Home The Bridge
Options

Rest in peace, Principia

[DC] Merwinian[DC] Merwinian ✭✭✭
edited February 2020 in The Bridge
On December 31, the DiscordContinuum fleet and the Star Trek Timelines community lost our friend, Principia. We've been contacted in-game and in Discord by her husband, who would like the news of her passing spread to everyone who knew and cared about her.

Principia was one of the smartest people around. She knew Trek and pop culture better than anyone, led several trivia nights in Discord, was a heck of a player and had at least one first-to-max. She was funny, witty, opinionated and helpful, she stood up for people (including me) and could be very blunt (including with me!) It was difficult not to change my mind about some things after arguing with her! She was a great person to know and it was an honor to be her friend. We'll miss her very much.

With her husband's permission, here is her obituary, which includes details of her upcoming memorial services and an RSVP form for friends to confirm their attendance or send their regrets. He hopes a few of her extended internet family will be able to make it.

Thank you to her husband for reaching out to us, and to those of you who've already helped to spread word about her passing to your fleets.

Her memory will live long and prosper.

https://tinyurl.com/lije-carpenter-obit
Join the Star Trek Timelines Discord Server:
Invitation code: https://discord.gg/8Du7ZtJ

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is sad news, indeed. She will be missed, I know.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Thank you as well to everyone who displayed the #4Prin tag on the leaderboard during the Revisiting Things Past event!
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear that :(
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very sad news. I didn't know her, but there are many great members of our community. It is sad to lose one. My heart goes out to her family.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Very sad. RIP.

All my best and strength to her family during this time.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    May you Rest In Peace our comrade
  • Options
    ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very Sad. Rest in Peace Principia.
  • Options
    I thought I was the best at Star Trek trivia, then Prin showed me I was wrong. We lost a great player, and a great mind.
  • Options
    This STT world that DB has created for us has taken an unexpected turns for many. Trek fans and likeminded people sharing ideas across the globe and becoming friends through fleets, STT related sites and communications that were not available to us before. Even to debate and argue but with respect of everyones opinion.
    I did not know Principia but as mr McClain pointed out her legacy in STT will carry on “first to max” APU 3947.
    Personally I have lost two squad members in the past year. I never imagined I would care for people I have never met through what was supposed to be “just a game”.
    This world has become a sanctuary for many of us to get away from the turmoil and stress of real life. I have been so saddened by the loss of my squadmates that it was very hard to log in and continue playing knowing they wouldn't be there. But I realize they would want me to continue.
    We must appreciate every day and be kind to those we interact with,.... for the next day someone may be lost.
  • Options
    Prin was a great friend to many and will be very sorely missed.

For folks asking about avatars... She usually wore T'Pol as her avatar on a lot of platforms, like Discord. During the event Mer referenced, we used T'Pol as avatars in her honor.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Options
    Absolute condolences.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Myself and the rest of the team are very saddened by this news.
    Our thoughts are with Principia's family and friends. <3
  • Options
    While I did not know Principia, I am saddened to hear of her passing. Thoughts and prayers for all who knew her in this tough time.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    Thank you, [KM] Rowden, [GoT] Gunboat Diplomat and [GoT] Gabe :)
    prin.jpg 223.9K
  • Options
    While I did not know Principia, I am saddened to hear of her passing. Thoughts and prayers for all who knew her in this tough time.

I also didn't know here but I echo the condolences expressed here for her family and friends.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, [KM] Rowden, [GoT] Gunboat Diplomat and [GoT] Gabe :)

That tribute is awesome.

😻😿😻😿😻
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Little update on this thread. A friend of Prin's has been organizing charitable donations in Prin's honor so her husband can be presented with a tally at the upcoming memorial. The organizations chosen were https://www.lung.org/get-involved/ways-to-give/ and/or https://www.blairbraverman.com/dogsledding. It would be a wonderful gift if some of her STT friends were able to help out with this! As an incentive, I'm going to match donations up to a total of $500 overall (just PM me a screenshot if you donate). You can donate to either or both.

In order to get these in time for the memorial, the deadline is this Thursday (March 5) 4PM Eastern (2100 UTC). You can forward your donation receipt or a screenshot of it to katnip_lala@yahoo.com. Mention in your email that you know Prin from Star Trek Timelines. Remember to PM me with your amount so I can match it!
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!