Home The Bridge
Options

Would you like to change the events' duration if you could?

MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2020 in The Bridge
/edit: Damn of course I meant to remove Friday not Thursday in the poll in the 3 day vote...

4 days is a lot for me, I wished it was less. Or maybe longer but with several weeks between the events like in other games. STT is quite exhaustive and not very family friendly...
Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.

Would you like to change the events' duration if you could? 86 votes

No, 4 days are perfect.
26%
ADM Fletcher [ET]AviTrekZann Calcore (ISA)JayBeezyPhotonKim[FF] Frylock IBOL17Ryan007926Gib - Admiral MarinersCapt. Pete OwenDScottHewittYateballMirror CartmanDirk GundersonÅnubisAandraaUluruPrime LorcaEnderWCaptain IdolSeven Constanza 23 votes
5 days were great. (When to when?)
0%
6 or 7 days were best for me. (When to when?)
1%
Hemlock Martinis 1 vote
I wished they were longer than 7 days but not each week. (What would you like to see?)
1%
dext74 1 vote
3 days were enough. (Remove Thursday or Monday?)
45%
SSR BarkleySabine of AthensCaptain DurfData1001Zombie Squirrel FredouJim RaynorCapt Ajamm[SSR] GTMET(CSF) Jesus Is Lord [••••]aklobo[S47] ELiLgregorytMatt_Deckerguest_757423444811776Parker RobbinsThurthoradCranky (SC) TP:ToPetter ~SE~PrimusCaptain Romar 39 votes
2 days were perfect, Saturday and Sunday, that's it.
13%
JhamelHungry Dog DDMAggePaladin 27I will not blame the player for my mistakesSovinoxNavarch Ren~MiT Sanoaursine cotcherTaggartguest_870755445485568 12 votes
1 day only please. (Which one?)
4%
[QH] Oxmyx[Deleted User]JoeSage 2[RUS] Spok Nok 4 votes
Something else. (What?)
5%
eXo | SilverRose (retired)IronagedaveWebberoniDavideBooks{DD} Smelly 5 votes
I don't care.
1%
Thorozar 1 vote

Comments

• Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, 4 days are perfect.
    I think everyone was pretty much in agreement that the six-day triple hybrid was far too long. On the other hand, there have been some good ideas for 2-day mini events as well that could be interesting to implement.

I went with 4 days because cutting back down to three days means one additional day of boredom for a lot of people. Unless that event day was replaced with something else to keep people interested, I would be surprised if DB didn’t see a decrease in engagement as a result.
  • Options
    No, 4 days are perfect.
    I like the 4 day format. I did one ticket between Thursday and Friday, and took the weekend off. Normally I start slow, and by the end of the event I ma well into the top 1000.
  • Options
     Bri Bri ✭✭✭✭
    Cutting off Monday and running three days would be perfect for me because I’m a busy teacher here in Taiwan all day Monday until the evening, and that can impact on the end of my event. Still, sneaking to the bathroom to send out some shuttles helps, but I can’t exactly sit on the toilet for 2 hours skirmishing!

But, Four days is the only option. So I will learn to live with it... Because I can live with it... I can live with it...

xbnel7859acj.jpeg
  • Options
    Voted for 3 days, since i could use another day „off“. :D
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just Saturday and Sunday would be ideal since there's an event every literal week. If events were bi-weekly, 4 days would be purrfect (same days like we have now).
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    No, 4 days are perfect.
    From a time management perspective I think the present format of 4 days is fine. I don’t play for rank but rather try to get all of the threshold rewards then wait for the end of the event. For the non faction events this allows me to do other things during the weekend besides keep checking in at time intervals.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something else. (What?)
    I would rock Thursday and Friday events.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always thought it's very weird to have a 'weekend' event start on a Thursday.

