" and that's going to be a theme (probably) in the new Picard TV show. However, if they wanted my money, this month, they really needed to do better. Something like, Mambo Picard and Indignant Seven would have done the trick (for me).
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    I will skip it, but I only buy the premium track when I really want the crew or when their skill combination is particularly useful for my crew roster (I alternate between the premium campaign and the monthly card).
    If you get her, she's still a 5/5* legendary (assuming you'll use the citation on her) and main cast, so she won't be useless.
  • Options
    Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Campaigns are the best deal in the game

That too. Unless you're a collector like me (I don't think I've ever spent money on anything that didn't have the immediate goal of acquiring crew that I wanted) then the campaigns are definitely the best investment.

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am waiting to make a decision till I have more info on the mega and whether I need the extra dilithium and goodies from the campaign. For me personally this Seven is bad and adds nothing to my crew but a crew slot taken.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    DazlaaaaaDazlaaaaa ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    Seeing as you stated you don't put money into this game ... it is kinda moot to consider purchasing the premium track and being "on a fence" is it not?

A fair point - and I don't. I do have Google play credit from answering surveys.

It's a fine distinction, but one I'm happy to make and clarify.
  • Options
    PavelHPavelH ✭✭✭
    Pass. She's unusable so what you're left with is 5 packs and a citation. For me a citation is 2/3 bucks and packs are mostly useless purples. So the campaign value is for me 5 bucks plus some goodies like merits. The only reason I may buy it is if the mega is a good card and I'll be playing the game regardless. If the mega is a bad card I'll pass on playing all together.
  • Options
    IvlainIvlain ✭✭✭✭
    The premium track is worth the money even if I don't especially need the Legendary. Another 4/5 isn't going to cripple my roster, and she is a main character. I can always cite her and send her to the freezer, if it bothers me that much.
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Out. It's a package, yes there's a citation and some goodies but if the biggest bit stinks I'm not touching it. And EV Suit Seven stinks. Super rare bases, worthless in the gauntlet unless you've spent the last year hibernating or never played it (Locutus is much better, and free), and 8% better for voyages than Rura Penthe Kirk, a two skill crew. A good skill set doesn't make it up for how bad the rest is. Buying the premium track is like buying a glorified purple card.
  • Options
    ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    In. I like Seven and the other stuff included is good.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Said it before, will have to apparently say it again. If you are only looking at the Legendary, and ignoring other benefits, you are doing it wrong.

Compare it the Legendary LTOs. You get 1 🌟 of the Legendary. 1250 Chronitons, 200,000 Fed Creds, and the Dilithium you get for your V.I.P. Level.

The Premium Track includes all the bonus stuff {less Chronitons}, plus other stuff. You cannot usually get Shuttle Tokens anywhere else. The no time added Shuttle Doublers occasionally drop from Boost Packs, but you get several for sure on the Premium Track.

Is the Legendary on the Premium Track always a Sledgehammer? No. But, you can airlock all four copies and cite someone else. Or Immortalize EV Suit Seven and toss her a chill pill. She is in at least one collection........

EDIT: CORRECTED LTO ITEMS
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    I got a copy in the honor sale and I'm in!
  • Options
    I'm in. Not necessarily for Seven, as her stats are indeed pretty dire, but for all the other rewards. Even if the legendary isn't a winner, its still fairly good bang for your buck.
  • Options
    I'm in. Not necessarily for Seven, as her stats are indeed pretty dire, but for all the other rewards. Even if the legendary isn't a winner, its still fairly good bang for your buck.

+87!!!!!
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    In :)
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    I have one of her, so that would be another FFFE for me, plus the citation. My wallet is ready.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    Found my post in the other thread. Slightly less Chronitons, but loads more of everything else in the Legendary LTOs.......

My guess is Smitten Jean-Luc Picard if the February Mega is Picard-themed, and Klingon Bride Jadzia if it's Romantic-themed.

Smitten actually would fit both. But, Either one of them, I would also do the Premium Track for.

Let's compare the Premium Track to the LTOs for 1* on a Legendary. The LTO has 1250 Chronitons, 200,000 Fed Creds, and however much Dilithium you get for VIP Level.

For that same $9.99 the Premium Track offers a Fully Fused Legendary, 800 Chronitons, 675,000 Fed Creds, the VIP Dilithium, plus another 822 Dilithium.

Better deal by far. Even if you have the Legendary Immortalized, it might be one worth a second copy. If you already one or more stars on the Legendary, the Citation can go to someone else.

• Options
    I'm in. The only campaign I skipped was Mirror Picard (regret it). I'll have a 4/4 All Good Things Picard, a 4/5 Seven, honor, citations, and extra dilithium. Oh and I have found inhabe 50k honor quicker with the premium track than without it so it's basically 2 legendary citations for me.
  • Options
    KatlaKatla ✭✭✭
    Not the most tempting offer, but after the honor sale I am down to hardly any credits, merits or honor. That alone is worth it to me. All the rest is gravy.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Said it before, will have to apparently say it again. If you are only looking at the Legendary, and ignoring other benefits, you are doing it wrong.

Compare it the Legendary LTOs. You get 1 🌟 of the Legendary. 1250 Chronitons, 200,000 Fed Creds, and the Dilithium you get for your V.I.P. Level.

The Premium Track includes all the bonus stuff {less Chronitons}, plus other stuff. You cannot usually get Shuttle Tokens anywhere else. The no time added Shuttle Doublers occasionally drop from Boost Packs, but you get several for sure on the Premium Track.

Is the Legendary on the Premium Track always a Sledgehammer? No. But, you can airlock all four copies and cite someone else. Or Immortalize EV Suit Seven and toss her a chill pill. She is in at least one collection........

EDIT: CORRECTED LTO ITEMS

You said pretty much everything I was going to say - the citation alone should be worth it for most people and then you get dilithium, merits, and honor (both straight up and from airlocked crew) on top of that. For deals that are offered regularly or continuously, it’s a level of value only really approached by the monthly card.

All of that aside, I’m in because my Seven is at 1/5*. I’ve only used her in the gauntlet so far (and even then only sparingly, when trait bonuses pile up) and it will be nice to have an immortal copy for the inevitable event bonuses going forward that I can freeze when not in use.
  • Options
    I'm wait and see. I usually don't buy till later in the campaign when the crew will be more useful with more stars.
    We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested
  • Options
    I'm in. She may not be FO Burnham (citation needed), but I'm roughly mid-game and she'll surely find use even at 4*'s. Plus all the other goodies. Plus ticking up the VIP score for whatever bonuses come with that. I've taken every campaign since I started - I missed the first one (Leland I think?) - even the crappy cards like Troi and Guinan. This and the monthly card are the only things I've regularly spent money on in any game, and even if it's just 4 gold's out the airlock that's still a good amount of honor.
  • Options
    The whole premium track, including those 10x pulls and the legendary citation, is easily worth $10 to me. EV Suit Seven is just a nice added bonus. And at least she'll likely be useful in the weeks and months to come.