Going to 3 days would also make it slightly more challenging to complete threshold rewards (and even perhaps community rewards, on occasion), which I think would be a good change, rather than making it a mostly 'sure thing', like it is now if you just put in a little time playing every day of the event.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wished they were longer than 7 days but not each week. (What would you like to see?)
    I think it'd be interesting to experiment with bigger scale events that appear less frequent than every week - I wonder how much we're all just ingrained at this point of knowing "ope, it's Thursday at noon, time to start a new event" - the habit building fact of this is probably good for business/retention from the developer side of things, but something to break the schedule might be fun too.
  • Options
    Wow thats alot of 3 days votes, same here ;)
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ The majority who voted for 3 days: Which day would you rather have event-free?
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    @ The majority who voted for 3 days: Which day would you rather have event-free?

I don't think it would make a difference for me, either one would be fine.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Something else. (What?)
    Personally I am used to four days, that's not to say there were not times when I wished the event ended before Monday due to RL and working Mon-Fri. However there have been plenty of weekends where I was glad I had the evening weekdays of Thurs and Friday and maybe some of the weekend evening to participate, most events provide enough flexibility (bar faction I would say).

However there was talk about having mini events and I think this may have been alluded to in one of the Q&As previously held. I think a separate mini event type would be the way forward or fitting them in rotation with main events would be ideal.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, 4 days are perfect.
    I prefer that the norm remain 4 days. However... In between mega events (so about every two months), if DB wanted to do different durations, I would be on board. And they could go in both directions - shorter one month, longer two months later. One thing: anything longer than 4 days must be a hybrid. I couldn't take 5 to 7 days of any one event type.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    I've always thought they should be much shorter. For me, starting at 12:01 am Saturday EST and ending 11:59 pm Sunday EST, would be perfect. Basically 2 days, midnight to midnight. I think 1 day would be too short, I don't think 3 is really optimal.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options

Well the way I felt was day 4 I was just dreading seeing how far I had fallen and how much is have to tap to retake my spot. But if ya start on Friday on end on Saturday I don't think it would make much of a difference
  • Options
    {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something else. (What?)
    I wish they would shorten events to 2 days but give us 2 events per week. Sort of like how a hybrid event works now, but each phase would be a separate event. Ideally one event would be new and the other would be a rerun. Most of us are desperate to add stars to legendarys and this seems an ideal solution to that, imo. Granted, threshold rewards would need some adjustments, but I think it would be awesome.
  • Options

Thursdays.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, 4 days are perfect.
    Keep it at four days, I have built the game into my schedule.

If it was reduced to three days, then remove the Thursday, and keep the Monday. I often do a lot of work in Galaxy/Skirmish events on the Sunday evening, and until 5pm Monday on my day off.

Two days would be difficult for me to balance around work.
  • Options
    Or how about 4 days but just 2 events a month and some new things for daily missions?
  • Options
    6 or 7 days were best for me. (When to when?)
    I'd be interested in seeing how longer events might work and voted accordingly. But if I could change one thing about events, I would expand how many players get an event 5* beyond the top 1500. That would make me more interested in regularly competing for them than any other single change.
  • Options
    1 day only please. (Which one?)
    One day events to take place on a Tuesday.

It doesn't really matter anyhow because half of the world is disadvantaged either way you run these.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, 4 days are perfect.
    I'd be interested in seeing how longer events might work and voted accordingly. But if I could change one thing about events, I would expand how many players get an event 5* beyond the top 1500. That would make me more interested in regularly competing for them than any other single change.

The triple hybrid from summer 2018 was pretty rough even with three event types.
  • Options
    Something else. (What?)
    4 days are fine, but dialing back the damn frequency would be nice. How about a week off?
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Options

Probably the Monday. However, it's more a comment that having over half of each week on an event is a bit much.
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would rather lose the Monday. I can't enjoy the end of the event if I'm stuck at work
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    Well technically, right now, events run over 5 days: Thursday to Monday. That only leaves Tuesday and Wednesday to level crew and prep for the other event. I’d rather have events just during the weekend personally.
  • Options
    4 days becomes tedious week after week
    ~ seeking out new life